Spain

nice !!
2018-4-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Awesome, just followed your instructions, worked perfectly !
2018-4-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha 007,

Do you know if Litchi can be installed from an existing Litchi account?  This method requires that you buy a new copy.  My Litchi copy says I can install it on other Android devices but the CrystalSky device was not properly recognized by Litchi.

Mahalo in advance for any help on this!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-7
Use props
rexster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2740 ft
United States

Sadly, it won't connect to the aircraft using the P4P+ controller. I've tried force stopping the DJI app with no success. Any hints?
2018-4-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-7 17:32
Aloha 007,

Do you know if Litchi can be installed from an existing Litchi account?  This method requires that you buy a new copy.  My Litchi copy says I can install it on other Android devices but the CrystalSky device was not properly recognized by Litchi.

I think there might be a workaround you might have to search google, it’s a bit rough of Litchi to want to charge existing customers again, the world we live in.
Good luck.
2018-4-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rexster@nwcable.net Posted at 2018-4-7 18:04
Sadly, it won't connect to the aircraft using the P4P+ controller. I've tried force stopping the DJI app with no success. Any hints?

I would try contacting Litchi on their website of Facebook page , or maybe dji, as I don’t own a P4Pro + I really couldn’t tell you.
2018-4-8
Use props
goldrock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2303451 ft
  • >>>
Australia

thank god for amazon as dji are no help at all.
2018-4-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-8 00:41
I think there might be a workaround you might have to search google, it’s a bit rough of Litchi to want to charge existing customers again, the world we live in.
Good luck.

Aloha 007,

Mahalo for the help!  I really should try again.  Right now I am trying to get a Mavic Air w/ DJI Goggles.  Should be here by Wednesday.  Does your Air do Litchi?  

Oh, and I am finally breaking down and buying a Osmo Mobile but they only sell the Mobile 2 now in my part of the world.  I hope my jumpy phone videos will be a thing of the past.  There is not a pole always available to lean against!

I hope you are doing well!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-8 03:49
Aloha 007,

Mahalo for the help!  I really should try again.  Right now I am trying to get a Mavic Air w/ DJI Goggles.  Should be here by Wednesday.  Does your Air do Litchi?  

No litchi for Mavic Air yet, dji still haven’t released SDK yet but I think it will come, MavAir is a really good piece of kit really well capable, with really good camera, very quick to get up in the air.
Osmo mobile everyone should have one very stable footage, you will have plenty to keep you busy enjoy.
2018-4-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

goldrock Posted at 2018-4-8 03:21
thank god for amazon as dji are no help at all.

I think there may have been some collaboration between both parties.
2018-4-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-8 04:33
No litchi for Mavic Air yet, dji still haven’t released SDK yet but I think it will come, MavAir is a really good piece of kit really well capable, with really good camera, very quick to get up in the air.
Osmo mobile everyone should have one very stable footage, you will have plenty to keep you busy enjoy.

Aloha 007,

Mahalo for the information!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-8
Use props
goldrock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2303451 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-8 04:34
I think there may have been some collaboration between both parties.

yeah between amazon and litchi. DJI wouldnt help anyone but themselves. DJI remind me of nokia. Hope they dont suffer the same fate.
2018-4-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

goldrock Posted at 2018-4-8 05:41
yeah between amazon and litchi. DJI wouldnt help anyone but themselves. DJI remind me of nokia. Hope they dont suffer the same fate.

You’ve obviously had a bad experience might not be the same for everyone hope you get it sorted.
2018-4-8
Use props
rexster
lvl.3
United States

I found a working solution on the Facebook Litchi group this morning. I got Litchi working but haven't flown on it yet due to the weather here. It's convoluted but I know it will work.
Download the Amazon Appstore using the builtin browser on the R/C. When that's done, buy Litchi on the Appstore and install. (yes, even though you may have Litchi from Google, you have to purchase it again)
You'll need a regular USB cable long enough to reach both USB ports on the controller for the next step.
Now go through the system settings and force stop every DJI app on the "Apps Running" screen. Once done, plug in both ends of the USB cable into the R/C. You should get a popup screen asking you which app you want to open, either DJI GO4 or Litchi. In my case, I choose just once, then tap Litchi. The Litchi screen should open up and then turn on the aircraft. If everything's done correctly, the aircraft should connect. You'll have to go into the LItchi settings just like using DJI Go for the first time, and you may or may not get a popup screen to register the aircraft using your DJI logon credentials
2018-4-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rexster@nwcable.net Posted at 2018-4-8 12:06
I found a working solution on the Facebook Litchi group this morning. I got Litchi working but haven't flown on it yet due to the weather here. It's convoluted but I know it will work.
Download the Amazon Appstore using the builtin browser on the R/C. When that's done, buy Litchi on the Appstore and install. (yes, even though you may have Litchi from Google, you have to purchase it again)
You'll need a regular USB cable long enough to reach both USB ports on the controller for the next step.

Good job hope it works for you.
2018-4-8
Use props
rexster
lvl.3
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-7 17:32
Aloha 007,

Do you know if Litchi can be installed from an existing Litchi account?  This method requires that you buy a new copy.  My Litchi copy says I can install it on other Android devices but the CrystalSky device was not properly recognized by Litchi.

No, you have to install it from the Amazon Appstore. That means another purchase. Depends how much you want Litchi on your Crystal Sky. I think Amazon purchase gets around from requiring Google Services on the controller. It will use another mapping database instead of Google maps
2018-4-8
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

rexster@nwcable.net Posted at 2018-4-8 12:18
No, you have to install it from the Amazon Appstore. That means another purchase. Depends how much you want Litchi on your Crystal Sky. I think Amazon purchase gets around from requiring Google Services on the controller. It will use another mapping database instead of Google maps

Aloha rexster,

Back months ago when the CrystalSky firmware came out that allowed 20 "Third Party" apps, I was able to install Litchi if I bought it new.  I declined since I already had my copy.  I forget how it worked but, I was, and am, just too cheap for that kind of marketing.  The method did not involve Amazon, so there is another way but you still have to buy it new.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules