Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A new firmware update (V1.1.8) is now available for Phantom 3
4287 16 2015-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

A new firmware update (V1.1.8) is now available for Phantom 3. Please visit http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download to download and update your Phantom 3.

Overview
All-in-One Firmware version updated tov1.1.8

Major Updates
Fixed the issue of failure to update the firmware if the remote controller is turned off.

Notice
1. Users are advised to update the firmware version to v1.1.8, otherwise future firmware will not be able to install.
2. Re-link the remote controller to the aircraft if the connection is lost after the firmware update.

2015-5-8
Use props
john_barker
lvl.1

United Kingdom

There do not appear to be any release notes in the zip, do DJI have a separate link detailing the changes to new firmware etc. ?
2015-5-8
Use props
sploodge
Captain
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

http://download.dji-innovations. ... Release_Note_en.pdf

http://download.dji-innovations. ... Release_Note_en.pdf
2015-5-8
Use props
john_barker
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ah great thank you.. I wonder what ever happened to v1.1.7  tee hee  :-)
2015-5-8
Use props
sploodge
Captain
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

john_barker Posted at 2015-5-8 19:04
Ah great thank you.. I wonder what ever happened to v1.1.7  tee hee  :-)

Probably made it fall from the sky
2015-5-8
Use props
ntfa
Second Officer

United States

Huh?  A firmware to allow you to do future firmwares?  No fixes for other things like people getting ultrasound errors.  Compass errors?  Are you sure that's the only thing that this fixes?
2015-5-8
Use props
tchavalas
First Officer

United States

So...  Can you upgrade a virgin Phantom 3 straight out of the box to 1.1.8 or do you need to install 1.1.6 before attempting to upgrade to 1.1.8?

That is an important question we need to have answered.
2015-5-8
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

tchavalas@panos Posted at 2015-5-8 23:52
So...  Can you upgrade a virgin Phantom 3 straight out of the box to 1.1.8 or do you need to install ...

no you can directly update the latest FW, those are always full updates, it doesnt matter which version you had
2015-5-8
Use props
mswall
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

...  and what they SAY it fixes/addresses is never really EVERYTHING that it fixes/addresses....  they are reading ALL these forums and fixing problems constantly - I guarantee.  which makes me only hope that by the time my P3A finally arrives, the bumps in the road will be a thing of the past.  the same thing happened with my P2V+, by the time I got one it operated very well - but I had to sell it for $$ towards the P3A.
2015-5-8
Use props
ianbradbury34
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218435 ft
Malta

A firmware that is essential with no real updates?  
Or a firmware with a fix to a bug they don't want to admit to?
2015-5-8
Use props
tchavalas
First Officer

United States

ianbradbury34@h Posted at 2015-5-9 01:49
A firmware that is essential with no real updates?  
Or a firmware with a fix to a bug they don't wa ...

Either way...   If it improves performance and reduces the risk of a crash.... I am in.
2015-5-8
Use props
Jim.young04
lvl.1

United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-5-9 01:03
no you can directly update the latest FW, those are always full updates, it doesnt matter which ve ...

It says in the info that future updates cannot be installed without this current version though. which means they are saying if you get a phantom 2 weeks from now and they have since come out with another firmware, you have to install this first.

And yes, this is a bizarre explanation; fixes not being able to update while the controller is off? I'm pretty sure my controller was off last time i updated just my drone.
2015-5-8
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do you Re-link the remote controller to the aircraft if the connection is lost after the firmware update? I don't see this on the guide?
2015-5-8
Use props
bestfhorn1
Flight distance : 823583 ft
United States

raiedzeidan@gma Posted at 2015-5-9 03:44
How do you Re-link the remote controller to the aircraft if the connection is lost after the firmwar ...

Page 28 - http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf
2015-5-8
Use props
shaggyhoyle1
lvl.3
United States

I downloaded the file to the Mem. Card   installed it, then turned on the P3    How do I know if it has taken effect .   All I am getting from the  PDF is that once its taken effect  you will hear a  D..DD        HUH ?
2015-5-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

shaggyhoyle1@gm Posted at 2015-5-9 05:39
I downloaded the file to the Mem. Card   installed it, then turned on the P3    How do I know if it  ...

Listen to the beeps from the camera.  While updating it will beep 4 times.  When it is done it will beep once pause and beep twice and repeat until you turn it off.  Remove the SD card and check it on your computer there is a txt file.  You should see success or abort both indicate you have upgraded.
2015-5-8
Use props
shaggyhoyle1
lvl.3
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-9 05:45
Listen to the beeps from the camera.  While updating it will beep 4 times.  When it is done it wil ...

Got it     Thank You for the reply   
2015-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules