Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First hike with the Mavic Air, Silver Falls State Park
2186 17 2018-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stacebaal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621257 ft
United States

Pretty impressed with the quality and range of this little guy so far.
2018-4-8
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Nice video, Here in the communist state of NY we are not allowed to fly in OUR state parks.  Matter of fact I'm not sure if it is legal to breath or not........ Have to look in to that. "we the people"    right!
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Awesome, great video, it's really beautiful, thanks for sharing.
2018-4-8
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

Tranquil capture of water flowing and good color and saturation.
2018-4-8
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>

Bill B Posted at 2018-4-8 17:22
Nice video, Here in the communist state of NY we are not allowed to fly in OUR state parks.  Matter of fact I'm not sure if it is legal to breath or not........ Have to look in to that. "we the people"    right!

I'm from New York but moved 10 years ago before droning was a popular hobby. Growing up I did a lot of RC planes and cars inside public parks, mainly Nassau County, and my good friend worked for the Parks and Recreational Department. We never encountered any problems liberally flying or driving inside Parks, but obviously times have changed?
2018-4-8
Use props
sky6105
First Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Wow! Nice video looks like a nice place to go to.
Thanks
2018-4-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amazing location - dream of finding a place like that here!
2018-4-9
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-8 17:48
I'm from New York but moved 10 years ago before droning was a popular hobby. Growing up I did a lot of RC planes and cars inside public parks, mainly Nassau County, and my good friend worked for the Parks and Recreational Department. We never encountered any problems liberally flying or driving inside Parks, but obviously times have changed?

Yes, they have changed indeed. We can still fly the Park flyer electric planes in small open parks, However,   the News Media coverage of quad flying has us all painted with a wide stroke of incompetence, ignorance and recklessness. We'll take Casey Nutsac for example. His posts on youtube do little to keep our reputation intact. So I get the need to crack down a bit. But in true NY state style of over reacting to what they don't know or understand, we are handcuffed. You were smart to leave 10 years ago, kudos to you.
I'm on a 3 year plan on going south myself.
2018-4-9
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>

Bill B Posted at 2018-4-9 02:06
Yes, they have changed indeed. We can still fly the Park flyer electric planes in small open parks, However,   the News Media coverage of quad flying has us all painted with a wide stroke of incompetence, ignorance and recklessness. We'll take Casey Nutsac for example. His posts on youtube do little to keep our reputation intact. So I get the need to crack down a bit. But in true NY state style of over reacting to what they don't know or understand, we are handcuffed. You were smart to leave 10 years ago, kudos to you.
I'm on a 3 year plan on going south myself.

I have a friend who just moved back to New York after living 7 years in Los Angeles. He flies drones and flew a lot in LA, curious what his reaction will be?
2018-4-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Awesome video, great capture of the waterfall.
2018-4-9
Use props
Joshua Carlton
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24094 ft
  • >>>

I live in Eugene, and Silver Falls is one of my favorite places to visit! I have always wanted to fly there but wasn't sure if it was legal or not. Did anyone give you any trouble? Beautiful shots!
2018-4-9
Use props
Marian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 340597 ft

That is some nice footage. Thanks for sharing
2018-4-9
Use props
stacebaal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621257 ft
United States

Joshua Carlton Posted at 2018-4-9 09:05
I live in Eugene, and Silver Falls is one of my favorite places to visit! I have always wanted to fly there but wasn't sure if it was legal or not. Did anyone give you any trouble? Beautiful shots!

It is a gorgeous area.  I didn't have any problems, however I was careful to take off and land far away from where any people were gathering or enjoying the view.  
2018-4-9
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

WOW, what a beautiful place!
2018-4-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Great video, thank you! And I have never seen such an amazing waterfall before with lots of room below.
2018-4-9
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Joshua Carlton Posted at 2018-4-9 09:05
I live in Eugene, and Silver Falls is one of my favorite places to visit! I have always wanted to fly there but wasn't sure if it was legal or not. Did anyone give you any trouble? Beautiful shots!

Really nice video of the Falls.

I read that the only park in Oregon that is off limits to Drones is  at Smith Rock,  no drones are allowed because of nesting eagles.

Lisa Sumption State Park Director stated:
They are concerned about  South Falls at Silver Falls State Park and their next step will be crafting rules, park to park, for drones.

2018-4-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

What a place fantastic. Good job.
2018-4-9
Use props
ManaRam
Captain