RAW DMG files
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bzykac 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14800 ft
Australia

Hi.
MY DMG files on my P3Pro are at smaller dimension. Why?
JPG photos are good, but DMG files are good in size , but have reduced quality, and are lower in dimension only 960X540, where JPG files are 4000X2250.
I don't think we can customized this settings. Why this is happening, I don't know.
Photos on my App are compressed and in smaller resolution, that's fine, but on a memory card should be original photos, and not compressed and not in smaller resolution.
I need to solve it as I need DMG files.
Thank you.  

DJI.jpg
2018-4-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I think you might find that is your computer not being able to properly identify the DNG (not DMG) files. If you open it with an application that can understand the file, you will find it is much larger in size. One I looked at said it was 960 x 540 looking at the Windows Properties information, but once opened in Photoshop, it is actually 5464 x 3070. And they are not heavily compressed at all, look at the file size, they are in excess of 17 Megabytes in size.
2018-4-9
Use props
bzykac 2
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-4-9 01:07
I think you might find that is your computer not being able to properly identify the DNG (not DMG) files. If you open it with an application that can understand the file, you will find it is much larger in size. One I looked at said it was 960 x 540 looking at the Windows Properties information, but once opened in Photoshop, it is actually 5464 x 3070. And they are not heavily compressed at all, look at the file size, they are in excess of 17 Megabytes in size.

Yes you right. I had no problems with Nikon NEF files, but this one is strange it is showing only 960X540 in Windows 10. But when I opened in Photoshop CC the file dimension in Windows 10 changed by it self to 3992X2242, and on a screen picture is full screen. Good.
Thank you.
2018-4-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bzykac 2 Posted at 2018-4-9 03:09
Yes you right. I had no problems with Nikon NEF files, but this one is strange it is showing only 960X540 in Windows 10. But when I opened in Photoshop CC the file dimension in Windows 10 changed by it self to 3992X2242, and on a screen picture is full screen. Good.
Thank you.

The small images that are confusing you are the embeded jpg thumbnails.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, it looks like the misinformation. Is there any chance change to another PC to view the dimensions?
2018-4-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-9 19:44
Hey there, it looks like the misinformation. Is there any chance change to another PC to view the dimensions?

There is no point, Windows does not know how to interpret the files.
2018-4-9
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft

Esp windows 10............
2018-4-9
Use props
bzykac 2
lvl.2
Australia

Same card has been inserted to my laptop, and it shows the same problem. Desktop computer has Windows 8.1 and upgraded to Windows 10 (free upgrade from Microsoft), when on my laptop I have Windows 10.
On both computers I have Adobe Photoshop CC  2017 installed. I don't have same issues with Nikon .NEF files, all have same resolution, on a card, on the computer after. I think Windows only reading basic information, which should be correct no matter which file format. The only problem can be, opening that kind of file if you don't have codec or plugin installed, and none of the programs will show the picture.  
Now I opened DNG file in other programs I have, and they show in full screen, and also image properties are 3992x2242. Looks like Windows 10 not recognizing image properties properly, as Adobe is a competitors file system.
I think this problem is solved, as me or neither you will not be able to solve or fix it, and only Microsoft

Nikon files
2018-4-10
Use props
bzykac 2
lvl.2
Australia

Now I download DNG file converter from ADOBE free of charge. Will convert DNG to DNG or JPG depends on a settings, and in bulk.
  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html
Very easy
2018-4-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

bzykac 2 Posted at 2018-4-10 17:52
Now I download DNG file converter from ADOBE free of charge. Will convert DNG to DNG or JPG depends on a settings, and in bulk.
  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html
Very easy

Yes, I use that coinverter too, works fine.
2018-4-10
Use props
bzykac 2
lvl.2
Australia

I found the answer today. Only Windows Vista 32bits will support DNG files, and show the properly in Windows Photo Viewer.
None of other Windows especially 64bits will recognize this file. I have Windows10 64bits.
For other to read more info about this open a link  
How to View DNG Thumbnails in Windows   
  https://photographylife.com/how-to-view-dng-thumbnails-in-windows
Problem solved.
2018-5-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bzykac 2 Posted at 2018-5-7 18:16
I found the answer today. Only Windows Vista 32bits will support DNG files, and show the properly in Windows Photo Viewer.
None of other Windows especially 64bits will recognize this file. I have Windows10 64bits.

None of other Windows especially 64bits will recognize this file.

Correction
Any of the programs that can read a DNG file can read a DNG file.
It's got nothing to do with your operating system.
2018-5-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

bzykac 2 Posted at 2018-5-7 18:16
I found the answer today. Only Windows Vista 32bits will support DNG files, and show the properly in Windows Photo Viewer.

I have two computers running Win10 64 bit, i have had no problems have them show the thumbs out of the box, my problem is the opposite they only show the preview lowres .jpg and the properties (resolution) of that. I need to use a photo edit program in order to display the real raw pictures of the .dng files.

My Linux computers has no issues displaying all as expected and the raw is displayed as is with curves, vignetting and all, just the way they really are until edited in raw editor so yes it has a lot with the OS to do.
2018-5-7
Use props
bzykac 2
lvl.2
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2018-5-7 18:24
I found the answer today. Only Windows Vista 32bits will support DNG files, and show the properly in Windows Photo Viewer.
None of other Windows especially 64bits will recognize this file.
Correction

Yes. I agre to it. Any program that support DNG file will open DNG file, like Photoshop, or Lightroom, Polyview, and others.
But Windows 10  64bits on my computer are not. It will show only correct size, but resolution is much smaller (see first photo I included previously), then when I opened this DNG file in Windows Photo Viewer (part of the any windows) the picture is only half of the screen and blurry.
So as you said any program that will read DNG file, will read DNG file, but not Windows file system and not Windows Photo Viewer which is part of the Windows.
Any program that is supporting DNG files will read, recognize, and show correctly.
Windows has no support, and will only read basic info, and show picture at smaller resolution and blury.
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules