Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Returning to the fold
547 7 2018-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

.     I have had several different Inspire 1s and moved on to the Inspire 2. While I liked many things about it, it's cost took the fun out of flying it. They say to never put anything in the air that you can't afford to lose. Well, I can't afford to lose $6K! As careful as one can be, there are outside forces that can bring these down. Bird strikes, battery failure, etc.
So, I sold the I2. Did well and didn't lose much money.
.     I took the proceeds and got a P4P obsidian and a Mavic Air. Love them both. With the remaining $ I have bought a Brand new Inspire 1, V2.0. I will use a Z3 camera on it, as this was my favorite before. So, I will sell off the X3 that comes with it. Got a great deal from BuyDig. (Great company to deal with) All told, after selling the X3 I will have $1900 in the rig.
.     Total cost of the fleet is still under what I had in the I2!
.     I am not bashing the I2. It is a great platform. Just more than I need. I operate strictly as a hobbyist and have no desire to move on from there. (Some restrictions that I don't care for under 107)
.     New bird arrives tomorrow and Z3 later in the week. Looking forward to putting an I1 back in the air.

2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing your story here, no matter which product you purchased, you are our valued customer, appreciate your support to DJI, hope you will receive it soon and have a great time with it.
2018-4-9
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Mindy!
Now, if FedEx would just deliver it......
It showed on truck for delivery on Saturday.
No show.
Today also.
No show.
2018-4-9
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Aero

Glad you managed to get what you wanted. I wish you would have told me, I have 2 Inspire 1 C2 X3's that I would like to sell.  I understand the I2 is spendy and would be very tough to loose for anyone.

I  am happy for you
Rich
2018-4-9
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>

It was a hard decision to part with the I2, as it is a fantastic machine.
But...... reading this last night made me glad I did it:
Imbalance of TB50 cells....... https://forum.dji.com/thread-141917-1-1.html

Another thing was I could not find a useful zoom lens for the X5S. Tried them all and they were all a disappointment.
Will be good to get back to the Z3.
Ended up getting a brand new V2.0 for $1649 and I will sell the X3 for $350.
That makes the bird $1300 brand new with warranty.
2018-4-9
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-4-9 19:35
It was a hard decision to part with the I2, as it is a fantastic machine.
But...... reading this last night made me glad I did it:
Imbalance of TB50 cells....... https://forum.dji.com/thread-141917-1-1.html

Didn't see this, because you didn't reply to my post.... So, that's pretty cheap Inspire 1 setup for sure...  Glad you are happy and wish you all the best with the I1.

As far as the battery issues, this will get sorted out very soon.

Rich
2018-4-11
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>

Bird arrived FINALLY!!!!
After 5 days of delivery "attempts".
FexEx kept coming very late, after 7:00 pm or trying to deliver to abandoned building across the street.
I'm glad I used my work address and it is surely a Good thing signature was required!!
It took a call to FedEx last night and opening a complaint to get the driver to look on the right side of the street.

Anyway, it made it and in great shape in Factory sealed box.
The big plus is this had to be a recent production run because it has the 1345LS prop locks installed on it!
Date on Label is 2018/2. Only 2 months ago!!

Charging and updating everything now. Maiden flight tomorrow right after work.
Update: Thought I would have to update everything. FW was latest, RC required nothing. Only thing it asked to update was the flysafe database. Kewel!!

2018-4-12
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-11 20:16
Didn't see this, because you didn't reply to my post.... So, that's pretty cheap Inspire 1 setup for sure...  Glad you are happy and wish you all the best with the I1.

As far as the battery issues, this will get sorted out very soon.

I would think so. DJI doesn't want to eat too many batteries! I'm sure of that.
2018-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules