Distraught over inspire 2 purchase (stability, tilted gimbal, rep...
962 12 2018-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OHP studios
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2094921 ft

I can't even think straight at th moment. I bought this thing, trying to upgrade...  took my previous p4 drone to be modified and only now useful for search and rescue.   The inspire has never hovered within specifications, I've wasted countless hours dealing with a tilted gimbal issue. While making a video and flight log for the warranty i was sending it for, it shot up up into a flag, the flagpole was being used as a reference point...  and crashed, only to be told that it wasn't covered under warranty, just after buying a freaking cendence controller because the disticance was no where near advertised...  i don't know. at this i kinda just want a refund. I mean if the thing performed half as good as my regular old p4, i'd be happy. Right now, I hope they didn't watch the flight log well enough to make an informed decision, if this a $4,000 finished product (smh) i don't know...  
I'll update when i'm not in such a bad mood, but right now, this isn't what I exspected, i've lost 2 good jobs because it won't fly right, and hold a steady gimbal with the horizon in view.. it's cost me my reputation, i wish i would have have just kept the p4 un-moddified and used it. but, i volunteer for tons of search and recovery missions, couldn't get a discount on the m210, so i did what i could with what i had...  but the way the inspire 2 is, i basically have nothing now.   
2018-4-9
Use props
OHP studios
lvl.2

I like DJI, and I like their products.. I know guy named frank made it big with this company he created.. Here I am a little guy, struggling..
I really needed a m210 with dual gimbals to do all the volunteer work, where I am, countless ppl come up missing all the time.
I avoided buying a regular inspire, I really thought the inspire 2 would be the cat's meow. Non of the cameras I need are compatable, then the performance is sub-par.
At this point, I just don't know.
2018-4-9
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

The Inspire 2 isn't suited for SaR applications at all - you would have been better with an Inspire 1.
For that application there is little practical difference between the cameras and the option to carry a thermal imager makes the I1 much more suitable.

M210 still has a number of issues.

Not sure why you would have been that close of the flagpole when checking the gimbal out though?
Surely keeping some distance from the pole would have given you the vertical reference you needed and kept the I2 well away from hazard?

Hope you get it fixed and sorted out.
2018-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry to read on your unpleasant experience with Inspire 2, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account: CAS-1615883-W4X6S8 The quotation was sent to you directly without data analysis. I saw you have contacted our support before and data analysis will be conducted soon, your frustration will also be forwarded to the appropriate department to follow up, we apologize again for all the inconvenience that has been caused to your work, hope the issue will be sorted out soon.
2018-4-9
Use props
OHP studios
lvl.2

I went out last night and tried to recreate what happened with the p4. Took off in the same spot, and did the best I could with the same stick movements. I could not get it anywhere close to where the inspire 2 ended up. The p4 stays where it is supposed to, it doesn't move around hardly any, then the gimbal almost never tilts.   I've seen where everyone else says the inspire 2 was rock solid stable, the one I received just isn't. Then when flying, any movement whatsoever causes the image to be tilted, I have to constantly be adjusting the gimbal roll.
Thank you for confirming that the quote was without data analysis, I'm confident once the logs are checked, someone besides myself will wonder just what is this bird doing?
2018-4-10
Use props
OHP studios
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-9 23:52
We are sorry to read on your unpleasant experience with Inspire 2, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account: CAS-1615883-W4X6S8 The quotation was sent to you directly without data analysis. I saw you have contacted our support before and data analysis will be conducted soon, your frustration will also be forwarded to the appropriate department to follow up, we apologize again for all the inconvenience that has been caused to your work, hope the issue will be sorted out soon.

I emailed support.us@dji.com  a pic of the flight path with the inspire 2,  and then 2 recreations done with the phantom 4.   It replied with this request #   1077914

Thank you so much for your help Mindy.   Like I said, I love flying, I only use DJI products.
I'm at a loss as to why this particular one isn't performing right. Once I saw how much better the images where, then having the 60 frames per second really smoothed things a lot. That was great, But, yes... the tilted gimbal horizon is very frustrating, and then not getting steady video because it keeps moving around on its on, ugh...  it can make you want to pull your hair out.   
Hopefully it gets sorted out, I'm hoping that I just got one that was defective.
2018-4-10
Use props
OHP studios
lvl.2

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-4-9 22:26
The Inspire 2 isn't suited for SaR applications at all - you would have been better with an Inspire 1.
For that application there is little practical difference between the cameras and the option to carry a thermal imager makes the I1 much more suitable.

We chose the inspire 2 for speed and battery, longer flight times. And it could be used to hopefully make a profit, making up for some of what it cost.  
Unfortunately,  most of the people during the search and recovery aren't producing body heat anymore. I was telling someone recently that I would be thrilled to find a live one. I personally have never found anything. I do go out, I put forth the time and effort - but when it comes down to it... Haven't found anything yet.  
So what I did do, was change the lens on the phantom 4. It made it much worse for fun flying or filming, but much better for searching.
We did that while the inspire 2 was being shipped, would have been in a better situation if I waited, since I sold the backup phantom 4 to help offset the cost of the inspire 2.
Getting close to the flagpole, not so much... We hadn't noticed any altitude changes really. So we where calculating distance that it was off while hovering at the time. Right about the time we where done, and had figured it was about 20 feet off of where it should have been, it did something unexpected and without user input. It went up a few feet (a few feet more than it shows in the log). But yeah, it went up to flag level, where we had been flying below flag level for all the test.
I'll admit, it wasn't smartest thing. But we couldn't do what we asked earlier, had made a waypoint mission, and aborted twice because it wasn't right...  So, it was going back anyway. But I wanted to be able to show just what was going on with it, why it wasn't working how we needed it too.
2018-4-10
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

As far as the moving around, you need to check the angle of the prop arms to make sure the tips of the blades are at the same location on each side of the nose of the aircraft.  It's a very simple adjustment that just takes a few seconds to do and it makes all the difference in the world with the stability.  There is a small Allen screw on the back side of the T-connectors on the prop arms.  Don't assume that they are correct from the factory.  
The gimbal has both a self calibration located in one of the sub menus that you can run while the aircraft is sitting on level ground, but also, double clicking the C2 button(I think that's the one) will level the camera while in flight.
2018-4-10
Use props
OHP studios
lvl.2

Blackwood Posted at 2018-4-10 09:15
As far as the moving around, you need to check the angle of the prop arms to make sure the tips of the blades are at the same location on each side of the nose of the aircraft.  It's a very simple adjustment that just takes a few seconds to do and it makes all the difference in the world with the stability.  There is a small Allen screw on the back side of the T-connectors on the prop arms.  Don't assume that they are correct from the factory.  
The gimbal has both a self calibration located in one of the sub menus that you can run while the aircraft is sitting on level ground, but also, double clicking the C2 button(I think that's the one) will level the camera while in flight.

I saw the arm adjustment in another post, but it being new...  I most certainly did assume it would be factory correct, lol.   
I've done the gimbal calibration multiple times, and made adjusts in flight.
However, i hadn't been aware of double tapping the c2 button, i'll try that out in the future - thanks
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OHP studios Posted at 2018-4-10 04:37
I emailed   a pic of the flight path with the inspire 2,  and then 2 recreations done with the phantom 4.   It replied with this request #   1077914

Thank you so much for your help Mindy.   Like I said, I love flying, I only use DJI products.

I can image how frustrated you are, our analysis team will do their best to make it clear, I also hope the issue will be addressed soon, if more data is required, our support team will keep in touch with you, I will also keep an eye on it.
2018-4-11
Use props
OHP studios
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-11 02:51
I can image how frustrated you are, our analysis team will do their best to make it clear, I also hope the issue will be addressed soon, if more data is required, our support team will keep in touch with you, I will also keep an eye on it.

I've sent in plenty of information, all the way from day one.  But it does seem to be going slow.  I did receive the Cendence controller yesterday, and it looks good.
2018-4-12
Use props
OHP studios
lvl.2

WOO HOO !!!    They got the data analysis done, and it does qualify for a warranty repair.  I was sweating, it's hard to convey what is happening this isn't right sometimes, that why i was making a video of what was going on with the unit.  They do good work, so I'm sure it will be much better once it comes back. I don't know what, but something just wasn't right about this one, I hope.

I could have just paid, but I wanted to make sure they saw the problem I was having.
I had very few problems with their previous products (with exception of a firmware update forcing me to upgrade my tablet).

Thank you for handling this issue.
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OHP studios Posted at 2018-4-12 09:18
WOO HOO !!!    They got the data analysis done, and it does qualify for a warranty repair.  I was sweating, it's hard to convey what is happening this isn't right sometimes, that why i was making a video of what was going on with the unit.  They do good work, so I'm sure it will be much better once it comes back. I don't know what, but something just wasn't right about this one, I hope.

I could have just paid, but I wanted to make sure they saw the problem I was having.

Thanks for your update, glad to know the case was sorted out and I saw the drone has been shipped out, hope you will receive it soon and please keep us updated if there is any further issue. Enjoy flying.
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules