Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Night Flight
1676 21 2018-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sky6105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

I bet most of the Drone flights take place during the day VLOS I guess because of filming videos and maybe your laws.
Durng the day do most of you even look down at the little red triangle and the way it is facing.
I have been doing a lot of night flying and relying on the little red drone triangle to get me back home it sure has made me a
better flyer and a lot more calmer when flying and putting more trust in the DJI product. I have never had to use RTH after practicing flying at night.
Plus I use the strobe when flying at night that still doesnt tell you which way you are facing.
DJI hasn't failed me yet. I am flying the Mavic Air.

2018-4-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Durng the day do most of you even look down at the little red triangle and the way it is facing.

I have last two times I flew.  Thanks to a bigger screen that let me see the little red triangle.
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Be careful if you want to fly at night. Please fly in a place with sufficent light. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-10
Use props
sky6105
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-10 08:21
Be careful if you want to fly at night. Please fly in a place with sufficent light. Thanks for your support.

Large field safety always comes first.
2018-4-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-10 08:06

I have last two times I flew.  Thanks to a bigger screen that let me see the little red triangle.

Every time I fly
2018-4-10
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not sure I would contemplate flying our Air at night, but fair play to you for doing night flights. Look forward to seeing your footage in due course.
2018-4-10
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

I was never flying in night so far, but I'm sure I will no resist to do some night videos. So far red triangle was every time accurate for me despite flying only during day.
2018-4-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-10 08:49
Not sure I would contemplate flying our Air at night, but fair play to you for doing night flights. Look forward to seeing your footage in due course.

I would love to fly at night and have considered it but like you have never done it.
2018-4-10
Use props
sky6105
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-4-10 09:14
I would love to fly at night and have considered it but like you have never done it.

I started in small steps flew out went to a safe height just in case I got turned around.  I came back using the red triangle and with the Air being loud I knew I was going the right direction.
I kept doing this and went further and further this may of taken a few weeks but I feel good about it now.
If I do get confused I let go of the sticks let it hover then start again.
2018-4-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sky6105 Posted at 2018-4-10 10:43
I started in small steps flew out went to a safe height just in case I got turned around.  I came back using the red triangle and with the Air being loud I knew I was going the right direction.
I kept doing this and went further and further this may of taken a few weeks but I feel good about it now.
If I do get confused I let go of the sticks let it hover then start again.

Good work - though my concern wouldn't be building confidence in flying it - I've successfully orientated my drone back to me from a mile away in 30MPH winds before (a long time ago) but the fact that flying a drone outside of daylight hours may get me into trouble with the law here.
2018-4-10
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hi.

I have flown often at night to make still images without any problems. It's significantly easier to see how the drones turn at night because of the light on your arms and back. In fact, you can have one's drone within VLOS at much greater distance at night as opposed to the day.

Denmark is one of the few countries in the world that allows night flights with drones and model aircraft.

Fly safely, Leif
2018-4-10
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

I fly at night often and even use the programmable button to turn off the red LEDs to be in stealth mode.
This brings much less attention to the bird.
I don't care for audiences or curious onlookers.
I will turn them back on when bringing her down so I can see where it is.

This is an Air, and I turn off the OA because with it on, there are hundreds of warnings popping up.
2018-4-10
Use props
sky6105
lvl.4
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-4-10 13:56
I fly at night often and even use the programmable button to turn off the red LEDs to be in stealth mode.
This brings much less attention to the bird.
I don't care for audiences or curious onlookers.

I noticed all the pop ups never thought of turning them off.
2018-4-10
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rewarding yeah but you broke so many laws and you endangered so many people, almost hit several buildings, flew over I95, and dirty birds like you are causing more restrictions and more laws on drone operators.

2018-4-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

dronist Posted at 2018-4-10 19:39
Rewarding yeah but you broke so many laws and you endangered so many people, almost hit several buildings, flew over I95, and dirty birds like you are causing more restrictions and more laws on drone operators.

Totally Agree.
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

sky6105 Posted at 2018-4-10 08:39
Large field safety always comes first.

You are right. Safety comes first!
2018-4-10
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-4-10 23:58
Needless to say we won't be seeing any night flights from dronist.  Or flying over roads.

Drone on...

Better hope that Baltimore police or the FAA won't stumble on your video...

Drone On dude... but Safely !
2018-4-11
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I third that we have enough laws on the book already. Imagine the headlines:

PHANTOM 4 NIGHT CRUISING AND CRASHING IN BALTIMORE!

They will have a field's  day with it.
2018-4-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

dronist Posted at 2018-4-11 09:02
I third that we have enough laws on the book already. Imagine the headlines:

PHANTOM 4 NIGHT CRUISING AND CRASHING IN BALTIMORE!

No doubt. Being RECKLESS  only hurts the hobby .
2018-4-11
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-4-11 10:45
Not sure what you actually achieve with all those drones, but they sure make for an impressive avatar parked on the ground.

I like to fly mine.

Are you serious dude???

So you think breaking the law and endangering people lives and property is the right thing to do with your drones ???

I guess you looked at my photos so definitely these drones went up but I don't show off and act  like you know what.    

Did you ever look at the Airmap for Baltimore? It is literally blanketed with helipads warning 10 to be exact, plus 1 FAA TFR, 2 DJI NFZs  but I guess you are the DIRTY BIRD, I can fly anytime anywhere and I don't care if I risk killing people in the air and or on the ground .... You are really

Like I said, sooner or later they are going to catch up to you and the more videos you post the more chances they will get to you faster and then will see how funny all this is to you...

Drone - On dude

2018-4-11
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-4-11 11:39
Thanks for your concern.

Dude... No problem!  
2018-4-11
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

I think DB's flights were autonomous and flown some time back. Things change, and people get a bit triggered - in the end it really is each individual's personal responsibility when flying their drone(s).  Consider also that companies like Amazon are actively pursuing autonomous drone deliveries, which inevitably will criss-cross the space we fly in too - presumably there will be restrictions on what items can be transported this way.
2018-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules