Pre-flight checklist?
4500 14 2018-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

So being fairly new to the world of drones (got my Mavic Air on 1 March), i'm going to make up a small card and laminate it to go in my drone bag, which i can refer to when going for a fly. Just something simple to remind me to do things like remove the gimbal cover etc.

So far i have got;
Gimbal cover removed?
Phone/Tablet connected?
GPS lock?
Home Point recorded?
Home Point altitude set?
Wifi on 5.8GHz?

Anything else that i'm missing that could/should be on the list?  Going to also suggest it be put in each of the cases for the drones we have here at work, as there's a lot of new, inexperienced staff that are starting to use them, so a quick, easy checklist that can be referred to may cut down on any mishaps.

Any other thoughts?
2018-4-8
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Install UAVFORECAST App, check the weather, wind speed, map etc.

Check your props for any abnormalities before and after flight.

RTH height is it enough to avoid any obstacles. If you are flying around trees, etc set RTH to hover

Check sensors  IMU, COMPASS you should have a t least some green, otherwise shut down and restart everything and check again.

Check the battery voltage and temperature

In the beginning, practice in the academy, fly in beginner mode, later only in open space and LOS

Hope this help dude!  FLY SAFE AND HAVE FUN!

2018-4-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Make sure your RTH settings are set to Return To Home and not hover/land unless that is what you want it to do. Make sure you have set max height and distance, Batteries AC/RC/Phone fully charged and everything calibrated if requested to do, then do so. FW updated.
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, please check the preflight checklist tutorial video, thanks!

2018-4-8
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

Gimbal cover should be removed before you even power the drone up, pretty sure it says that on the sticker on the cover.  Leaving the cover on can overload the gimbal.

I'd also add battery inserted correctly (google spark battery problems)
Leg antennae folded down (this should be obvious based on the camera view)
2018-4-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the props are securely placed to the motors and undamaged.
Format the SD card if using one
2018-4-9
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Someone here on the forum told a very good procedure, don't remember who it was, but its on my checklist ever since.

Before taking off, check the heading of the aircraft in the app, and right after takeoff, hover, fly a meter forward, fly a meter backwards, and the same for left and right to check if controls are acting nominal for the rest of the flight.
2018-4-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-4-9 07:48
Someone here on the forum told a very good procedure, don't remember who it was, but its on my checklist ever since.

Before taking off, check the heading of the aircraft in the app, and right after takeoff, hover, fly a meter forward, fly a meter backwards, and the same for left and right to check if controls are acting nominal for the rest of the flight.

Try these.

Preflight check.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2018-4-9
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-4-9 08:14
Try these.

Preflight check.

Now that's a thorough checklist! Deserves a stickie even! Thanks, instant copy/paste/print
2018-4-9
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

All great suggestions. To drum them in read all the posts headed "Lost my drone"  most could have been avoidable if they had done the suggestions mentioned.
2018-4-9
Use props
cspain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Turn on the bloody recording! I spent a whole battery today flying about and realized on landing I had forgot to turn on the recording
2018-4-10
Use props
Mountaindrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>

you check the altitude before take off ?
2018-4-10
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

Mountaindrone Posted at 2018-4-10 22:38
you check the altitude before take off ?

Who me?  Yeah, i just mean checking the Home Point return altitude so that it's sufficient enough to miss any obstacles.
2018-4-11
Use props
Mountaindrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>

Face-AcheNZ Posted at 2018-4-11 11:40
Who me?  Yeah, i just mean checking the Home Point return altitude so that it's sufficient enough to miss any obstacles.

Okay : good idea
2018-4-11
Use props
Jack Beans
lvl.2

United States

cspain Posted at 2018-4-10 19:15
Turn on the bloody recording! I spent a whole battery today flying about and realized on landing I had forgot to turn on the recording

Happened to me too...forgot to press the red "record" button.  
2018-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules