How to enable Two dimensional Panos
774 8 2018-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dxb
lvl.1
United States

I just received my Mobile 2 and have been testing with an iPhone X.

I want to be able to take two dimensional panos, say 3x3, but can't figure out how.

If I use DJI GO, and select still photos, I can select Single, PANO or Long Exposure.
If I select PANO, I can sub-select Ultra Wideangle, Fisheye or Panorama.
Each of these options creates a progressively wider one dimensional shot of 1x5, 1x9, 1x17 respectively.

How do I enable two dimensional Panos?  On various youTube videos I see people able to select a variety of dimensions in two dimensions.

Kindly advise?

DB

2018-4-8
Use props
NinjaTurtles
lvl.1
United States

I feel like the option was there on a previous version of the app, but is missing now.
2018-4-8
Use props
dxb
lvl.1
United States

NinjaTurtles Posted at 2018-4-8 11:28
I feel like the option was there on a previous version of the app, but is missing now.

Glad I'm not the only one with the problem.

I tried putting it on a tripod and 'calibrating' again.

Neither worked.

I also went to the apple store and they loaded the app and saw the same as me.  I even reloaded the APP.

2018-4-8
Use props
BigPeteTO
lvl.2

I'm not sure where you are getting your dimensions from. The latest iOS GO app update version 3.1.31 yields these results:

Ultra WideAngle: 2009 X 1305
Fisheye: 3005 X 1313
Panorama: 5008 x 1259
I am not sure where you are getting your ratios of 1x5, 1x9, 1x17 from?

2018-4-8
Use props
dxb
lvl.1
United States

BigPeteTO Posted at 2018-4-8 18:59
I'm not sure where you are getting your dimensions from. The latest iOS GO app update version 3.1.31 yields these results:

Ultra WideAngle: 2009 X 1305

I am specifying how many picture are taken in each dimension for the 3 Pano settings.
All of the Pano settings result in a single vertical position and pan horizontally.
2018-4-9
Use props
BigPeteTO
lvl.2

dxb Posted at 2018-4-9 05:30
I am specifying how many picture are taken in each dimension for the 3 Pano settings.
All of the Pano settings result in a single vertical position and pan horizontally.

Is your iPhone mounted vertically (portrait) in the Osmo?

When I mount mine in the horizontal (landscape) orientation I get this:

Ultra WideAngle: 9 photos 3X3
Fisheye: 15 photos 3X5
Panorama: 27 photos 3X9
And I don't know if it makes a difference, but in Settings for Panorama I have the quality set to High.
2018-4-9
Use props
Jojo_Osmo
New
Japan

Hallo !
Not sure if I get it all correctly here... Because yes, me too I think there is a  feature which has been changed with panorama since an update of the app, but as far as I know, it's more like, i was able to make a 180° and a 360° Panorama by stitching respectively 3 and 5 pictures horizontally (1×3 and 1×5). But now, I can not do it anymore. I get as mentioned by BigPeteTO a 3x3, 3x5 and 3x9. (Which is not what I am looking for. ) and it's the same for android and iOS and regardless if the phone is portrait or landscape.
Regards.
2018-4-9
Use props
dxb
lvl.1
United States

Here is a screenshot of what I get when I bring up the different Pano mode selections.
None of these show a little 3x3grid like I've seen on videos online.  They are all 1xn options.

2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, sorry for my late response, the pano mode has been optimized, but the functions are still there, I believe the following chart would help to understand easily, please check. GTScreenshot_20180417_162429.png
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules