49964 16 2018-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RJR8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 745761 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed there is a microphone on the top portion of the plus contoller built in screen but no instruction on how it is used..Any suggestions from experienced users ?? Thanks

2018-4-10
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

What exactly are you wanting to do with the microphone?
2018-4-10
Use props
RJR8
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-4-10 02:53
What exactly are you wanting to do with the microphone?

Record narration on flight
2018-4-10
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

You enable the 'Cache locally when recording', below is the option to also enable the sound recording. sorry i don't have any pictures.
The sound will only be recorded to the local low quality cache file, not the hi-res files in the drone.

Edit: i might also add that it might of no use at all, there was some issues with the sound being only noise but hopefully this has been fixed long time ago.
2018-4-10
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

@RJR8, in addition to the setting @KedDK noted above, you'll also need to enable the ''Record Audio With Video Cache'' setting in the following section of DJI GO:

2018-4-10
Use props
RJR8
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-4-10 03:22
@RJR8, in addition to the setting @KedDK noted above, you'll also need to enable the ''Record Audio With Video Cache'' setting in the following section of DJI GO:

[view_image]

Thank You ...
2018-4-10
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft

I usually just get static. its only ever recorded sound a few times and I have no idea why.
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, the sound will only be recorded in the video cache of the APP. You can enable Record Audio with Video Cache to check.
2018-4-10
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Here is a link for one of the threads where issues with the sound was  discussed, more threads are out there but hard to find.
I sure hope it has been fixed, think there was a note of the sound recording in one of the release notes during the late summer + updates. But i can't confirm as the release notes in the download section lack a lot of information and releases.
2018-4-11
Use props
RJR8
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-11 00:15
Here is a link for one of the threads where issues with the sound was  discussed, more threads are out there but hard to find.
I sure hope it has been fixed, think there was a note of the sound recording in one of the release notes during the late summer + updates. But i can't confirm as the release notes in the download section lack a lot of information and releases.

Thank You everybody for your replies, I've decided not to use it..
2018-4-11
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft

lol.The solution is to ignore the problem.
Nice!

2018-4-11
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

RJR8 Posted at 2018-4-11 06:42
Thank You everybody for your replies, I've decided not to use it..

Did you test it and found it don't work or why wouldn't you use it, sounded like you needed the function?
2018-4-11
Use props
RJR8
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-11 14:46
Did you test it and found it don't work or why wouldn't you use it, sounded like you needed the function?

I would have used it if there was decent sound.. Will use a work-around..Thanks
2018-4-11
Use props
userjimb4250
New
United States

I tried the microphone on the Phantom 4 Pro plus-had the same issues-wouldn't work. What I did was-ordered a box from Cloner Alliance (HDML Cloner Box Turbo-you can spend more for a more deluxe one-but this works). I can capture the 1980 resolution from the HDMI port of the remote control, it also has a microphone input (you have to use a stereo microphone). Youn use a flash drive in the clone box, turn it on & it will record everything including audio from the mic-on to the flash drive. It won't record at 4K, but the video is still decent.
2018-12-2
Use props
userjimb4250
New
United States

I tried the microphone on the Phantom 4 Pro plus-had the same issues-wouldn't work. What I did was-ordered a box from Cloner Alliance (HDML Cloner Box Turbo-you can spend more for a more deluxe one-but this one works). It can capture the 1980 resolution from the HDMI port (goggles port-but you can still use it without the goggles) of the remote control, it also has a microphone input (you have to use a stereo microphone). You use a flash drive in the clone box, turn the box on, press the record button & it will record everything including audio from the mic-on to the flash drive. It won't record at 4K, but the video is still decent. Then you can take the flash drive out of the cloner box, and you will have a mpg4 video with audio to view on your computer-works for me!
2018-12-2
Use props
userjimb4250
New
United States

I tried the microphone on the Phantom 4 Pro plus-had the same issues-wouldn't work. What I did was-ordered a box from Cloner Alliance (HDML Cloner Box Turbo-you can spend more for a more deluxe one-but this one works). It can capture the 1980 resolution from the HDMI port (goggles port-but you can still use it without the goggles) of the remote control, it also has a microphone input (you have to use a stereo microphone). You use a flash drive in the clone box, turn the box on, press the record button & it will record everything including audio from the mic-on to the flash drive. It won't record at 4K, but the video is still decent. Then you can take the flash drive out of the cloner box, and you will have a mpg4 video with audio to view on your computer-works for me!
2018-12-2
Use props
RJR8
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

userjimb4250 Posted at 12-2 19:42
I tried the microphone on the Phantom 4 Pro plus-had the same issues-wouldn't work. What I did was-ordered a box from Cloner Alliance (HDML Cloner Box Turbo-you can spend more for a more deluxe one-but this one works). It can capture the 1980 resolution from the HDMI port (goggles port-but you can still use it without the goggles) of the remote control, it also has a microphone input (you have to use a stereo microphone). You use a flash drive in the clone box, turn the box on, press the record button & it will record everything including audio from the mic-on to the flash drive. It won't record at 4K, but the video is still decent. Then you can take the flash drive out of the cloner box, and you will have a mpg4 video with audio to view on your computer-works for me!

Thanks everyone, I sold the drone many months ago...
2018-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules