Mavic Air broke - DJI won't ship from or to Canary Islands
1189 15 2018-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manul
lvl.1
Spain

I got my Mavic Air exactly a week ago and was very excited to test it out. I have flown it a total of 3 times since then and had minor issues (like the Gimbal Motor Overloaded problems) which seemed to occur intermittently, but nothing major. But on Saturday I powered up the drone and it gave me a message "Processor Chip Critically overheated". The fan on the drone won't turn on anymore so it overheats pretty much as soon as I turned it on.
I was disappointed, but I understand these things happen, maybe I got a bad unit or something. I've seen a few threads with the same issue on these forums and the consensus seemed to be to just send it for repair or replacement. So I opened up a case nr. CAS-1635898-T1M2V7 and described the issue. Here's where things got interesting.
I received an email on the same day that stated the following:

We have checked your case number CAS-1635898-T1M2V7 for you to send the unit to our service center. As we have verified your shipping address is within the Santa Cruz de Tenerife Spain, we would need to have a shipping address that is within Spain mainland city for us to provide you a shipping label, or if none, we would suggest sending your unit to our service center in your own expense.

Also, we would still need an address when your unit is ready
to be shipped back from Mainland city in Spain or within EU, as UPS is unable
to reach the address you have put into your case number.

I was shocked at this to be honest. I live in the Canary Islands, which are part of Spain, which is in the EU. I don't understand how it is my problem that UPS is unable to ship here. I bought the drone from the official DJI website and it was shipped with DHL just fine. I also have DJI care. I can even ship it out on my own dime but then I have no way to get the drone back! What am I supposed to do? Move to mainland Spain just so that DJI can repair the defective drone?

I replied back with basically the same response as outlined above but haven't heard back. I contacted the DJI online support and they promised to call me back but that didn't happen yet. I am even still within the 15 day window of returning the product (as per EU law) but DJI is literally giving me no way to do this.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience, I've forwarded your case to the appropriate team for investigating, we'll have someone contact you soon, sorry again for the trouble you have been caused.
2018-4-9
Use props
Vlad Manul
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-9 05:29
Sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience, I've forwarded your case to the appropriate team for investigating, we'll have someone contact you soon, sorry again for the trouble you have been caused.

Hey,
So it's been quite a while so I thought I'd post an update.
Thanks for bringing this up Diana, they contacted the support who were trying to resolve the issue. We had some phone conversations and what we agreed to do was that i would send the drone on my expense to the DJI repair center in the Netherlands and then after being repaired DJI would send it back to me on their expense. I wasn't entirely happy with this arrangement but I figured it was the best and safest option. The other condition mentioned by the DJI support was that the drone should be shipped with a commercial shipping company, like DHL.
So I went to DHL and tried to ship the drone but they said that for some reason they don't ship electronics out of EU, since it's a local regulation or something. Basically my only option was regular post office. I contacted DJI support again and asked if regular post was OK and they said yes.
So I shipped it out on April 10th. Here's the tracking link: https://www.correos.es/ss/Satell ... umero=RF139150255ES . You can see that the Dutch office attempted delivery on the 16th but 'Recipient was absent'. Not really sure how that's possible but here we are. I tried calling the Spanish post office to get any info on the status of the parcel and they said that they cannot do anything since now the Dutch post office is responsible for delivery. I have no way of contacting the Dutch post office. What the spanish post office suggested was to ask the recipient to check their mail at the post office basically. I sent an enquiry in my case to DJI and the support said that they will not do that.
So here we are almost a month later. My case is about to be closed I guess because it's close to 30 days since I opened it and the drone is still hanging around a Dutch post office somewhere. The whole ordeal has me very disappointed with DJI drones and customer service really. Why would you sell to the Canary islands if you know it's pretty much impossible to ship the drone for repairs from here?
TL;DR: I had the drone for a week, it broke, DJI refused to get me a shipping label, I had to ship the drone on my own dime to the Netherlands and now it's stuck in a Dutch post office and not a single person in that repair center can come and pick it up. Unacceptable.

2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Vlad Manul Posted at 2018-5-2 00:22
Hey,
So it's been quite a while so I thought I'd post an update.
Thanks for bringing this up Diana, they contacted the support who were trying to resolve the issue. We had some phone conversations and what we agreed to do was that i would send the drone on my expense to the DJI repair center in the Netherlands and then after being repaired DJI would send it back to me on their expense. I wasn't entirely happy with this arrangement but I figured it was the best and safest option. The other condition mentioned by the DJI support was that the drone should be shipped with a commercial shipping company, like DHL.

Vlad, we are terribly sorry to know the issue still hasn't been sorted out, the shipping label is only available for some countries and regions, we are working on expanding our customer service. Your case will be escalated the case to the appropriate department to see if there is anything we can do for you, we will have someone to contact you in working hours, appreciate your patience.
2018-5-2
Use props
Vlad Manul
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-2 02:14
Vlad, we are terribly sorry to know the issue still hasn't been sorted out, the shipping label is only available for some countries and regions, we are working on expanding our customer service. Your case will be escalated the case to the appropriate department to see if there is anything we can do for you, we will have someone to contact you in working hours, appreciate your patience.

Thanks for escalating the issue, I hope somebody will be able to help me out soon.
I think that if the shipping label is only available in certain countries/regions and you buy the drone from these places there should be a big bright red warning screen when you buy stating that if anything happens to your drone you won't be able to ship it for repairs. I wouldn't have bought anything from DJI if I saw that warning.
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Vlad Manul Posted at 2018-5-2 02:29
Thanks for escalating the issue, I hope somebody will be able to help me out soon.
I think that if the shipping label is only available in certain countries/regions and you buy the drone from these places there should be a big bright red warning screen when you buy stating that if anything happens to your drone you won't be able to ship it for repairs. I wouldn't have bought anything from DJI if I saw that warning.

We totally understand your frustration, thanks for the suggestion, we will forward it our management department for consideration, we also hope the package will be received and the case will be sorted out soon.
2018-5-2
Use props
Vlad Manul
lvl.1
Spain

Another update: After posting to the forum 2 days ago I got 2 identical emails from the 'Supervisor Support NL' about my case indicating that the case was escalated. They had one request:

> Because I like to hear the customers story first hand instead of second hand reports and logs I will humbly request that you summarize your story to me.
> In turn I will do my best to come to a solution.

So I replied to both emails with the whole story and also added a link to this thread but I haven't heard anything back.
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Vlad Manul Posted at 2018-5-3 23:15
Another update: After posting to the forum 2 days ago I got 2 identical emails from the 'Supervisor Support NL' about my case indicating that the case was escalated. They had one request:

> Because I like to hear the customers story first hand instead of second hand reports and logs I will humbly request that you summarize your story to me.

Vlad, thanks for your update, I will inform our supervisor team to keep following up your case, please sit tight, thank you.
2018-5-4
Use props
Vlad Manul
lvl.1
Spain

Hey

So it's been almost a month since my last update, I thought I'd give another one.
I have called the Dutch post office and they informed me they couldn't deliver the drone due to a typo in the address. Apparently the post office worker in Spain wasn't paying attention. I spent the whole month of May trying to get the drone back and finally sent it out on the 30th of May. The tracking link says it has been delivered on the 7th of June. However my case CAS-1635898-T1M2V7 status still says the drone is yet to be received.
I have sent 2 emails - one on Friday and one today to confirm that the drone indeed has arrived and I haven't heard back yet.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Vlad Manul Posted at 2018-6-11 07:09
Hey

So it's been almost a month since my last update, I thought I'd give another one.

Where did you send the email to? I didn't find the email record in our system. May I have your current shipping label so that I can check the status? Thank you.
2018-6-11
Use props
Vlad Manul
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-11 19:35
Where did you send the email to? I didn't find the email record in our system. May I have your current shipping label so that I can check the status? Thank you.

I don't really have the shipping label - that was the original issue in the 1st place. Apparently the guy I was talking to was on vacation so i finally got a reply yesterday asking me which repair center I sent the drone to and the case number. I replied the other day and now waiting for updates.
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Vlad Manul Posted at 2018-6-11 23:50
I don't really have the shipping label - that was the original issue in the 1st place. Apparently the guy I was talking to was on vacation so i finally got a reply yesterday asking me which repair center I sent the drone to and the case number. I replied the other day and now waiting for updates.

Without the shipping label, I'm afraid we are unable to verify with the local team, the previous tracking number shows it has been delivered to the sender on 31 May. We would very appreciate if you could provide us the tracking number or the tracking link.
2018-6-12
Use props
Vlad Manul
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-12 01:48
Without the shipping label, I'm afraid we are unable to verify with the local team, the previous tracking number shows it has been delivered to the sender on 31 May. We would very appreciate if you could provide us the tracking number or the tracking link.

Ah, so by shipping label you mean the tracking number. I have that: http://www.correos.es/ss/Satelli ... umero=RF143509535ES . It is also in the email thread with support
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Vlad Manul Posted at 2018-6-12 02:12
Ah, so by shipping label you mean the tracking number. I have that: http://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite/site/aplicacion-4000003383089-herramientas_y_apps/detalle_app-sidioma=en_GB?numero=RF143509535ES . It is also in the email thread with support

Sorry for the confusion, I checked the case again, the package has just been checked-in our system, you should have received the email, our repair center will arrange the repair service as soon as possible, hope you will get it back soon, thanks for your patience.
2018-6-12
Use props
Vlad Manul
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-12 04:58
Sorry for the confusion, I checked the case again, the package has just been checked-in our system, you should have received the email, our repair center will arrange the repair service as soon as possible, hope you will get it back soon, thanks for your patience.

Thanks, just received the email
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Vlad Manul Posted at 2018-6-12 05:17
Thanks, just received the email

Great, please let us know if you need any further assistance.
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules