Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Controller Left Stick Problem
5206 17 2018-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mgl
lvl.1
Turkey

Hello Everybody,

All of the sudden just at the very beginning of my second flight, Mavic Air Controller Left Stick started respond differently. Usually when I push it forward or backward, the stick comes automatically to its original position when no push is applied on it. So it should come back and center itself. But this is not happening anymore.

When I push it forward or backward it stays in that forward position when I stop pushing. Meaning aircraft continues its movement. The stich should be then centered manually if I want to keep the position.

Left/rigfht movement of left stick and all 4 directions movement of right stick is normal as it is. They all come back to their original positions when no force has been applied. Problem only with forward/back movement of left stick.

Any ideas to solve is highly appreciated. Might be hardware or just an optional mode which I changed by a shortcut without noticing it? Thanks for your help.

PS: Calibration works and done. Sync is done.

Thanks,

MGL

2018-4-7
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

Broken spring or spring mount behind the stick.  
2018-4-7
Use props
mgl
lvl.1
Turkey

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-4-7 22:51
Broken spring or spring mount behind the stick.

Thanks, Could it be happen without any impact?
I think repair could be done in local service or is it something that the users could also repair?
2018-4-7
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

Worth a look inside if you are out of warranty.  Maybe the spring has just popped off its mount or was put on wrong and became detached.  
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, just to verify, does it happen the RC is not power on? Could you please provide me with a short video of this case and your drone's serial number to me?
Thanks in advance.
2018-4-8
Use props
mgl
lvl.1
Turkey

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-4-8 05:41
Worth a look inside if you are out of warranty.  Maybe the spring has just popped off its mount or was put on wrong and became detached.

You’re right. But this is my first drone and have no experience with RCs before. So I’d rather keep it for tech guys
2018-4-9
Use props
mgl
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-8 22:12
Hi there, just to verify, does it happen the RC is not power on? Could you please provide me with a short video of this case and your drone's serial number to me?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply. This happens always bot RC is on/off. I had even a flight when the stick was ike that. Controlling was not easy though. https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... vg/view?usp=sharing is the video which explains better
2018-4-9
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Definitely a broken spring.
2018-4-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

This is a clear warranty case and should be sent in for repair or replacement: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-4-9
Use props
mgl
lvl.1
Turkey

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-9 11:39
This is a clear warranty case and should be sent in for repair or replacement: https://www.dji.com/support

Thank you. I sent them a message. The thing is; I shipped Mavic Air to U.S. and brought it to Turkey and using it in Turkey. Now technical service in Turkey says, it is not under their guaranty since I didn’t purchase it from their store. And similar has been confirmed by DJI Online support since they don’t have a global guarantee agreement. Now I am giving another try. Let’s see..
2018-4-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

mgl Posted at 2018-4-9 12:26
Thank you. I sent them a message. The thing is; I shipped Mavic Air to U.S. and brought it to Turkey and using it in Turkey. Now technical service in Turkey says, it is not under their guaranty since I didn’t purchase it from their store. And similar has been confirmed by DJI Online support since they don’t have a global guarantee agreement. Now I am giving another try. Let’s see..

Yes, that is a matter of fact. The warranty is in the country of purchase, good luck!
2018-4-9
Use props
mgl
lvl.1
Turkey

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-9 12:29
Yes, that is a matter of fact. The warranty is in the country of purchase, good luck!

Thank you!
2018-4-9
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, if there is an 'upside,' you're now forced to learn how to fly using your phone/tablet virtual joysticks (wink) and you'll become really proficient at hand gestures!
Bummer.  
Let us know how everything turns out.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mgl Posted at 2018-4-9 10:35
Thanks for your reply. This happens always bot RC is on/off. I had even a flight when the stick was ike that. Controlling was not easy though. Herehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... vg/view?usp=sharing is the video which explains better

Did anything happen before this case? You can try to refresh the RC firmware. If it doesn't work, you might need to send the RC in for repair. However, since you mentioned the drone was purchased from the US, you might not be able to apply warranty in Turkey, you need to pay the repair fee. https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2018-4-10
Use props
mgl
lvl.1
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-4-9 14:09
Well, if there is an 'upside,' you're now forced to learn how to fly using your phone/tablet virtual joysticks (wink) and you'll become really proficient at hand gestures!
Bummer.  
Let us know how everything turns out.

You're definitely right. This would be the bright side. I'll let forum know about the result.
2018-4-11
Use props
mgl
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-10 23:10
Did anything happen before this case? You can try to refresh the RC firmware. If it doesn't work, you might need to send the RC in for repair. However, since you mentioned the drone was purchased from the US, you might not be able to apply warranty in Turkey, you need to pay the repair fee. https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

Nothing actually. I tried bring the RC back to the factory setting using Assistant 2 as per the advice of online help but it was not possible. I received the error " Restoring is not possible"

As of today I sent the video of the problem by e-mail this time to customer support and now awaiting their official reply. Thereafter I'll see.
2018-4-11
Use props
mgl
lvl.1
United States

After some more discussion with customer support, it became clear that this is 100% out of warranty unless I provide a pick-up address in U.S. So, I went to technical service in Turkey and get it repaired for 100 $. So, lessons learned Thanks for all your inputs.

2018-5-14
Use props
djiuser_WoaJN8cWpE1B
New
Flight distance : 43127 ft

Hungary

What is the problem?After updating,controller stick  problem!the AIR turns away!I calibrated remote,but it did not help! I can not paste a photo or photo
2018-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules