Drone won't respond to take off (nothing happens when throttle up)
16353 11 2014-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bdphil
New

United States

Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone has a solution for me. I was flying the drone this morning just fine. I landed it, put in a new battery and when I tried to take off again, it wouldn't respond. I turned everything off, brought it inside and checked over everything. I went back out about an hour later and turned everything on. It looked good for launch. I wasn't getting any connection errors and once again, when I slowly throttled up, nothing happened. When I toggle the left joystick left and right, the gimbal moves so I know there is communication between the controller and the drone. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2014-10-30
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are the props spinning? So, when you try to lift off they just don't spin fast enough to achieve lift? Otherwise everything seems fine?
Plug in to the assistant software and make sure your transmitter is still set to Mode 2. Mode 1 is reversed and I've seen this happen before, where it mysteriously gets switched. In Mode 1 the right stick is not throttle, so when you are pressing up it doesn't lift off. Obviously this is a guess on my part. But I've seen similar situations before. Let us know!
2014-10-30
Use props
bdphil
New

United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-10-31 03:09
Are the props spinning? So, when you try to lift off they just don't spin fast enough to achieve lif ...

Thanks for the response. I will plug in to the software. The props actually don't spin at all, weird.
2014-10-30
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

You would have done the CSC before throttling up...
So the CSC brought no response?
2014-10-30
Use props
bdphil
New

United States

got it working! Thanks guys!
2014-10-30
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

And the problem was?
2014-10-30
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Oh, yeah not Mode 1 problem them. I suspect.
2014-10-30
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

Can that change by it self?
2014-10-30
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

From the few times I've heard of that happening the person says it changed by itself. I've not seen it. But apparently it's happened.
2014-11-1
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-10-31 03:09
Are the props spinning? So, when you try to lift off they just don't spin fast enough to achieve lif ...

Same happened to me.

Just got the updated Phantom 2. Flew it for ten minutes to check everything before installing gimbal and the interference board under the hood. Got everything finished, put back together, did a test fight... and it wouldn't take off. It would start, engines would increase slightly in rpm's but not enough to take off. Recalibrated with the RC and PT2 software twice. Same thing. Try to take off, rpm's increase slightly, but no lift.

Hooked up to RC software and a mode wasn't checked for mode 1 or mode 2. Clicked it to mode 2 after seeing Tony's suggestion here. That was it. She flys like a bird now. Thanks Tony.
2014-11-7
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fhagan02@me.com Posted at 2014-11-8 09:49
Same happened to me.

Just got the updated Phantom 2. Flew it for ten minutes to check everything ...

It is absolutely crazy that this thing switches to 1 automatically. haha. Glad I could help!
2014-11-8
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

Damn!  That could REALLY screw you up if the mode changes unexpectedly!

Wonder how common this is, and could it happen while in flight?  THAT could account for "out of control" for sure!
2014-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules