Home / TELLO /
35893 33 2018-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
axevalentine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15272 ft
Georgia

Hello guys, Since arrival of  Tello drones many people complaint about it's  Range.  Here is easy and affordable  way to extend WiFI range and you are right it's about using WIFI Repeater.

2018-4-9
Use props
Grumpy D
First Officer
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

Good job
2018-4-9
Use props
axevalentine
Second Officer
Georgia

Thank you
2018-4-9
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I don't see why Ryze didn't just make the Tello dual band WiFi? Streaming live video using 2.4GHz isn't optimal, maybe for range but 5GHz is better for viewing live video on your phone.
2018-4-24
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can we have the Tello icon added to our icons under our user name?  Seems like we should since DJI owns the company right?
2018-5-1
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Also thanks for the tip to extend the range!
2018-5-1
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-4-24 19:05
I don't see why Ryze didn't just make the Tello dual band WiFi? Streaming live video using 2.4GHz isn't optimal, maybe for range but 5GHz is better for viewing live video on your phone.

Thank you very much valuable advice to us, we will in future continue to improve the features and performances of Tello, hoping to bring the customer satisfactory drone.
2018-5-1
Use props
axevalentine
Second Officer
Georgia

VigilanteDrones Posted at 2018-5-1 21:24
Can we have the Tello icon added to our icons under our user name?  Seems like we should since DJI owns the company right?

As far as I know DJI and Ryze are  two different companies .  DJI doesn't own  Ryze.  Tello has  different app that's why is that  there is no tello icon ;/

2018-5-2
Use props
axevalentine
Second Officer
Georgia

VigilanteDrones Posted at 2018-5-1 21:24
Also thanks for the tip to extend the range!

You're  Welcome ^_^
2018-5-2
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
  • >>>

axevalentine Posted at 2018-5-2 01:55
As far as I know DJI and Ryze are  two different companies .  DJI doesn't own  Ryze.  Tello has  different app that's why is that  there is no tello icon ;/

They are the parent company of Ryze Tech.  From what I understand they made it a separate company to avoid affecting their price point for all the DJI drones.  Maybe someday we can collect another icon
2018-5-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

RYZE Posted at 2018-5-1 21:26
Thank you very much valuable advice to us, we will in future continue to improve the features and performances of Tello, hoping to bring the customer satisfactory drone.

My pleasure, feel free to contact me anytime.
2018-5-2
Use props
axevalentine
Second Officer
Georgia

VigilanteDrones Posted at 2018-5-2 06:48
They are the parent company of Ryze Tech.  From what I understand they made it a separate company to avoid affecting their price point for all the DJI drones.  Maybe someday we can collect another icon

Yeah, I hope so
2018-5-2
Use props
ades
lvl.2

Singapore

Great way to extend the range! In fact, I found a cheaper extender..

I've also tested the range with and without.

my results:
W/o repeater - 8 meters height & 25 meters distance before I lose video feeds
W repeater - 15 meters height  & 50 meter distance (or even further) Doesn't want to lose my tello.. The network is still strong but I can't really see my tello as it's way too small..

To top it up, I'm flying in a extremely heavy traffic of Wifi network everywhere. but no people in sight.

2018-5-6
Use props
axevalentine
Second Officer
Georgia

ades Posted at 2018-5-6 17:57
Great way to extend the range! In fact, I found a cheaper extender..

I've also tested the range with and without.

yeah,  that Mi extender is pretty cheap and works amazing.
2018-5-6
Use props
Sean Doughtie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36598 ft

I’ve done the same thing, works well!
2018-5-9
Use props
hawkmankt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8691 ft
United States

I grabbed one of these Xiaomi Repeaters on Amazon for like $14. Works like a charm. It's not so hard to set up. You start up the Tello then use the Xiaomi app to connect your repeater to the Tello's wifi. Then, you'll have a new version of the Tello's default wifi SSID with plus at the end. You then connect your mobile device to that whenever you wanna fly. It really extends the signal.

Here's some footage I shot last night at home. I was maxxing out the height and flying around a big tree in our backyard.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/0Q16eosCd2p29JuF2
2018-5-21
Use props
Sean Doughtie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36598 ft
United States

hawkmankt Posted at 2018-5-21 07:20
I grabbed one of these Xiaomi Repeaters on Amazon for like $14. Works like a charm. It's not so hard to set up. You start up the Tello then use the Xiaomi app to connect your repeater to the Tello's wifi. Then, you'll have a new version of the Tello's default wifi SSID with plus at the end. You then connect your mobile device to that whenever you wanna fly. It really extends the signal.

Here's some footage I shot last night at home. I was maxxing out the height and flying around a big tree in our backyard.

oops... it crashed. I have a swing just like that in my yard...
2018-5-21
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9750253 ft
United States

I ordered one of those extenders the other day and should have it next week sometime.  I would definitely be able to use it for more than just the Tello although that's the main reason I bought it.
2018-5-21
Use props
hawkmankt
lvl.2
United States

Sean Doughtie Posted at 2018-5-21 10:47
oops... it crashed. I have a swing just like that in my yard...

Yeah, first time I crashed her. That's cool though. My boy picked her up and did "Throw and Go" and no problemo.

Gotta tear that swingset down this Summer I think. Kids are too big for it now. It served it's purpose though.
2018-5-22
Use props
hawkmankt
lvl.2
United States

Oldmaninwva Posted at 2018-5-21 12:02
I ordered one of those extenders the other day and should have it next week sometime.  I would definitely be able to use it for more than just the Tello although that's the main reason I bought it.

I thought the same exact thing about it being for more than the Tello.

I might just order another for other purposes. They're pretty cheap.
2018-5-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

thank for your help
2018-6-4
Use props
axevalentine
Second Officer
Georgia

Happy Flying ^_^
2018-6-8
Use props
BrkTnl
lvl.1

Turkey

Thanks for the tip.  I'm getting impatient to try that I bought a Tello drone just a few days ago. It's very successful and shows its quality in everytime.
2018-6-28
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

The extender works great.
2018-6-28
Use props
axevalentine
Second Officer
Georgia

BrkTnl Posted at 2018-6-28 06:03
Thanks for the tip.  I'm getting impatient to try that  I bought a Tello drone just a few days ago. It's very successful and shows its quality in everytime.

Use MI   extender
2018-7-5
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Good idea               
2018-7-6
Use props
axevalentine
Second Officer
Georgia

yeah and it works!
2018-7-8
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

The repeater does great. I enjoy it for smoother video primarily.
2018-7-8
Use props
Walleye
lvl.4
United States

Hello, I’m interested in the extender.  It’s unavailable on Amazon.  Do you have another link for it?  Thanks!
2019-3-21
Use props
axevalentine
Second Officer
United States

Walleye Posted at 3-21 17:59
Hello, I’m interested in the extender.  It’s unavailable on Amazon.  Do you have another link for it?  Thanks!

Hi,

You can use this one - https://www.amazon.com/Extender- ... =gateway&sr=8-5
2019-3-26
Use props
Hoki
New

United States

I ordered myself one of those USB range extenders but I remembered I have a range extender u plug into a wall so I set up the tello with it and works. I just gotta plug it in in my outdoor outlet and see what the range will be like with it.  I wonder if it'll be more since it's a more robust unit with maybe a bigger antenna?
2019-4-7
Use props
Hoki
New

United States

So I just did a little video transmission test with my tello and my totolink ex750 extender thingy and first I connected my phone directly to the tello and put it in the room at one end of the house and walked away putting a few walls between and signal started to drop from 99db to 70db and 40db then as I went into the bathroom it said weak signal which wasn't more than 50ft away but with 3 rooms between.  So then I plugged in the totolink in an outlet in the living room which is the central room and started to walk away again as I did before and this time it remained at 90db and no matter where I went in the house the lowest the signal got was 70db with not one video flicker and no signal loss warning.  I can't wait to plug this in outside. I bet the range is gonna be crazy.   I'll be getting the MI USB extender everyone uses tomorrow so I'll test both outside my house cause I have an outlet just outside my front door and I have some battery banks for the Mi one too.  
2019-4-7
Use props
Hoki
New

United States

I know the mi will be very convenient to plug into a battery bank but if the other one makes even greater range I may need to find a way to connect it to a bank.  I do have some 12v banks but I might need to make an adapter for it or something if it'll even work cause it plugs into a 110v socket....
2019-4-7
Use props
axevalentine
Second Officer
Italy

Hoki Posted at 4-7 21:59
I know the mi will be very convenient to plug into a battery bank but if the other one makes even greater range I may need to find a way to connect it to a bank.  I do have some 12v banks but I might need to make an adapter for it or something if it'll even work cause it plugs into a 110v socket....

Hello Hoki,

Have you tried Mi extender ?

2019-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules