Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gran Canaria Drone law
17567 11 2018-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sszaki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106030 ft
Ireland

I'm planing to go to Gran Canaria next week and just started to look around for Drone flying laws in Gran Canaria and it looks like the are very strict about that. Nothing special just more restrictive (120m high 100 distance, no near populated areas etc) but during that reserch i found out that a lot of drones were confiscated and operators were fined. Or even some people had problems on seciurity checks on fly back...

Did You have any experience in Flying around Gran Canaria? I dont mind the restrictions as i almost never fly above 100m or 200m away.

And one more question about transporting batteries and drone. Do i need lipo bag for each battery with me? Do i need to keep them with me inside cabin? It's ryanair that i will be flying with.

Thanks
2018-4-7
Use props
JRos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677362 ft
United States

Transportation is not a Issue... I always put my batteries in lipo bags, just for safety. All
2018-4-7
Use props
JRos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 677362 ft
United States

Transportation is not a Issue... I always put my batteries in lipo bags, just for safety.
All lipo batteries need to be carried with you, not in your luggage, this is safety airline policy.

Flying in Spain is tricky, every time more.... The regulations are becoming annoying...
Check the officila site https://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/LANG_EN/cias_empresas/trabajos/rpas/default.aspx
In the case of Canary Islands, you need to be special careful, because almost all Island have CTR or National Parks, in this places "legaly" you cannot fly a drone. Do it at your own risk if you want.

Check the link I pasted before.
2018-4-7
Use props
chiplifter
Captain
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Sri Lanka

Be very careful. This guy was fined € 6.000,-
2018-4-8
Use props
Marian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 340597 ft

Hi sszaki,

It seems like in Gran Canaria you will be fine just in the west of the island. But even there and as mentioned above, not over crowds, not higher than 120 meters etc. I have been flying in Tenerife and it was just fine in those areas. The usual, use common sense.

Below is a screenshot of the area you can fly in but you can also check it out directly here

Other than that I am always carrying this paper with me when I fly around so if someone comes around and ask what I am doing I can show it to them.

2018-4-8
Use props
ColomboPilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 552569 ft
Spain

Hi,
Just wondering how it went for you? Any issues flying in those non marked areas and outside national parks?
We just arrived to Canary and planning our trips and flights
Kr.
A.
2018-4-14
Use props
sszaki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106030 ft
Ireland

Hi. I couldn't go to Gran Canaria work related stuff. So I can't help. But after reading things around I wouldn't try flying around any populated areas or popular attractions. It s u cks that cause some ignorants that don't care about safety or privacy of other we need to deal with this kind of stuff.
2018-4-15
Use props
crosswired
Second Officer
Flight distance : 264380 ft
Ireland

For anyone whos planning to fly in Spain, I've found this: https://drones.enaire.es/ it covers whole Spain with all info
2019-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

Flown with drone on Ryan Air loads of times,  put it in your cabin bag and they wont even know you have it.  I also use lipo battery bags as it seems a good practice and Ive seen how an 18650 goes off like a firework when it fails.    You should be more cautious about the airport security check,  they are the only people that will see your drone when its x-rayed.   I've flown from Heathrow and Stansted with no issues at all, I remove my laptop and ipad etc and leave the drone and batteries in the hand luggage bag.
2019-7-12
Use props
djiuser_P0qoiQ9x0BFy
New

United Kingdom

ok thanks for the info
2020-1-19
Use props
allthingsdrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi All, it seems that matters aren't too clear on this and as I WAS planning to take my drone to shoot recreationally in La Gomera in the Canaries, I got in touch with as many agencies as I could including airport security, the airline, UAV Systems International and the State Agency for Aerial Security, including DJI themselves and this is all the information that with 3 days before my flight, convinced me NOT to take it and risk a fine, due to the idiots that chose not to follow these rules. I hope that it answers your questions.
With regard to transport....
Drone batteries must be detached from aircraft. Terminals taped over to prevent accidental shorts wrapped in individual zip-locks and carried in a LiPo fire-proof bag in your carry on. Most airport security ask you to remove any electrical items for better scrutiny, as the X-Ray machine will identify the circuits within the drone.

If the battery is considered a SMALL variety ie. less than 100WH, then DJI state that you can take up to 20. Airline rules state 2 batteries per passenger when packed as stated above.

For operating your aircraft within the Canary Islands....
You are required to complete an Operator Registration which is free. Initially, you complete a form, get approval in your email, then go back to complete the rest of the form. However, there's the matter of downloading some digital certificate software so that you can sign it.
I apologise for the unformatted text as I had to use Google Translate.

Good Luck!!

REGISTRATION GUIDE AS A UAS OPERATORVersion 2 (02-16-2021)With the entry into application of the Commission's Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/947 on 31December 2020, all operators 1 that intend to develop activities, both recreational(including model aircraft) as professionals, they must be previously registered as an operatorof UAS when using any of the following types of UAS:- UAS of more than 250g of MTOM, or that, in the event of a collision, can transfer a human beingkinetic energy greater than 80 joules;- UAS equipped with a sensor capable of capturing personal data (eg a camera), unless it isin accordance with Directive 2009/48 / EC (“Toys Directive”).A UAS operator is any natural or legal person who uses or intends to use one or moreUAS, for both professional and recreational purposes (including modellers). Therefore, onlyThose people who have been hired as remote pilots or who flyfor another person or entity, in which case the one who must register is the drone operating organization.The registration must be carried out in the Member State of residence if they are natural persons or in which they have theirmain activity center if they are legal persons, not being possible to be registered in more than one Stateat once.Obtaining a UAS operator number (registration as a UAS operator) is also mandatory forthe operators authorized based on Law 18/2014 and Royal Decree 1036/2017 (except activities NOEASA).Registration as a UAS operator in AESA is free and is carried out through its electronic headquarters as indicateddetailed below.→ The operator is recommended to use a digital certificate to carry out the procedures, since thisIn this way, the process will be automatic and immediate. You can easily obtain your certificate by visitingthe following link:
https://www.sede.fnmt.gob.es/inicio
1 Except for NO EASA activities. "Non-EASA activities or services" are those excluded from the scope of applicationof Regulation (EU) 2018/1139 of the European Parliament and of the Council, article 2.3, letter a), among which areactivities or services by military, customs, police, search and rescue, fire fighting, controlborder, coastal surveillance or similar, under the control and responsibility of a Member State, undertaken in thegeneral interest by or on behalf of a body vested with public authority.
Page 2
G-DUAS-OPR-RG01_v2PUBLIC DOCUMENTMINISTRYOF TRANSPORT, MOBILITYAND URBAN AGENDAPage 2 of 13STATE AGENCYAERIAL SECURITY1. FIRST STEP- USER REGISTRATIONTo register the user, we click on the following link:
https: //sede.seguridadaerea. gob.es/SEDE_AESA/LANG_CASTELLANO/TRAMITACIONES/UAS/default.htm
we click on:Application accesssubsequently:UAS application accessHere are two options:A. REGISTRATION WITH DIGITAL CERTIFICATE (Certificate of digital signature or DNI-e, does not admit PIN or passwordpermanent )→ If you register a user with a digital certificate, you will not receive a confirmation e-mail (there is anote at the end indicating that the process has been carried out correctly) and you can now proceed to performthe second step .
https://sede.seguridadaerea.gob.es/AESA_UAS/InicioFirmaUsuario.aspx
B. REGISTRATION WITHOUT DIGITAL CERTIFICATE
Page 3
G-DUAS-OPR-RG01_v2PUBLIC DOCUMENTMINISTRYOF TRANSPORT, MOBILITYAND URBAN AGENDAPage 3 of 13STATE AGENCYAERIAL SECURITY
https://sede.seguridadaerea.gob.es/AESA_UAS/AltaNormal.aspx
We enter all our data and make sure that no required fields are empty.In the case of natural persons, a password is also required to be able to access without a digital certificate.We click on:If you have an issue, try using these solutions:- Internet Explorer- Latest version of Java on your PC:
https://www.java.com/es/
- Install Self- Signature:-
http://afirma.aviacion.fomento.es/MiniApplet/Manual%20de%20uso%20de%20la%20firma%20ele
ctronica.pdf
- Have your digital certificate correctly installed in the certificate store of your PC andconfigure your browser:
https://www.sede.fnmt.gob.es/preguntas-frecuentes/exp-imp-y-elim-de-
certificates
If you have problems / errors complying with this, please contact the following address:
cau.aesa@seguridadaerea.es
You can refer to the application's user guide for more information:
https://sede.seguridadaerea.gob.es/AESA_UAS/Manual/Guia%20de%20usuario.pdf
→ If you register a user without a digital certificate (only for individuals), you must wait for theconfirmation by email (acceptance or rejection)Remember to attach only documentation in PDF format and your identity document on both sides.• If accepted, you can continue with the second step.• In case of being rejected, the data or documentation that is notcorrect and you have to register again in the system.
Page 4
G-DUAS-OPR-RG01_v2PUBLIC DOCUMENTMINISTRYOF TRANSPORT, MOBILITYAND URBAN AGENDAPage 4 of 13STATE AGENCYAERIAL SECURITY2. SECOND STEP - REGISTRATION AS A UAS OPERATOROnce the user has been registered in the system, we proceed to register as a UAS operator.To access the operator registration application we click on the following link:A. ACCESS WITH DIGITAL CERTIFICATE
https://sede.seguridadaerea.gob.es/AESA_UAS/iniciofirma.aspx
Once we access we click on new record:Read all the information and continue with the registration as indicated on the pageWe click on:We are presented with the following option:
Page 5
G-DUAS-OPR-RG01_v2PUBLIC DOCUMENTMINISTRYOF TRANSPORT, MOBILITYAND URBAN AGENDAPage 5 of 13STATE AGENCYAERIAL SECURITYWe mark the options that are presented to us (mandatory electronic notification in case of peoplelegal, insurance when necessary, adequate training of all operator personnel anddata protection and click on:And to finish we click on:We select access with auto signature to signAnd we click sign.
Page 6
G-DUAS-OPR-RG01_v2PUBLIC DOCUMENTMINISTRYOF TRANSPORT, MOBILITYAND URBAN AGENDAPage 6 of 13STATE AGENCYAERIAL SECURITYOn the next screen, it indicates that the procedure is correct and we can download both the receiptof the registry as the corresponding UAS operator certificate .Sample proof of registration
Page 7
G-DUAS-OPR-RG01_v2PUBLIC DOCUMENTMINISTRYOF TRANSPORT, MOBILITYAND URBAN AGENDAPage 7 of 13STATE AGENCYAERIAL SECURITY
Page 8
G-DUAS-OPR-RG01_v2PUBLIC DOCUMENTMINISTRYOF TRANSPORT, MOBILITYAND URBAN AGENDAPage 8 of 13STATE AGENCYAERIAL SECURITYUAS operator certificate modelB. ACCESS WITHOUT DIGITAL CERTIFICATE
https://sede.seguridadaerea.gob.es/AESA_UAS/inicio.aspx
In case of access without a digital certificate, you will not be able to sign, generate and download the UAS certificate in adirect.You have to download the proof of presentation in registry , sign it manually and present it at:a) Any registration assistance office. You can find a search engine for theseoffices in:
https://administracion.gob.es/pagFront/atencionCiudadana/oficinas/encuentraOficina.htm#.Y
CuVhWhKi71
b) In diplomatic representations or consular offices of Spain abroad:
https://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT.internet/Inicio/Ayuda/Certificado_electronico/Como_o
btener_un_electronic_certificate / Registry_Offices / Consular_Offices_of_Espana_in_
el_tranjero_.shtml
c) In the AESA face-to-face register, located ataseo de la Castellana, 11228046 MadridKeep in mind that until you print, sign and submit your documentation by any of these means,This will lack any legal validity, not being registered as a UAS operator until then.
Page 9
G-DUAS-OPR-RG01_v2PUBLIC DOCUMENTMINISTRYOF TRANSPORT, MOBILITYAND URBAN AGENDAPage 9 of 13STATE AGENCYAERIAL SECURITYOnce submitted to the registry and reviewed by AESA, you will receive an email indicating that you accessthe application, where you can check your operator number and you can download the signed receipt and theoperator certificate in your profile. Remember that the registration will only be valid if the status in headquarters is “RevisedAgree ”or“ Submitted ”.We remind you that until you have an operator number assigned in your profile and can downloadthe signed receipt and the operator's certificate in your profile cannot carry out air operations.In case of being rejected, you will be informed by resolution and you will have to repeat this step 2 again.Today there is no list of operators published by AESA.3. THIRD STEP- KNOW THE OPERATING RULES, REQUIRED TRAINING ANDLIMITATIONS ACCORDING TO THE PLACE OF OPERATION (ZONING)Once the operator number has been obtained, it must appear in each of the UAS.You must familiarize yourself with the general operating rules and determine in which category your flights fall:
https://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/es/ambitos/drones/operaciones-con-uas-drones
In addition to the general rules of drone operation, there are limitations to the flight of drones in certainplaces motivated by different reasons: proximity of airfields, military zones, protection ofcritical infrastructure, environmental protection, etc. More information here:
https://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/es/ambitos/drones/operaciones-uas-drones/vuelos-con-uas-drones-
zoning
You have all the information related to the drone flight on the AESA website:
https://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/es/ambitos/drones
Depending on the type of operations you carry out, you must undergo some type of training:
https://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/es/ambitos/drones/formacion-de-pilotos-a-distancia-de-uas-drones
Any questions regarding UAS pilot training, please send your query to the Mailboxof UAS Training at the following address:formaciondrones.aesa@seguridadaerea.esAny other type of question can be formulated through the AESA website or the Mailbox ofDrones in the email:drones.aesa@seguridadaerea.es4. FOURTH STEP- CARRY OUT PROCEDURES TO CARRY OUT CATEGORY OPERATIONSSPECIFIC.Once you have registered as an operator, if you want to operate in a specific category, you must access theapplication and add the UAS that your operator has. It is possible to make changes to the dataadministrative registration, STS statements, request authorizations and LUC.Make sure to include the model and data of your operator's UAS well. We remind you that todaythere is no UAS model with class marking.
Page 10
G-DUAS-OPR-RG01_v2PUBLIC DOCUMENTMINISTRYOF TRANSPORT, MOBILITYAND URBAN AGENDAPage 10 of 13STATE AGENCYAERIAL SECURITYWhen including your aircraft in the application, you must access the application and in the part of the Menu choosethe tab corresponding to " Aircraft ":Once inside the aircraft tab, click on the button called " New Aircraft ":A form will appear to register the data of your aircraft, in the " class " section you mustselect the option N / A (since there is no aircraft with class marking to date), andThen, indicate the manufacturer, from the list that will appear in the manufacturer section, and the modelcorresponding on the aircraft. The other technical data will be loaded automatically. Remember to checkthe camera options or if you are going to use the aircraft for LCI / SAR operations in the case required beforesave your aircraft.
Page 11
G-DUAS-OPR-RG01_v2PUBLIC DOCUMENTMINISTRYOF TRANSPORT, MOBILITYAND URBAN AGENDAPage 11 of 13STATE AGENCYAERIAL SECURITYOnce you have entered your aircraft data, click on the button called "Save". Mustcarry out this process as many times as aircraft wish to enter in their application profile.Once an aircraft has been created, you can delete or modify it by accessing the Aircraft section in thesection called “Action” by means of the corresponding trash and pencil icons respectively, such asand as shown in the attached figure:
Page 12
G-DUAS-OPR-RG01_v2PUBLIC DOCUMENTMINISTRYOF TRANSPORT, MOBILITYAND URBAN AGENDAPage 12 of 13STATE AGENCYAERIAL SECURITYIf they have selected the manufacturer, but their model is not available, they can use thepencil tool (it is framed in the attached figure), which is available in the application, to enter boththe model name as its technical data.For the introduction of self-manufactured aircraft, they must follow the same previous scheme, only that,When storing your aircraft, in the class section the option N / A will be selected, in the manufacturer option,select the option of own manufacture and write both the model name and the technical data ofyour aircraft.We remind you that when identifying the technical data of your aircraft, remember to view the noteattached, which shows you how to insert figures and units:
Page 13
G-DUAS-OPR-RG01_v2PUBLIC DOCUMENTMINISTRYOF TRANSPORT, MOBILITYAND URBAN AGENDAPage 13 of 13STATE AGENCYAERIAL SECURITYAs for the serial numbers of the aircraft, these are numbers that identify our drones ofunequivocally, it is a unique number, which allows it to be differentiated from all models and drones on the market.Manufacturers typically code each aircraft model with a unique number. If the manufacturer does notprovide you with this number or if your aircraft is self-made you can choose the encoding you want,but you must bear in mind that you must identify each aircraft with a unique number.If your aircraft is commercial and the manufacturer of your aircraft and model do not appear in the dropdownsManufacturer and model, please let us know, following the procedure published on the web in theDesign and production of UAS / Drones section.
https://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/es/ambitos/drones/requisitos-de-uas-drones/diseno-y-produccion-
de-uas-drones
The equipment manufacturer is the one who must provide you with the technical data of the aircraft (MTOM, wingspan,speed, etc.).The fact of saving the aircraft in the application does not imply their official registration. To operate in categoryspecific it is necessary to load and select them to present an operational declaration or a requestauthorization.
Google Translate
Original text
Contribute a better translation
Safe Site Security Information:
Category:
Threat: