Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
USB sockets on my drone - noob
854 11 2018-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smirnoff9969
First Officer
Flight distance : 582776 ft
Croatia

Hello evrybody,
as a new owner of Phantom 3 standard,  I have a question,
on drone`s body is a USB socket - what`s it for?

and on a camera aswell one USB socket - what`s it for?

more, what range can I have with standard antenna on my remote? I don`t need extreme distance flight, just to be sure what to expect!

thanks in advance and greetings from Croatia
2018-4-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on your new drone.
I would advise reading the manual to start with.
USB on the drone will enable you to connect it to a computer and use DJI Assistant 2 and import files directly from the SD card whilst in the drone etc.
As for range, I believe the P3S in a CE area is up to 1KM.
2018-4-7
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The micro USB port on the drone can be used to access the flight data stored on the Phantom's internal memory card.

The micro USB port on the camera can be used to transfer photos/videos/files to and from the  removable memory card. You could also remove that memory card and insert it into a memory card reader in your computer.
2018-4-7
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

In CE the P3S can reach 500 meters in distance by 100 meters altitude without any interference or obstacles and FCC 1 km in the same condition.
The body´s USP socket is for reading the flight logs  and on Cam for downloading the photo and video feed from the cam.
2018-4-7
Use props
smirnoff9969
First Officer
Croatia

great! thank you guys for helping!!
todaj I`m gonna have my first flight, it`s sunny, very little wind, great visibilty
I`ve seen many tutorials on YT, so I think  I more than ready!!!
2018-4-8
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Peterx Posted at 2018-4-7 14:17
In CE the P3S can reach 500 meters in distance by 100 meters altitude without any interference or obstacles and FCC 1 km in the same condition.
The body´s USP socket is for reading the flight logs  and on Cam for downloading the photo and video feed from the cam.

??

CE only restricts power level of transmission and does not set any distance or range or altitude.

CE or FCC gives same altitude at 500m max  ....

CE Range is dependent on location and other RF / WiFi in the area ....

With stock out of box CE :
1. In residential areas - I averaged about 200 - 500m
2. In rural farm open areas - I averaged up to about 1000m

With parabolic reflector and still CE power level:
1. up to about 700m
2. up to about 1500m

and so on ... until with serious modifications I was averaging 5000m range.

Nigel
2018-4-8
Use props
smirnoff9969
First Officer
Croatia

today was first flight (add video later), but is there a list od micro SD card supported by DJ I??
tried with Kingston 16GB class 10, but got message "card not supperted".  samsung 32GB Evo works fine...
2018-4-8
Use props
Peterx
Captain

solentlife Posted at 2018-4-8 02:41
??

CE only restricts power level of transmission and does not set any distance or range or altitude.

That´s spec of the P3S only. If you got more distance then it´s fully ok.
My bird did it nearly to 400m without RTH but i did´nt see the bird clearly,so i did return manually.
2018-4-8
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

Peterx Posted at 2018-4-8 23:22
That´s spec of the P3S only. If you got more distance then it´s fully ok.
My bird did it nearly to 400m without RTH but i did´nt see the bird clearly,so i did return manually.

Its your posting :

''In CE the P3S can reach 500 meters in distance by 100 meters altitude.....''

that is basis of my post in reply to yours ...

There is NO reduced to 100m altitude for CE against FCC ...

Second : The thread is started byu a guy asking about a P3 Standard - so why the : ''That´s spec of the P3S only'' ??

The P3S out of box will fly as far as range connection will work - it has no specific limitation when out of beginner mode .. and will fly to 500m altitude.

Sorry Peterx - dunno where you got your info from ... except that DJI say this is expected range ...
2018-4-9
Use props
Peterx
Captain

On P3S specification site  But i can wrong if the P3S has more range in stock then i agree with you.
2018-4-9
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

Peterx ....

The manual and specs indicate what designed range is - and that is always dependent on local RF / WiFi activity. You can get less ... you can get more.

As to the 120m altitude limit - that is a limit imposed OVER the take-off point ... check out not only Std but also Pro for example manuals ....

They both say ''Software altitude limit : 120m above take-off point.''

I had regularly taken my P3S in stock and modified form well above 120m as demo's to other prospective / actual owners. In fact when my P3S hit 496m - it hit the height barrier ... but it was 135m range out from Take-off area to comply with the 20m radius it has in software for Take-Off point reference.

Nigel
2018-4-9
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75079 ft

United States

The standard antane , i get about 2000 feet with all the wifi signals in the city. I installed the ARGEK range extender and got a bit more distance. It all depends on your location.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules