Offline maps and flight restrictions for certain areas
859 5 2018-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
14jnewmy14
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452835 ft

Ok so this is a two part question. I've been searching the forum and can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. Hopefully you all can help.
1) On my maps on the DJI Go 4 app or even DJI Go, I can't get the satellite overlay to work, I click the option when I bring up the layers selection, but al it ever lets me do is the standard map with streets. I've had it before but it doesn't want to let me do it anymore. Does this have to do with offline maps? I can't seem to find the option to download offline maps anymore so I'm guessing when I'm out flying and don't have network connection, no maps? How do I download offline maps now with the revisions they have made?
2) What is a good websiteor app or service you all use to see restricted flight areas? I'm going on a trip to Maui and want to make sure I'm good to go and be able to plan ahead of time. I know the standard rules, no airports,national parks and things of that nature, but every area has it's specific places you can't fly. Any tips would be greatly appreciated
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Regarding the satellite map, it does not relate to the offline map but your internet connection. So please ensure that the network is available. If the network works fine, please tell me the mobile device you are using, the DJI GO 4 app version and some screenshots for reference.
For caching the map, connect your mobile device to internet WiFi, launch DJI GO 4, navigate to where you're going to fly, then when the location names show, you can shut down the internet and go back to the map interface to check whether the cache is finished.
To check the No Fly Zone, you can visit: https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=footer
2018-4-7
Use props
14jnewmy14
lvl.3

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-7 18:56
Regarding the satellite map, it does not relate to the offline map but your internet connection. So please ensure that the network is available. If the network works fine, please tell me the mobile device you are using, the DJI GO 4 app version and some screenshots for reference.
For caching the map, connect your mobile device to internet WiFi, launch DJI GO 4, navigate to where you're going to fly, then when the location names show, you can shut down the internet and go back to the map interface to check whether the cache is finished.
To check the No Fly Zone, you can visit: https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=footer

I'm using the P4P+ and Movic Pro with a Ipad usually. So I guess I wouldn't have a network connection unless I was connected to some sort of wifi? Or is there another way to do it?
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

14jnewmy14 Posted at 2018-4-8 09:06
I'm using the P4P+ and Movic Pro with a Ipad usually. So I guess I wouldn't have a network connection unless I was connected to some sort of wifi? Or is there another way to do it?

For your iPad, you can connect to WiFi when there it is available. For iOS devices, select a map (Standard/Satellite/Hybrid), enable "Cache Map in the Background", navigate the map to the destination you would go, when the names show, the cache finished. You can shut down the internet and check the map again.
For your Phantom 4 Pro+, update the RC to the latest version, then click the offline map icon, provide me with the screenshot when clicking on it. I would like to confirm first.
2018-4-8
Use props
14jnewmy14
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-8 23:11
For your iPad, you can connect to WiFi when there it is available. For iOS devices, select a map (Standard/Satellite/Hybrid), enable "Cache Map in the Background", navigate the map to the destination you would go, when the names show, the cache finished. You can shut down the internet and check the map again.
For your Phantom 4 Pro+, update the RC to the latest version, then click the offline map icon, provide me with the screenshot when clicking on it. I would like to confirm first.

Ok it is updated to the latest firmware, what does the offline map icon look like? Where do I find this option? If you have a screenshot of this that would be helpful, because I'm not seeing anything that looks like it would be a map download. Another question, how do you do a screenshot on P4P+ controller, should I just take a picture of the screen with my phone or can I actually screenshot it on device?
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

14jnewmy14 Posted at 2018-4-9 09:40
Ok it is updated to the latest firmware, what does the offline map icon look like? Where do I find this option? If you have a screenshot of this that would be helpful, because I'm not seeing anything that looks like it would be a map download. Another question, how do you do a screenshot on P4P+ controller, should I just take a picture of the screen with my phone or can I actually screenshot it on device?

You can find the cache map option in general settings. For the screenshot on P4P+ RC, please swipe the screen down and tap "Capture". See the screenshots below. cache.png
p4p  rc.png
2018-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules