Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New battery life expectancy
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse4910787
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15673 ft
United States

Looking for an answer hopefully from a tech.  I have a brand new Inspire 1 v2 battery that has been in a factory storage charge and I want to know how long the battery will be good in this state. What’s the life expectancy?
2018-4-8
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m not a “tech” but I can tell you, any lipo battery will maintain current voltage indefinitely, I have a few that still have 95% voltage after sitting for 3 years.. djis smart batteries are a different story,I’ve read stories about them not taking a charge after being stored several months. A new in box battery should be ok for at least a year? Anybody else want to chime in?
2018-4-8
Use props
fanse4910787
lvl.1
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-4-8 03:58
I’m not a “tech” but I can tell you, any lipo battery will maintain current voltage indefinitely, I have a few that still have 95% voltage after sitting for 3 years.. djis smart batteries are a different story,I’ve read stories about them not taking a charge after being stored several months. A new in box battery should be ok for at least a year? Anybody else want to chime in?

I’m hoping because it’s new that DJI storage charge would be the most optimal for a battery. They’re the experts right? What if a retailer has an Inspire sitting on shelf for a year or more.

Having built many quads and fpv racers over the years I can say that I’ve had non DJI lipos last a long time in storage and maintain capacity and punch.
2018-4-8
Use props
Highasakite
First Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

https://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads fanse4910787, You need to read the DJI official Instructions. There is a FULL description on Proper battery storage and maintenance. Follow them religiously, and your batteries will last a long time! But if you just bought it, you better charge it to make sure it does even charge. If it charges, now you are in the game, follow the battery instructions from there on. Do not fully charge and then let it just sit there. Do not fully discharge the battery and just let it sit there. Read the instructions and follow them! I check mine every month in the winter, between75% and 50% if they start dropping off I charge them Back to 75%. Safety First! Ken.
2018-4-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I leave mine at 40% and check them monthly
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Intelligent battery could be used for a long time as long as you maintain it carefully, currently, the warranty period is 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times, if you encounter any problem during this period, please contact our support team any time.
Here is the manual of how to maintain intelligent battery: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/i ... _Guidelines_1.4.pdf
2018-4-9
Use props
fanse4910787
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-9 01:35
Intelligent battery could be used for a long time as long as you maintain it carefully, currently, the warranty period is 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times, if you encounter any problem during this period, please contact our support team any time.
Here is the manual of how to maintain intelligent battery: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/en/Inspire_1_Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines_1.4.pdf

Great thank you everyone for the help.
2018-4-9
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

50% storage charge for me and Full charge drained within 48 hours.
My Inspire batteries are nearly 3 years old and still working fine.
2018-4-9
Use props
fanse4910787
lvl.1
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-4-9 15:38

I really appreciate everyone’s responses but none are really answering my question. I’m getting the Inspire 1 v2 in a week and I want to know if the battery is going to be ok since it will have been in a storage charge state for probably months already.
2018-4-9
Use props
fanse4910787
lvl.1
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-4-9 15:38

I really appreciate everyone’s responses but none are really answering my question. I’m getting the Inspire 1 v2 in a week and I want to know if the battery is going to be ok since it will have been in a storage charge state for probably months already.
2018-4-9
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

fanse4910787 Posted at 2018-4-9 16:21

We don't know how old it is, how long it has remained on the shelf, to what level it was charged and packaged and how long it has been since it last saw a charge.

Your question is unanswerable until you actually get the battery in your hand and try it out.
If it is faulty on arrival, log a support call and get it changed over.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules