Disconnected/Gimbal Disconnected? Help!!! SOLVED
2219 14 2018-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

Good day to all...

I fired up my DJI Phantom 4 this morning, my intent was to calibrate the IMU.

First, I turned on the RC.  Next I started DJI GO 4.  Next I turned on the AC.  The AC is running normally.  Both back lights are flashing green.  Both front lights are solid red.  The only thing that is responding to the RC is the gimbal, which barely moves the camera from left to right/right to left when I move the stick.

When I turn on the RC it doesn't ask/tell me that there is a FW upgrade available like it was always doing before today.   As per some advice that was offered, I have not updated the FW.  I'm still using the FW that was installed out of the box.

When the AC started, the camera did it's self check as it normally does.

On the top left conner of the screen the RC says "Disconnected" and no matter what I do, it won't connect to the AC.  I've shut down and restarted 4 to 5 times.

Theres a message in the settings saying "Gimbal not Connected"

As I said; I move the stick and the gimbal barely moves from side to side.

I don't understand... The last time - and only time I flew, everything was normal and working the way it was supposed to, right up to the end of my flight.  I did have an issue with a tree five minutes into the flight - broke 3 props and it fell about 3 feet,  but after that I put on new props and took it up for another flight that lasted for about 45 minutes with no issues.  I quit after this because the battery was getting low.  Everything was normal when I packed it up.

I have a fully charged battery.  The RC is fully charged.

I re-installed the DJI app.

I'm not sure if I have left anything out here, but if so, let me know and I'll follow up.

Thanks in advance for any help that may offered.

2018-4-8
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

Nobody can imagine just how stupid I'm feeling right about now.  I'm embarrassed to say what the problem was. ... but here goes.

I didn't have the RC plugged into my device.  I guess I'm still very much a complete newb.

Thanks all... hope I gave everyone a good Sunday laugh!!!
2018-4-8
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good experience ,   You'll never for get that again I bet.
2018-4-8
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-4-8 15:44
Good experience ,   You'll never for get that again I bet.

Um... no. I don't think so.  The worst part of it wasn't spending an hour full of frustration and fear that I'd have to sent it back after just one week.  No, the worst part of it is that I actually posted for help before I found the problem.

2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Oscar. Glad to know you have found the cause.
2018-4-8
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-8 19:23
Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Oscar. Glad to know you have found the cause.

Thanks, Susan.  Looks like I'm 2 for 2 now.  Last weekend I got into a fight with the battery.  I couldn't get it out for the life of me.  I thought there was something wrong with it so I took it back to the store where I bought it and got my money back.  I came home and stumbled over a YouTube video showing how to take out the battery.  Yep... it was another moment of stupid.

2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Oscar Myer Posted at 2018-4-8 20:44
Thanks, Susan.  Looks like I'm 2 for 2 now.  Last weekend I got into a fight with the battery.  I couldn't get it out for the life of me.  I thought there was something wrong with it so I took it back to the store where I bought it and got my money back.  I came home and stumbled over a YouTube video showing how to take out the battery.  Yep... it was another moment of stupid.

LOL, leave some time to learn the little thing, you may know better the performance.
2018-4-9
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-9 23:09
LOL, leave some time to learn the little thing, you may know better the performance.

Hi Susan... I'm curious to know if there is a way to find out and make sure that my P4 was registered with you  the first time I started it up.  Or do I have to register it myself.  I'm thinking that this has to be done in case I need to use the warranty in the future.

Thanks so much... very appreciated
2018-4-14
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Oscar Myer Posted at 2018-4-14 18:55
Hi Susan... I'm curious to know if there is a way to find out and make sure that my P4 was registered with you  the first time I started it up.  Or do I have to register it myself.  I'm thinking that this has to be done in case I need to use the warranty in the future.

If it was not registered you wouldn't be able to fly it, i believe there is no reason to worry that you did not register it.
2018-4-14
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-14 23:22
If it was not registered you wouldn't be able to fly it, i believe there is no reason to worry that you did not register it.

Thanks so much for this!!!
2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Oscar Myer Posted at 2018-4-14 18:55

A brand new unit needs to be activated at the first time. Please check the drone icon under your Avatar, it will display here if the drone is activated under your DJI Account(same with the email address to log in the Forum).
2018-4-16
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-16 05:06
A brand new unit needs to be activated at the first time. Please check the drone icon under your Avatar, it will display here if the drone is activated under your DJI Account(same with the email address to log in the Forum).

Hi again...

The drone icon under my avatar shows a Phantom 4.  When I click on it I'm taken to a Phantom 4 page with videos and such.  But like I say... the picture is of a P4.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Oscar Myer Posted at 2018-4-16 11:50
Hi again...

The drone icon under my avatar shows a Phantom 4.  When I click on it I'm taken to a Phantom 4 page with videos and such.  But like I say... the picture is of a P4.

Yes, it is a P4. The icon will be here as long as the drone is activated under your email address. For the warranty, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and DJI, so please kindly offer the purchase invoice for warranty claim.
2018-4-17
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-17 02:27
Yes, it is a P4. The icon will be here as long as the drone is activated under your email address. For the warranty, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and DJI, so please kindly offer the purchase invoice for warranty claim.

Thanks so much for this Susan!!!  Much appreciated.
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Oscar Myer Posted at 2018-4-17 08:02
Thanks so much for this Susan!!!  Much appreciated.

My pleasure! Should there are any further questions, feel free to contact us.
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules