Compass Calibration Not Available
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7d254887
New
United States

I just unpacked my Phantom 4 Advanced; updated all firmware, etc.; My Compass status shows "Normal" but, I have never calibrated it and it won't allow me to select it to calibrate. I don't have the same option to select "calibrate" as I've seen in videos. What can I do to get it calibrated?

2018-4-9
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can also calibrate the compass from the following section of DJI GO:

2018-4-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why do you want to calibrate your compass?
Go to the manual and check p57 to see what DJI says about when you should calibrate the compass.

There's nothing there about calibrating the compass when the Phantom is new.
And nothing about calibrating before flight.
Your compass is fine - don't mess with it.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, a message will pop us if the compass needs to be calibrated. You can also refer 2#'s suggestion to calibrate.
2018-4-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

The compass shouldn't need calibrating if the system is not prompting you.
2018-4-10
Use props
adler11
New

Portugal

I cant' see either compass calibration in settig - general - compass
2018-4-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it was me and the last calibration was in China and i lived in the US, i would most certainly want to calibrate things, well, everything for that matter, but hey, thats just me

if you dont have a manual compass, Download a compass app on your phone, go outside, calibrate the phone compass, then check to see if the phone and the drone both point to north, always calibrate the drone outside, on grass a distance away from any objects and deffo no metal, even the controller and phone away from it, if you have a e-cig keep that away whilst calibrating, many have a back thats held on by magnets....
2018-4-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-4-12 19:31
If it was me and the last calibration was in China and i lived in the US, i would most certainly want to calibrate things, well, everything for that matter, but hey, thats just me

if you dont have a manual compass, Download a compass app on your phone, go outside, calibrate the phone compass, then check to see if the phone and the drone both point to north, always calibrate the drone outside, on grass a distance away from any objects and deffo no metal, even the controller and phone away from it, if you have a e-cig keep that away whilst calibrating, many have a back thats held on by magnets....

If it was me and the last calibration was in China and i lived in the US, i would most certainly want to calibrate things, well, everything for that matter
And if it was necessary or important, the manual would tell you to .....
.... but it doesn't.
I haven't calibrated anything on my last 4 Phantoms from new and have had no issues.
Some users get a warm feeling from doing something but the fact is that you don't need to do anything.
2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules