Motor Noise On Mic
3233 13 2018-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kylelitwack
lvl.1
United States

I just got my osmo mobile 2 and it's great, but there is a low hum of motor noise in the audio. This really sucks because I planned on using instagram live and stories, but the audio is unusable. It is especially bad in portrait mode. Is this normal or is my unit defective? And before you ask, my phone is well balanced.
2018-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Kyle, sorry to read on the trouble you are experiencing, just to verify, does the mobile phone mount close to the silicone in the tilt motor? Are the Holder LockKnob and Balance Adjustment Lock tightened? If the issue persists, any chance to provide a short video about the motor noise for further support? Thank you.
2018-4-8
Use props
kylelitwack
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-8 23:16
Hi Kyle, sorry to read on the trouble you are experiencing, just to verify, does the mobile phone mount close to the silicone in the tilt motor? Are the Holder LockKnob and Balance Adjustment Lock tightened? If the issue persists, any chance to provide a short video about the motor noise for further support? Thank you.

Everything is tightened down and I have tried moving the phone closer and farther from the silicone and it doesn't help. I have video of it uploading now and I'll link it when it's done.
2018-4-9
Use props
kylelitwack
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-8 23:16
Hi Kyle, sorry to read on the trouble you are experiencing, just to verify, does the mobile phone mount close to the silicone in the tilt motor? Are the Holder LockKnob and Balance Adjustment Lock tightened? If the issue persists, any chance to provide a short video about the motor noise for further support? Thank you.

2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

kylelitwack Posted at 2018-4-9 15:22
https://youtu.be/KTGqH_mkPtw

Thanks for the video, due to sensor noise, the handle may vibrate slightly when the gimbal is moving, this is normal, the Osmo Mobile 2 new firmware has been released, please update at you most convenience to have a try.
2018-4-11
Use props
Chris Walker2
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-11 03:42
Thanks for the video, due to sensor noise, the handle may vibrate slightly when the gimbal is moving, this is normal, the Osmo Mobile 2 new firmware has been released, please update at you most convenience to have a try.

I'm having the same issue.
2018-4-28
Use props
Pasod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6286 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just tried this and I don't have any motor noise, Im on the latest firmware. Cant tell if the issue was there or not before I upgraded.
Tried with both DJI Go and Filmic Pro.
2018-4-28
Use props
Chris Walker2
lvl.1

United States

I have tested this on two other DJI Mobiles and it does not produce this sound. DJI told me this was normal and due to the sensor and motor noises but I have to disagree with that. I will upgrade firmware and try again and while using a different video app with the mobile 2 and report back.
2018-5-2
Use props
jmacri
New
United States

I'm having the same issue. I followed all your recommendations and they 'did not' work.
2019-3-10
Use props
jmacri
New
United States

jmacri Posted at 3-10 14:25
I'm having the same issue. I followed all your recommendations and they 'did not' work.

I think I know what the issue is... My iPhone selfie microphone is dirty and needs to be cleaned. Looks like it picked up some dirt and lint. Will let you know if this clean will help the issue.
2019-3-10
Use props
KamilB
lvl.1
Czechia

Hi guys. Have you solved the problem? I have just bought new one Osmo mobile 2 and same problem. I replaced it for new one and there is the same problem. I am disappointed about it. I am using Iphone 7.
2019-5-1
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Interesting.  I have an older 2 axis gimble, which produced a low humming from the servo-motors working.  I was curious if this gimble produced the same noise.  For some it does and for others it doesn't.  Please keep us posted.
2019-5-7
Use props
dbwoodworks
New

United States

man I am having the same problem as you, but with my brand new mobile 3.  any ideas as to how to fix it?  what did you do?
2019-10-19
Use props
dbwoodworks
New

United States

I'm having same issue with my brand new mobile 3.  any ideas on fixing it.  its ruined my videos with this sound.
2019-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules