Review: Smatree DJI Spark Battery Charger Portable Charging Station
3489 7 2018-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Koogs
lvl.2
United States

Hi,
I've been lurking here for a while and have posted a bit on  the Sparkpilots forum.

I wanted to post my experience with the new Smatree battery charging station.  I'm somewhat new to the spark and haven't tried other battery charging stations, however, I have read the reviews of the DJI station as well as some of the complaints surrounding the old Smatree product.

I'm very happy with the portable battery charger. It charges much quicker than the standard charger. I like the capacity of being able to charge 3 batteries at a time. Additionally, it is great to have the portable charger function and be able to charge while away from power. Its also helpful that it can charge the controller with the USB port, or your phone. it was packaged nicely coming with a bag to hold all the parts.
I've purchased a number of Smatree products over the years for my Gopro and have always been happy with their quality. They always seem a cut above what else is on the market. This product has the same high quality feel and function.

2018-4-10
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

i concur with your story.
i have a Spark Portable Charging Station and it's awesome! it can charge the three batteries, one by one, but still, it's great.
thanks for the feedback!
2018-4-10
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I have the Smatree...my second one (the first took about 15 hours to charge versus the new, updated model which takes about 4 hours)...not only can you charge three batteries in about 50 minutes, you can then charge three more for a total of six on the same Smatree charge.  And I can be flying on one battery while charging my other three.  It's also smaller by far than the DJI product which is great for travel and hiking.  
2018-4-10
Use props
ped078
lvl.4
Flight distance : 565794 ft
United Kingdom

You guys have seen the reviews for that thing...haven't you??
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smatree ... oller/dp/B075K2VBNN
2018-4-10
Use props
Koogs
lvl.2
United States

ped078 Posted at 2018-4-10 11:21
You guys have seen the reviews for that thing...haven't you??
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smatree-Intelligent-Parallel-Charging-Controller/dp/B075K2VBNN

I have seen those reviews.  I have the "new" design which is supposed to fix the issues.  Time will tell on whether it has the same issues that others had with the first one.

2018-4-10
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

I toyed with idea of the Smartree device but chose to spend a little extra on this device.

Portable powerbank.

I use it for purposes other than charging the Spark’s batteries. In testing out in the field I charged 8 Spark  batteries, two 5000mAh 3s Lipos and two 2200mAh 4s packs, and an iPad Air from a single charge. Looking internally it has the required protections for such things as short circuit, overcharge, and high temperature protection.

Looking at th the current listing it appears they have increased the price as I paid just over £100 a few months back.

2018-4-10
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

I debated between the two but went with the DJI charging station mainly because it also acts as case/ guard for when travelling.   It seems like feature wise the Smatree is the better product, but Charing 3 batteries sequentially is good enough for my purposes.
2018-4-10
Use props
epoweredrc
lvl.2
United States

So this charger is really good? I had gotten one off amazon it was the 4 port charger but it was DOA. so its going back and i really would like something portable.
How do you have to charge this one back up? is there a way to charge it from a USB in the car or does it have to be plugged back into the wall outlet?
6 chargers would be good most of the time unless i was at a event for the weekend witch happens sometimes. would like to be able to charge the main pack back up..

Thanks
2019-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules