Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NKvYVmlwbYXQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180781 ft

United Kingdom

Hi everyone..
Just a quick question...
I was flying over local marina area & above water when my ph3a went into atti mode...i panicked and just kept on flying it bk towards me,,gps did go bk on after a heart stopping moment..and all was fine...
But when i checked footage of flight and time gps went down,i was directly above a small boat doing circles in water...was still hight but picture went like lines accross it...like outa frquency a bit,if that makes sence...
Just wondering if anyone had same problem just so i know to keep away from boats etc....
Kind regards
2018-4-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Flying over a boat would have had no effect on either GPS or your camera.
2018-4-8
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi labroides
Thank you for your reply.
If i flew over a watchtower,,like,were they guide boats in...coatgaurd tower with tech stuff would that interfere with a signal??
Its just i flew with ni problem in a big circle above all the boats and coastgaurd tower and im not 100% sure if it said compass error "atti mode"
Would that be at all possible labroids?
So sorry for all q's...happend a few flights ago,but as you know im new on site and keen to learn wots wrong way or place to fly my drone...kind regards j
2018-4-8
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Here a pic of the warning..if it means anything labroids..
2018-4-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

justin r Posted at 2018-4-8 12:36
Hi labroides
Thank you for your reply.
If i flew over a watchtower,,like,were they guide boats in...coatgaurd tower with tech stuff would that interfere with a signal??

Radio activity nearby may cause interference to your control signal and/or video link but should have no effect on the video your camera records to the SD card, your GPS or your compass.

You can always check the recorded flight data to investigate flight incidents and see error messages etc.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
It will give you a helpful report showing what happened.
If you need help understanding it, come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

ps.  there was no image attached to your last post
2018-4-8
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi labroids
Thank you!
Sorry no pic as took a screenshot ov warning but would not load up...but i remembered you told me to upload flight data with my phantim3 stan last week after fell from sky in hartlepool...
So iv uploaded it and heres link....
Iv had a little look and theres a load of warnings...dunno what was happening....
Here it is labroides..thank you so much..kind regards j

https://app.airdata.com/main?flight=a5c7c34bc594ac27651ff244a201c3bc&page_id=GENERAL
2018-4-8
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

And thank you for letting me know about signal..kind regards j
2018-4-8
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

https://app.airdata.com/main?flight=a5c7c34bc594ac27651ff244a201c3bc&page_id=GENERAL
2018-4-8
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

justin r Posted at 2018-4-8 13:05

2018-4-8
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sorry for them duplicate posts..still getting use to making a link..haha
2018-4-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

justin r Posted at 2018-4-8 13:06
Sorry for them duplicate posts..still getting use to making a link..haha

Airdata is next to useless for investigating an incident.
That's why I gave you instructions for Phantomhelp.com
2018-4-8
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Aw i do apologise..DOH!!
i did not realise was something different..
Thank you labroides..really appricate your help..
Kindest regards
Justin
2018-4-8
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

justin r Posted at 2018-4-8 13:26
Aw i do apologise..DOH!!
i did not realise was something different..
Thank you labroides..really appricate your help..

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/4N6L0GE7ZZZBZ6YYKVNP/
2018-4-8
Use props
djiuser_NKvYVmlwbYXQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180781 ft

United Kingdom

OMG!!! What the blood hell is all that....is all that data from drone...shoot!!!! Can not belive all that data...
2018-4-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

There are two issues with that flight.
First the battery had trouble delivering volts - possibly because of cold conditions?
But from 4:09 - 4:34 you had a yaw error which is like a compass error and forces the Phantom into atti mode.
What caused it is a mystery.
Usually it shows up very early in the flight and is caused by launching from a steel or reinforced concrete surface which causes the compass sensor to act up.
In your flight it looks like your launch point was on grass and probably didn't have any magnetic influences and the Phantom was 2500 feet away and 240 ft up when it showed up.
The yaw error was not induced by anything down below at the time it showed up in flight.
It also appears to be a fairly mild yaw error - the difference between mag north and what the compass was pointing to must have been fairly small as it hasn't caused any serious course deviation.

Sorry I can't say much that's definite.
The Phantom seems to have shaken it off and flown normally afterwards.
I'd give the compass a good calibration in an open area away from magnetic influences and keep an eye on it.
Perhaps it was an odd one-off event that won't repeat?

One more thing ... you ran the battery down very low.
It's a good idea to aim to be on the ground before you get to 20%.
2018-4-8
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi labroides..
WOW!!!
Iv had to read it a couple of times to get my head round it...
I can not believe the knowledge you have on drones,amazing..
Thank you so much for your time & post labroides
I do however remember i had to calibrate compass a few times before i got it right..moved area a few times..i will keep a eye on it from now on,thank you...
Now i know im okay to fly over marina i can get footage of boats leaving habour etc...
I was looking at a yacht about 1/2 mile out at sea yesterday, while looking for a spot to take off from and wanted to fly towards it but been a bit wary of boat technology since this incident and was not sure if interrupts signal somehow..thank you for putting me straight on that labroides....
Iv have a good few flights since and never happened again...so i suppose could of been a 1 off...
Infact prob first flight since i bought it and needed a blow off...pardon the pun
And re battery...i made mistake of taking it bk up to play about with when battery critical as did not want to stop my fun.BIG MISTAKE.but as i landed it,,it took off again as the auto landing kicked in and i panicked and pulled both remote sticks down to cut it off & it just fell...no damage to as was not to high but will never do that again...
Labroides i really thank you for your info...your a top person..
Do you actually repair drones or is it just a hobby with you...
Have a nice day & kind regards
Justin

2018-4-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

justin r Posted at 2018-4-9 02:29
Hi labroides..
WOW!!!
Iv had to read it a couple of times to get my head round it...

i had to calibrate compass a few times before i got it right..moved area a few times..i will keep a eye on it from now on,thank you...

That may be the issue.
Any time you have trouble calibrating the compass, that's an indication that the area is not good for calibrating the compass.
Incidentally, there's no need to calibrate the compass before every flight.
There should be no need to ever calibrate the compass unless you modify the Phantom.

Just make sure that you always launch from magnetically clean areas - never launch from or land on steel or reinforced concrete surfaces.

Do you actually repair drones or is it just a hobby with you...
Just a hobby .. I've learned a lot from flying a lot.
2018-4-9
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi labroides..
Thank you for your reply..
I was on the understanding that i have to calibrate compass before every single flight..especially if moved to a different location..
I calibrate everytime i take drone out...

so there is no need to callibrate,only if modded or made physical changes changes to drone...
I can not believe that...been wasting loads flying time calibrating every flight...omg!!!!

Iv even brought drone back when been in mid flight as realised i forgot to calibrate before flight and started again with a calibration..
Thank you so much for all your help labroides...and you must of been flying for a real long time to have that much knowledge on subject,,bet you lost a few over the years also..hehe..
Thank again for all your time & info my friend,really appreciated man...
Kindest regards
Justin
2018-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules