Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gesture Control - Follow/Beckon
407 10 2018-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charliejspark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 286654 ft
United Kingdom

Some help from you experts please.
I was practicing Gesture control  and got Spark into follow me mode which it did for a sort while and then lost me.  It hovered front lights flashing yellow and also kept turning to face me'  but not coming any closer or further away. Everthing I did to  beckon it or get it to recognose me again failed and evetually I just had to wait for the battery to run out and Spark to land.  Whathould I have done to get it to come back?
As an afternote when she finally landed it had been i the air 15.4 minutes!
2018-4-10
Use props
dj_dread
Captain
Flight distance : 622093 ft
Romania

for beckon you need to raise your hands up in the air and form an "Y". hold that position for 2-3 seconds. the front LEDs will flash and it will descend and come to you.
did you move towards Spark to be sure you are "seen"? if it's too far it will not recognize the sign.
2018-4-10
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Captain
Flight distance : 348881 ft
United States

Do you have the remote control?  Is your cellphone or tablet paired?  When I've done similar in the past, I just grab the phone or remote control and land it.
2018-4-10
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft

It only follows you for 10 m.  Then it stops, and nothing re-establishes connection.
Keep it paired to phone/rc, but then gesture command is pointless.
2018-4-10
Use props
Charliejspark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

dj_dread Posted at 2018-4-10 09:53
for beckon you need to raise your hands up in the air and form an "Y". hold that position for 2-3 seconds. the front LEDs will flash and it will descend and come to you.
did you move towards Spark to be sure you are "seen"? if it's too far it will not recognize the sign.

I did all of that many times over but she just kept looking at me wherever I was and flashing yellow and not moving other than round and round to follow where I was!!
2018-4-10
Use props
Charliejspark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bright Spark Posted at 2018-4-10 10:22
It only follows you for 10 m.  Then it stops, and nothing re-establishes connection.
Keep it paired to phone/rc, but then gesture command is pointless.

Ah that's news - you see YOUtube videos with people being followed for miles!
Good idea to have RC on etc as back up - I did not on this occasion.  A step ladder would have been more use to get up and catch it.
2018-4-10
Use props
Charliejspark
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RobertWSimpson Posted at 2018-4-10 10:11
Do you have the remote control?  Is your cellphone or tablet paired?  When I've done similar in the past, I just grab the phone or remote control and land it.

On this occasion no - I had a few spare moments so Spark and I took off together to train me, but she let me down.
Rather loses the point if you have to have the RC on when using gesture, but is probably wise.
2018-4-10
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Captain
Flight distance : 348881 ft
United States

It's never unwise to have a safety net until you are 100% certain of what you're doing.
2018-4-10
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft

It follows for great distances when you use follow me in quickshots, but sadly not in gesture mode
2018-4-10
Use props
The Bash's
Second Officer

United States

Bright Spark Posted at 2018-4-10 14:03
It follows for great distances when you use follow me in quickshots, but sadly not in gesture mode

I used active track in quickshots and drove laps around a parking lot and it just followed along like a little puppy dog.  I have done that about a dozen times and every time it went the full length of the battery without fail.  I have not tried gesture mode.  
2018-4-10
Use props
Charliejspark
Second Officer

All useful comments. Thanks
2018-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules