Strobes
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
__Leon_Fiebig__
lvl.3
Flight distance : 295000 ft
Slovakia

Hello guys. I love flying my P3S when its getting darker or it is already dark, becuase it makes epic images. I live in Slovakia and our country doesnt really respect drone laws at all. There is an small regional airport (closer than 3 miles) and often gliders are flying from there. My Phantom does have those original lights, but i once had a near miss with a glider and i started thinking about those flashing strobes you can put on your drone. Do you think is worth the price? I found one that is best rated and i wanted to know your ideas. Here is the link : https://mdpair.com/shop/white-strobon-cree-standalone-battery/
Thank you for your suggestions

2018-4-9
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Those Cree lights are currently the best strobes available for DJI drones. Not only are they small, they are super bright (thanks to Cree technology).

Price-wise, a few sellers have them available for $21.99. You can find those sellers in these Google search results.
2018-4-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I am very happy, using my Lume Cubes set on one of their several strobe modes. ;-)

http://www.lumecube.com/164.html

Super bright, and very well built.

RedHotPoker
2018-4-9
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft

I got some of these 3D printed mounts for the Strobon Crees that I bought.

I put a white strobe on the front and the red and green ones on the back, pointing a bit sideways.So you can tell roughly which way the drone is facing.
Pretty effective clean removable mounting solution.

Strobon Cree Standalone 3D printed mounts
2018-4-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

dorbot Posted at 2018-4-9 09:27
I got some of these 3D printed mounts for the Strobon Crees that I bought.

I put a white strobe on the front and the red and green ones on the back, pointing a bit sideways.So you can tell roughly which way the drone is facing.

I noticed they are printed with PLA, be aware that they might get brittle and crack over time, they don't like UV light (sun). Not sure why they claim that PLA has better properties than ABS as much plastic used on cars and bikes are made of ABS and last for decades ...
2018-4-9
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

@KedDK, I've sold lots of those mounts and nobody has contacted me about them cracking.

Ever use PolyMax PLA before? It doesn't crack easily like the PLA you're probably used to. Check it out if you require a strong PLA for your next printing project. You won't be disappointed.
2018-4-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

msinger Posted at 2018-4-9 09:52
@KedDK, I've sold lots of those mounts and nobody has contacted me about them cracking.

Ever use PolyMax PLA before? It doesn't crack easily like the PLA you're probably used to. Check it out if you require a strong PLA for your next printing project. You won't be disappointed.

No i have not used PLA from PolyMax but it won't change that being PLA it is made by some sort of starch and by nature biodegradable. Not the right material for products to be used outside unless you would take advantage of the compostable property.

Being 3D printed not molded it will be more porous and exposed, It might last a year or two but will become brittle and crack sooner or later. Hopefully it happen during mount/unmount and not during flight so the strobe could be lost too.

Edit: just noted that they wre sold from your site, this was not a warning against your products but the material used.
2018-4-9
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-9 22:27
No i have not used PLA from PolyMax but it won't change that being PLA it is made by some sort of starch and by nature biodegradable. Not the right material for products to be used outside unless you would take advantage of the compostable property.

Being 3D printed not molded it will be more porous and exposed, It might last a year or two but will become brittle and crack sooner or later. Hopefully it happen during mount/unmount and not during flight so the strobe could be lost too.

We're likely way off topic now, but we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I get it though. It's tough to imagine PolyMax PLA could be different than regular PLA if you've never used it. Give it a shot if you're looking to overcome the common issues you mentioned above. You'll be pleasantly surprised with the actual outcome.
2018-4-10
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

You will get my vote for those lights. I have them on both of my Phantoms and they are really helpful especially with orientatiom
2018-4-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yeah I bought mine a while back - maybe last summer?  Some guy in Pennsylvania... right up the road from me, apparently.

Good seller.  Quick shipping.  Good lights.  They're bright.  They're light weight.  No issues.  I'm happy with them.  
2018-4-10
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

I found this YouTube video and they seem very impressive.
2018-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules