Where did they hide the IMU calibration on new IOS app??
3307 13 2015-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

This last update has really frosted my arese...
Both rc and Bird show success cia text file the app says otherwise... Man......................

Anyone know where is the IMU calibration on the new pilot app for the life of me I cant find it?? IOS app new version.

1 DJI new app update wipes failsafe setting for return home this is not good and massive liability to the pilot if they forget to set this upon start up each time .. What gives..

2 Overall status shows I need to update Cam air craft Rc and battery's..
However I did update and the files from rc and aircraft showed success .. What gives here too.
Man this is getting tiring as my craft flew great with the last firmware and app..

DJI please advise!

Im reloading the firmware something is up....
Ill report back .
2015-5-7
Use props
woodielb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78061552 ft
United States

Tap the upper right corner, the 4 dots arranged in a square, this pulls up all settings, tabbed vertically on the left. Tap the top tab, looks like a Phantom 2 from above. Scroll down, select "sensors". Scroll down, you'll see the "check IMU" & "calibrate IMU" buttons.
2015-5-7
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IMU calibration is under the sensor section
2015-5-7
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Ty guys I have two tablets android and IOS couldn't find this for the life of me on the apple.
I didn't scroll down far enough..derrrrrrrrrr...

2015-5-7
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

BTW Reloaded the new FW and for some reason it took this time and both bird and Rc updated in just mins so I wonder if it was my card adaptor causing the FW to load improperly..

Well all is good bird calibrated and IMU was checked all looks good now ..
Man I was sheeting bricks there for a few hours...

I knew something was going right when I reformatted the card and reloaded the new software into the bird and it started updating ..Again .Hmmmmmmmmmm
This time everything took...Whew......
Hope this new update holds but the wipe of the return to home altitude every time you open the pilot app just plain blows...was hoping to use the I pad mini more as the map cahe much easier than on the android tablet.

Oh well maybe by next year they'll have this worked out...lol
Last thing I need is to brick this thing before a shoot on may 15th....big sigh of relief and Ty for the heads up where to find the sensors window on the new IOS app.

I never thought to scroll below the travel mode area..why don't they make both apps identical ....ugh...
2015-5-7
Use props
lesmess
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2753402 ft
United Kingdom

The bird remembers the return to home setting , it's nothing to worry about.  Once you connect the controller to the bird you will note the return to home height is visible again.  I have noted also the compass calibration screen only comes up on connection between the controller and bird once you calibrate or clear the screen it is gone.  I have been told only to recalibrate the compass on firmware updates or if you move more than a hundred miles from your normal flying area.  Is this good advice, they state multiple calibrations is more risky as more chance an error could be introduced.  PS I use iOS.
2015-5-7
Use props
woodielb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78061552 ft
United States

Hi Les

That hasn't been my experience since the latest update. Each time I shut down the bird & controller to change battery, when I power back up and reconnect, the RTH altitude is reset to 0. Have you been able to replicate it retaining the setting with the latest firmware.

Just another thing to add to my pre-flight. Actually it's not entirely bad, makes you think about the RTH height. I saw a good piece of advice to set it higher than anything within a mile of you (of course you shouldn't set it over 400')
2015-5-8
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

woodielb@xmissi Posted at 2015-5-8 21:25
Hi Les

That hasn't been my experience since the latest update. Each time I shut down the bird & con ...

Mine too as  it resets to 0 as well on the ios app but not on my android tablet the fields stay the same I set 50 m and it hasn't  changed on the android app but the IOS wont hold this setting.

2015-5-8
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Makes you wonder how much testing of the firmware was undertaken before release.
2015-5-8
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

I tried the RTH running iOS and an iPad Air 2 and upon shutting off the bird or the iPad cleared the RTH box. I tried it in the flight sim and the RTH box was empty. I flew it out to the hills and at a height of 8 to 10 feet off the ground I pushed the RTH button. My UAV went up to 100 feet and flew back and landed without incident. So  the RTH is retaining your input, just not showing them, at least in the flight sim. People are saying under Abdroid use the  box displays its contents, it does not go away. So my guess right now is under iOS the computer on board the bird remembers the height you entered, it just does not display it. I won't know though for sure until I get out and fly it. The winds been terrible here. I am retired and it took a lot of time and going without in orde to buy the Inspire 1. If it crashes because of me, that's one thing. If it crashes because of a glitch that has been identified is another. I want and need to trust the craft. Right now with the new update I do not.  I also called DJI and told them I could not find the IMU setting button. The tech I was talking to said he could not find it. DJI emailed me showing how to get to it within 15 minutes of my call.DJI. Right now I am waiting to fly and watching the board.
2015-5-8
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-9 01:07
Makes you wonder how much testing of the firmware was undertaken before release.

Man scares me a bit as many of us have big bucks wrapped up in this by now.
Ios app  only does this My android tablet and app work perfectly.

They rolled out the FW on a Monday after a heavy drinking weekend I suspect.
2015-5-10
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

lesmess Posted at 2015-5-8 14:50
The bird remembers the return to home setting , it's nothing to worry about.  Once you connect the c ...

TY bud all great info " )
2015-5-10
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2015-5-9 01:37
I tried the RTH running iOS and an iPad Air 2 and upon shutting off the bird or the iPad cleared the ...

Makes a lot of sense Im gonna test this out if weather permits in the next day or so ... TY man
Raining here like its the end of the world so it may be 40 days or so ..
2015-5-10
Use props
lesmess
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2753402 ft
United Kingdom

lesmess Posted at 2015-5-8 14:50
The bird remembers the return to home setting , it's nothing to worry about.  Once you connect the c ...

This how my set-up works I use a Ipad Mini 2, when connected to the bird it reads 50m when disconnected it reads 0.  Never pressed the RTH ever during my time with the Inspire so can't comment on what it does apart from stating it works fine on the simulator.  I always check the RTH value before I fly and after each battery change.  Please do the same and you should be fine.

Les
2015-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules