Samsung S8 won't connect
8432 28 2018-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2u5iJC9utxdj
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I recieved the new mavic air yesterday and after using all 3 batteries downloading apps and gawd knows trying to find some info. I have come to the conclusion that android simply do not work with this kit! I can connect the rc to the ac but the phone does nothing and so 48 hours on im still not even at the point where the rotors turn! I have tried all the ways as directed to sort this problem but to no avail. So if anyone can give me some advice, any advice, ill try again. But at this point im wondering whether its worth all this effort.
Thanks in advance
2018-4-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

What sequence are you using. I use power up Rc, then Ac and once they both have connected i plug on the phone, also have an s8 and it works flawlessly but I'm using the Mavic Pro, should not be any different.
2018-4-8
Use props
djiuser_2u5iJC9utxdj
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just done exactly as you say, nothing on the app just says disconnected!
2018-4-8
Use props
djiuser_2u5iJC9utxdj
lvl.1
United Kingdom

When you choose connection mode, I select wired option, it's gets to the 3rd page where it says connect mobile device and 3rd cable....thats it never been past this point
2018-4-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

djiuser_2u5iJC9utxdj Posted at 2018-4-8 03:49
When you choose connection mode, I select wired option, it's gets to the 3rd page where it says connect mobile device and 3rd cable....thats it never been past this point

be patient, maybe one of the guys that have a Air will pop in just now to advise
2018-4-8
Use props
djiuser_2u5iJC9utxdj
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I give up, it's clearly not a product that works out of the box! When you spend close to a grand you should expect everything to work without having to go through forums Trying to get answers maybe good for marketing but completely useless for customers. Oh well I'll get my money back wasted enough time on this useless bit of plastic....
2018-4-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Before you return it.......Try changing the provided cable that came with the Air and replace it with the S8 phones cable.  
2018-4-8
Use props
djiuser_2u5iJC9utxdj
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks but still no joy, its a complete load of rubbish... how can a company get away with releasing something that DOES NOT WORK??? Not having a go at you, but having spent almost all weekend trying to get this thing to even make a noise never mind fly. I'm afraid enough is enough. There are zero instructions on what to do just a bit of paper giving a quick setup. I've ready so many items on this and other websites this past couple of days with problems of this ilk, yet no where has anyone actually resolved it and especially the one team that can DJI.... they should print it on the boxes that the product does not work with android, so save ya money.
2018-4-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_2u5iJC9utxdj Posted at 2018-4-8 08:19
Thanks but still no joy, its a complete load of rubbish... how can a company get away with releasing something that DOES NOT WORK??? Not having a go at you, but having spent almost all weekend trying to get this thing to even make a noise never mind fly. I'm afraid enough is enough. There are zero instructions on what to do just a bit of paper giving a quick setup. I've ready so many items on this and other websites this past couple of days with problems of this ilk, yet no where has anyone actually resolved it and especially the one team that can DJI.... they should print it on the boxes that the product does not work with android, so save ya money.

Works great on my S5 S6 and S7, (No sim cards and no bluetooth and airplane mode engaged) so next step is to uninstall the DJI Go4 app and reinstall it and again refresh FW using DJI assistant 2 and see if that helps.

I get your frustration, but once you get there it is a fabulous little drone.
2018-4-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

And the next step is to try another phone.... the issue could be the phone. By a process of elimination we'll get there, just be patient(ish)
2018-4-8
Use props
djiuser_2u5iJC9utxdj
lvl.1
United Kingdom

How do you refresh FW with assistant? Looked at that but again no instruction as to what it is or does!
Already deleted and reinstalled the app about 4 times.
2018-4-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

djiuser_2u5iJC9utxdj Posted at 2018-4-8 09:52
How do you refresh FW with assistant? Looked at that but again no instruction as to what it is or does!
Already deleted and reinstalled the app about 4 times.

On your Pc or Mac ensure you have downloaded the latest Dji Assistant 2, then connect your drone up with the usb cable to your Pc. When you see your drone go to firmware and you will see your current AC firmware and any updates if you are not on the latest, if you are on the latest then click refresh firmware and wait but ensure you have a fully charged battery on first. When you deleting your app on your phone go into files and delete the folder Dji has well and then download the App. Hope this helps to get you flying soon
2018-4-8
Use props
djiuser_2u5iJC9utxdj
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Have done the upgrade through assistant, connected the RC to AC redownloaded app all it's said for last 10 to 15 minutes is version check collecting firmware version info? How long does that take it's not done this before.
2018-4-8
Use props
djiuser_2u5iJC9utxdj
lvl.1
United Kingdom

No joy it's really awful probably the worst piece of kit I ever bought, sorry guys no patience left two full days, wasted weekend, for a product that is clearly not fit for purpose and clearly not for android due to the amount of problems not only for me but hundreds more. For those that were lucky enough to get it to work, then enjoy, as for me it's  time to return the toy. Thanks for trying...
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, just to confirm again, the RC and AC are able to connect normally with each other, right? If the mobile device is not able to connect to the RC, please try to change another cable to connect, or reinstall the latest DJI GO 4 app. If it still doesn't help, may I know which mobile device are you using? It may have a compatibility issue if the mobile device doesn't support DJI GO 4.
Or please provide me with a video when you connect the RC, AC and mobile device, I would like to check the details. Thank you.
2018-4-8
Use props
djiuser_2u5iJC9utxdj
lvl.1

DJI THOR
1. the RC and AC connect.
2. Tried both cables USB and the one on the side of RC with your connector cable.
3. Mobile device! The clue is in the title thread. Checked already DJI says it's compatible.
4. Make a video WHY? RC solid green. AC flashing green light. MY PHONE THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S8 shows not connected on the DJI APP.
Have downloaded FW twice. Have reinstalled app erm numerous times. Have given up as it does not work. Never even got the rotors to turn except when they twitch on power up haha it's completely useless it does not work and it's not fit for purpose. Sorry but that's what happens when you release a product conning the general public that it works straight out of the box. Have a good day.
2018-4-8
Use props
fans3c09d2da
New

I have exactly the same problem with S8
2018-6-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans3c09d2da Posted at 2018-6-23 22:21
I have exactly the same problem with S8

Hi, are you having the same problem connecting your S8 with your RC? Are you getting any kind of message on the DJI Go 4 app?
2018-6-24
Use props
djiuser_3lHlFxWnWEfq
New
Poland

Same here S8+ before update everything was okay but now it cannot even connect with app
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_3lHlFxWnWEfq Posted at 2018-8-21 10:47
Same here S8+ before update everything was okay but now it cannot even connect with app

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, what version of the DJI GO 4 app and OS version are you using? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.
2018-8-22
Use props
djiuser_Efd2394bEYDj
New

Hi I am also using a Samsung s8 and am not having any luck connecting my phone to the RC, please can we have a solution as I'm really looking forward to actually using the remote controller to fly rather than my phone!
Thanks
2018-10-18
Use props
djiuser_Efd2394bEYDj
New

Hi I'm also having no luck connecting my Samsung s8 to the RC on the mavic air!? Please can we get a solution?
2018-10-18
Use props
Hephaestus
New

United States

I'm going to reply in this thread because I am not allowed to start a new thread for some reason.  When I try it directs me to the forum rules page where I do not see anything about new members not being able to start new threads.

Anyway, I also have had issues with my S8+ connecting to Go 4 and "crashing."  I put crashing ins quotes because at first I thought it was crashing but I've come to realize that it isn't.

While not in flight mode I've noticed that Go 4 repeatedly and rapidly connects and reconnects but once I'm finally inf light mode it is stable.  This would indicate a software problem, not a hardware issue.

And at first I thought Go 4 was crashing because it would seemingly randomly exit out of the app and go to the home screen.  But I've since realized that, what is actually happening, is that the Samsung Navigation Menu Bar that is on the far left in landscape mode is sliding open and when I think I am pressing the flight mode icon I am actually pressing the home button that has slid up in front of the flight mode button without warning.  Because the Samsung Nav Bar is shadowed and partially transparent by default and the Go 4 app background is almost the same color, it is hard to tell when the Samsung Nav Bar is in front of the Go 4 options.  Is there a way to change this behavior?
2018-11-12
Use props
Steamfunk22405
New
Flight distance : 21175 ft
United States

I'm a total newbie, but here's what I have to do since upgrading my phone to the S8...

I follow the RC, AC, Phone sequence.  When that fails, which is does 98% of the time, I unplug the S8 from the side of the RC, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in.  I also run Litchi on my S8, just as I did with previous Galaxy phones...so instead of opening DJI Go I'll open Litchi and connect that way.  After about 30 seconds, I close Litchi and connect to DJI Go with no problems.  I think having a third-party app connect to the AC causes DJI Go to "wake up."

Granted, I only use DJI Go when I need to update firmware; other than that I enjoy using Litchi with my Mavic Pro!

I hope that helps!
2019-3-26
Use props
SMoody84
New
Flight distance : 131 ft
United States

Steamfunk22405 Posted at 3-26 09:46
I'm a total newbie, but here's what I have to do since upgrading my phone to the S8...

I follow the RC, AC, Phone sequence.  When that fails, which is does 98% of the time, I unplug the S8 from the side of the RC, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in.  I also run Litchi on my S8, just as I did with previous Galaxy phones...so instead of opening DJI Go I'll open Litchi and connect that way.  After about 30 seconds, I close Litchi and connect to DJI Go with no problems.  I think having a third-party app connect to the AC causes DJI Go to "wake up."

I'm assuming the issue with the Samsung Galaxy S8 is still not resolved?  I've e-mailed DJI 3 times already with no luck.  I'm having the same problems.. Controller will connect to AC & I can fly it that way, but no video feed since my phone says disconnected.  I can fly via the phone on wifi mode, but I'm not a fan of the controls.

Anyways, I tried to update the AC and RC via the DJI Assistant 2 on my Surface Pro..  The AC updated with no problem.  The remote didn't connect to my Surface & gave a warning that said there was a power surge on the USB port...  

I bought this as my first drone after flying a few of my friends..  Man, what a poor choice
2019-5-24
Use props
Zarro
New
Flight distance : 89186 ft
Netherlands

Is there any news on the connectivity of S8 and DJI GO 4 app? Because I still cannot connect my S8....
Should I buy a iphone just to use it as a screen ?!
DJI  please if you are apple fanboys say it on the box.
2019-12-9
Use props
edwardBuisan
New
Philippines

I had similar problem, after i updated my latest firmware for both MA2 and the RC, connecting my S8+ is no longer possible, I tried Ipad and an Apple 7 cellphone yet both worked. I guess the update that came with my S8+ (Oct 1, 2020) ruined everything.

But maybe the solution i found would somehow help anybody who suffers same predicament...

There are three cables when I purchased MA2 :
1. Type C to Type C cable
2. Type C to Lightning cable
3. Type C to Microusb

I used a MICROUSB to Type C Connector, thus instead of using the Type C to Type C cable i used the Type C to Microusb.

Type C to Microusb cable + Microusb connector to Type C port, voila! everything works fine again. I hope this would work with other Mavic's or any DJI that utilizes same connector.

Fly safe!

2020-11-14
Use props
edwardBuisan
New
Philippines

Microusb connector

Microusb connector
20201114_194658.jpg
2020-11-14
Use props
fans0fe98be4
New
Australia

Will NOT connect to my Samsung S8. To Mavic Air 2 controller. Shop tried, sent me 100k to Melbourne , they couldn't get it to either . Told me to buy iphone 6 not good enough. I want one that connects to my phone as specs state. Ed
2021-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules