A new firmware update (V2.5) is now available for A2
3747 10 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

A new firmware update (V2.5) is now available for A2. Please visit http://www.dji.com/product/a2/download to download the latest assistant software and update your A2.

Overview
All-in-One Firmware version updated to: V2.5

Major Updates:
Firmware
1   Added support for Zenmuse gimbal channel control, allowing users to control the aircraft and gimbal using a single remote.
2   Modified Home Lock control mode that creates a no-fly zone of 10m radius around Home Point.This is to prevent the pilot from becoming disorientated.
3   Added data recording for GNSS coordinates and aircraft attitude. Use the latest iOSD Data Viewer to exportthis data for post-processing.
4   Fixed PC ground station display and waypoint related issues.
5   Changed the default action for the first level voltage alarm from a flashing light to RTH.
6   Fixed heading problem during initialization when using the GPS-COMP-PRO-PLUS module.

Software
1   Added a Zenmuse channel page to the PC Assistant.
2   Display GPS SNR Health and SNR Fluctuation status in the DJI Assistant and iPad Ground Station.

User Manual
1   Added information on connecting the gimbal to the CAN2 port and relevant channel mapping.
2   Added description of GPS SNR Health and SNR Fluctuation.

Notes:
1   The gimbal’s firmwareshould be updated as below:
a)         H3-3D GCU V1.12 or above,
b)         Z15-5D GCU V2.4 or above, IMU V1.8 or above,
c)         Z15-5D Ⅱ GCU V2.4 or above, IMU V1.8 or above,
d)         Z15-GH3 GCU V2.4 or above, IMU V1.8 or above,
e)         Z15-GH4 GCU V2.4 or above, IMU V1.8 or above,
f)         Z15-BMPCC GCU V2.4 or above, IMU V1.12 or above,
g)         Z15-5N, Z15-GH2, Z15-7N and Z15-5R do not support connectionwith CAN2 port.

2   Backup parameters before each upgrade since the parameters may be reset during upgrade. When upgrade is complete, check the configuration of A2 controller unit then unlock the controller unit in A2 Assistant.

3   Once upgraded, calibration parameters saved in the A2 controller unit will be cleared. Recalibrating the IMU and the compass is required.

4   Use with the latest version of the DJI A2 Assistant Software, Ground Station and gimbal firmware.

2015-5-8
Use props
LordPikaChu
lvl.1

Poland

Are there any changes that are undocumented here? Has something been done with X8 configs loosing altitude during flight? Any fixes for copters not flying straight without offsetting MAG?
2015-5-8
Use props
maloneshaun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 319262 ft
United Kingdom

Upgraded the new firmware and now it is saying gps unit needs upgrading,but there is no upgrade!well done dji I can't fly my s900 now
2015-5-9
Use props
coinfaslab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 153343 ft
Italy

maloneshaun@roc Posted at 2015-5-10 00:47
Upgraded the new firmware and now it is saying gps unit needs upgrading,but there is no upgrade!well ...

2015-5-9
Use props
videodrone
lvl.1
Finland

Processor upgrade and I got a compass problem.
I can not calibrate longer kopassia.
Only the red LED blinks continuously.
The same problem came from two different A2
I can not fly either.
2015-5-11
Use props
HMArnold.msn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

This same thing happened when I first upgraded the firmware.

What I did was to select the blinking lock icon, and it said that because of the upgrade my MC was "LOCKED"

it then asks if you want to confirm the "unlock"

Once I did that it allowed me to begin re-entering flight parameters and to calibrate the IMU.

After that I took it outside, calibrated the compass, then flew normally

The red light scared the shit out of me
2015-5-11
Use props
maloneshaun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 319262 ft
United Kingdom

Yep this does not work! I now have two bricked a2s that will not calibrate the compass!
2015-5-13
Use props
henry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52457 ft
  • >>>
United States

How does one unlock the controller in the assistant as we are directed to do in item #2 of your notes?
Nevermind.  It was my fault.  I had a reversed control stick.  Take care.
2015-5-26
Use props
henry
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I have an S900 with Futaba sg14 controller and light bridge with gh4 zenmuse.  I did the upload and reset parameters and all works in the assistant.  When I turn on all the equipment, everything works except I can't start my motors.  Everything else appears normal.  ll firmware is updated as of yesterday.  Is my controller locked out?  Can you help me?  Thanks in advance.
Nevermind.  It was my fault.  I had a stick reversed.  
2015-5-26
Use props
henry
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi Autumn,

For future reference, when you say, "Backup parameters before each upgrade since the parameters may be reset during upgrade.", are you referring to the export configuration button on the tools tab of the assistant?
2015-5-26
Use props
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294590 ft
Mexico

Thanks! but what about newest? ... And unfortunately are not available to update for Agras. What can I do?
2019-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules