Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Linking New controller as a slave
3176 12 2018-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Provost Drone Solutions
lvl.1
Flight distance : 937267 ft
United States

Hello Everyone,
I know it looks like I am a newbie, but I just started this profile, under my business name. :-)

I just bought 2 used Inspire 1's.  A V2 and a V1.  I am attempting to keep my V1 as a back up, hoping to easily still take it out to fly with my son on occasion as well.  But I am also trying to link the controller of the V1 to the V2 and use it as a slave for the gimble.  Cant seem to get it done?  If i turn on the controller linked to the V2 and set it as the master, then turn on the second controller, I get nowhere.  I tried linking both to the V2 and it seems the V1 controller will not connect.  Now, I believe the firmware is different between the V1 and the drone, and also I suppose the V2 controller as well.  Can anyone give me advice here on what to do?

Another issue I am having is the gimble is not going through its calibration all the time and the drone connects to the controller, but i get no video feed.  I shut off drone, remove gimble and restart,  Go into travel mode, then go out of it, shut down, reinstall the gimble and restart...seems to fix it "most times".  Is there some sort of requirement in the travel mode, landing gear sequence so that the gimble connects all the time?
Thank you in advance.
Keith
2018-4-8
Use props
Provost Drone Solutions
lvl.1
United States

Let me be more clear on my question as to the slave set up.  Do my 2 controllers and both Inspires, and cameras need to have the same firmware?  Question 2 is do both controllers have to be linked to the drone i am attempting to operate in dual controller mode, or can i leave the V1 controller linked to the V1 Inspire, and still be able to use it as a slave on the V2?  Will I need to re link the second controller, everytime i use it as a slave, then link back to the V1 when i want to fly that Inspire V1?  thank you again.  I am currently attempting to update all equipment to the same firmware, including the batteries.
2018-4-8
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

for start up you need to raise the AC out of travel mode into landing mode then turn the AC off. attach gimbal and the turn AC back on. also check that the little pins are straight and clean as well as the contacts on gimbal are clean.

for the Master/Slave

2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Provost, please make sure the two RCs have the same firmware version and then refer to TruGreen's post in 3# to set Master and Slave RC. Each time the Slave RC switches to Master RC, it will need to be linked to the drone.
2018-4-8
Use props
Provost Drone Solutions
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-8 23:59
Hi Provost, please make sure the two RCs have the same firmware version and then refer to TruGreen's post in 3# to set Master and Slave RC. Each time the Slave RC switches to Master RC, it will need to be linked to the drone.

thank you mindy.  I updated everything on both drones last night.  It all works now.  though to your point, about re linking....
i have both controllers linked to their own drone.  When I use 1 controller as a slave for the other drone, I dont believe I have had to relink to the original.  I believe I have done this process already without having to.  
I will say this, I was out flying yesterday for the first time with these Inspires and video feed seemed ....not the best.  Pixelated alot, and loss of feed around 1000 ft.  the controller i was using has a booster on it as well (itelite dbs booster).  When i bought these Inspires i seem to remember the owner showing me a setting of (high quality - Low quality) feed there by adjusting range as well.  I just cant seem to find it.
any opinions.  
Sincerely,
Keith
2018-4-9
Use props
Provost Drone Solutions
lvl.1
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-4-8 19:44
for start up you need to raise the AC out of travel mode into landing mode then turn the AC off. attach gimbal and the turn AC back on. also check that the little pins are straight and clean as well as the contacts on gimbal are clean.

for the Master/Slave

I am thinking the camera problem might have been firmware, and me mixing 2 cameras on 2 different drones?  thank you for your reply.  everything seems AOK now :-)
Keith
2018-4-9
Use props
Provost Drone Solutions
lvl.1
United States

what are these?  tabs to reduce movement?
2018-4-9
Use props
Provost Drone Solutions
lvl.1
United States

and the purpose of this tab?
2018-4-9
Use props
Henry M.Y.
First Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Provost Drone Solutions Posted at 2018-4-9 06:51
[view_image]

what are these?  tabs to reduce movement?

The 2 small levers are for mounting the X5 Raw gimbal camera.

Henry
2018-4-9
Use props
Henry M.Y.
First Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

And the tab in the middle of this X5 mounting plate is for mounting the X5 gimbal camera.

You may download the Inspire 1 Pro and Inspire 1 Raw user manuals from DJI web site for better understanding of the mounting methods for the X5 and X5 Raw cameras.

Henry
2018-4-9
Use props
Provost Drone Solutions
lvl.1
United States

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2018-4-9 07:04
And the tab in the middle of this X5 mounting plate is for mounting the X5 gimbal camera.

You may download the Inspire 1 Pro and Inspire 1 Raw user manuals from DJI web site for better understanding of the mounting methods for the X5 and X5 Raw cameras.

so when i buy an x5 for my inspire, these will be used?  thank you
2018-4-9
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Slave video feed for the Inspire 1 is broken - you will get dropout. lag and pixellation continually.
This is due to the restriction of channels/output power applied in an app/FW 'Update' some time ago.

Google '32 channel hack' and read up - not sure if the hack still works on current versions of DJI GO however.
2018-4-9
Use props
Provost Drone Solutions
lvl.1
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-4-9 15:42
Slave video feed for the Inspire 1 is broken - you will get dropout. lag and pixellation continually.
This is due to the restriction of channels/output power applied in an app/FW 'Update' some time ago.

going to try it :-)
2018-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules