New DJI Mavic Air - existing video on internal storage?
1999 9 2018-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_vkAG4la19p17
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

Just purchased a new DJI Mavic Air Fly More bundle from Amazon (shipped and sold by them) and upon checking the internal storage there's a video recorded, dated 2 weeks prior to purchase date. It's short, about 15 secs, in the boot of a car.

Does this mean that it belonged to someone else who may have returned it, or was it part of some DJI tests and they forgot to delete it?

Thanks!
2018-4-8
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

Post the vid.
2018-4-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I wouldn’t have taught so but might be worth checking with dji.
2018-4-8
Use props
baflyer26
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-8 05:31
I wouldn’t have taught so but might be worth checking with dji.

Thanks - what do you think is the best way to check with them?
2018-4-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

baflyer26 Posted at 2018-4-8 07:11
Thanks - what do you think is the best way to check with them?

Contact support@dji.com I have seen this coming up before on this forum but it was resolved and apparently it was all very innocent, if your aircraft camera was tested in some way then they should be able to explain , I believe if all stickers were in place and appearance is new then you don’t need to worry, I think you should save the video and keep it for proof , support may ask you to see it.
I would fly your aircraft as normal and not worry about it.
2018-4-8
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26106 ft

I would have thought a big give away would be if it said that when first setting up the drone the 12 months warranty starts,as if it didn’t then that would suggest it had previously been set up/activated.
2018-4-8
Use props
baflyer26
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you both - I've just sent DJI an email.

Bigguns, I activated it myself as a new product so that's why I wasn't worried. The S/N also got accepted for DJI Refresh with no problems. However, surely returns that are then re-sold may still act this same way? I am not sure how DJI handles returns.

Overall the drone definitely looked new with all the stickers, etc.. I would just be annoyed if it is a returned product since I was sold it as a 'new' product.
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

baflyer26 Posted at 2018-4-8 14:38
Thank you both - I've just sent DJI an email.

Bigguns, I activated it myself as a new product so that's why I wasn't worried. The S/N also got accepted for DJI Refresh with no problems. However, surely returns that are then re-sold may still act this same way? I am not sure how DJI handles returns.

Could you please provide me with your ticket number? And have you sent them the serial as well? We will help to confirm.
2018-4-8
Use props
baflyer26
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-8 19:32
Could you please provide me with your ticket number? And have you sent them the serial as well? We will help to confirm.

Thanks Thor!

The ticket number is #1074133.

Yep, I have just replied with my s/n and proof of purchase.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

baflyer26 Posted at 2018-4-9 03:30
Thanks Thor!

The ticket number is #1074133.

Thanks for the ticket number, I see our support team has replied the email and explained what may cause the issue, no worries, your drone is just activated, and this issue will also be forwarded to the relative team to learn from this and avoid the issue happening again in the future, hope you enjoy flying.
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules