Loosing signal
734 6 2018-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

For Easter I took the Spark and flew up to about 40' and hovered it back far enough to capture the whole back yard while we hid eggs for the kids.  Then after a battery change took off and did the same view while the kids were hunting.  My hopes is to dabble in some video editing, and I thought this would be a good project.  My issue is that I kept loosing signal, even to the point that I kept getting prompted to RTH because of the lost signal.  I kept ignoring the message and kept the remote close in case I needed to step in and fly the drone.  It hovered just fine, for the full length of the battery and seemed to respond to stick commands without delay when I was flying up and back to land.  

I had Bluetooth off and I have flown in that location since I purchased the drone.  It just seems lately for a few weeks that every flight is met with lost signal errors.  Could I have a firmware or app error that could be easily fixed.  I go to Florida next month so I want it working right, without sending it back to DJI.  I am whiling to wipe everything and put fresh software on everything to include my phone if that might help.

Any thoughts would be appreciative.  
2018-4-9
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

Oh and by Easter I meant a big family Easter just yesterday, not a week ago... I have not flown since.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Bash, please ensure that there is no interference around your drone. Please try to change an environment and try again. I would recommend you check if most channels are green before flight. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-9
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

I had the same issue. Using DJI GO 4 4.1.15 app with OTG connection between RC and my Android in airplane mode was the silver bullet for me.
2018-4-10
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-9 22:20
Bash, please ensure that there is no interference around your drone. Please try to change an environment and try again. I would recommend you check if most channels are green before flight. Thanks for your support.

The flightlogs only showed that the downlink was restored, then how many seconds it was.  I loaded it up in the same spot just to see how the channels looked and there was only 2 red channels.  I did not fly because it was snowing... can't it be spring already.... I will take it to the park in the next day or so when the weather turns and give a status update then...

Thanks
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

The Bash's Posted at 2018-4-10 19:13
The flightlogs only showed that the downlink was restored, then how many seconds it was.  I loaded it up in the same spot just to see how the channels looked and there was only 2 red channels.  I did not fly because it was snowing... can't it be spring already.... I will take it to the park in the next day or so when the weather turns and give a status update then...

Thanks

Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-4-10
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

It was a beautiful day so I took the spark out.  Perfect flying and no errors.  So good to go.  
2018-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules