My Terrible, No Good, Usless Crystal Sky Support Experience
1910 12 2018-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Parzival
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3775476 ft
United States

I received my M210RTK Monday the 9th of April and spent the day upgrading firmware and preparing the M210RTKfor its first flight, expected and normal. But, I did not know that the CrystalSky is a closed Android system without the ability to install third party applications. Google Play is not installed, I could install it myself from a downloaded apk, but I think that might break other applications and void the warranty. I use PIX4D to produce GeoTiff's and I need as much accuracy as possible, which according to DJI is why the M210RTK exists. I must have programable waypoint flying to produce an  accurate map, such as GSPro, Drone Deploy, UgCS or PIX4D.

Upon contacting DJI Enterprise support, I was told that the CrystalSky was still in development and GSPro wasn’t available and no time frame for when GSPro might be released for Android. DJI’s answer was: “You should purchase a iPad if you want to use GSPro”   WTF, that is about the most arrogant response imaginable, I just spent $15,000+ for a system that DOES NOT WORK.

I asked to speak with a supervisor, and of course I was put on hold, after holding the requisite five minutes, the supervisor is unavailable. What a Shock. And I’m promised a phone call that will never come.

CAVEAT EMPTOR RULES AT DJI

2018-4-10
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Welcome to the Matrice 210 world ! You'll discorver the joy to not be able to use RTK accurate by writting RTK position in your pictures, the joy of Cendence and its several unless buton because software doesn't able to param them with usefull features, the joy of not be able to zoom with Cendence and Z30, the joy to not be able to use GSpro with dual gimbal and many issues, the joy of batteries errors during a flight, and I hope not, but maybe the joy of GPS/Compas discconection when using TB55 or heavy load (dual camera) or high wind or Sport/ATTI mod flying high speed. Anyway, welcome on this forum, almost everyday we discover a new issue and a new DJI lies about promised features !

But don't worry, as Mindy would say: Please wait new firmware will be released very soon...
And they really appologize !
2018-4-10
Use props
Parzival
lvl.3
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-4-10 10:38
Welcome to the Matrice 210 world ! You'll discorver the joy to not be able to use RTK accurate by writting RTK position in your pictures, the joy of Cendence and its several unless buton because software doesn't able to param them with usefull features, the joy of not be able to zoom with Cendence and Z30, the joy to not be able to use GSpro with dual gimbal and many issues, the joy of batteries errors during a flight, and I hope not, but maybe the joy of GPS/Compas discconection when using TB55 or heavy load (dual camera) or high wind or Sport/ATTI mod flying high speed. Anyway, welcome on this forum, almost everyday we discover a new issue and a new DJI lies about promised features !

But don't worry, as Mindy would say: Please wait new firmware will be released very soon...

Thanks for the welcome Yoyoamn, the compass issue is a very frightening issue for me because the of the sensitive environment that I normally fly in (Arctic) and even if the drone were to land automatically, if it's away from the home location the drone is probably lost.
2018-4-10
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Parzival Posted at 2018-4-10 10:53
Thanks for the welcome Yoyoamn, the compass issue is a very frightening issue for me because the of the sensitive environment that I normally fly in (Arctic) and even if the drone were to land automatically, if it's away from the home location the drone is probably lost.

You should done test to be sure your UAV is not infected by this issue.
The risky is: GPS drift and/or GPS switched to ATTI mode temporarily or permanently and then you have to land in ATTI, fly away, RTH not working.

You guarantee says: in the first 15 days from the day you received the M210, if you notice issues you can ask for Refund or replacement. After that, you can only ask for repair or replacement with used part/drone.
2018-4-10
Use props
Parzival
lvl.3
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-4-10 11:04
You should done test to be sure your UAV is not infected by this issue.
The risky is: GPS drift and/or GPS switched to ATTI mode temporarily or permanently and then you have to land in ATTI, fly away, RTH not working.

I did not know about the 15 days, thanks for the warning. Any suggestion on how to test for GPS/Compass issue???
2018-4-10
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Parzival Posted at 2018-4-10 11:14
I did not know about the 15 days, thanks for the warning. Any suggestion on how to test for GPS/Compass issue???

About the 15 days... Unfortunatly, I've discovered that when I sent my M210 to DJI Repair Center. You can see that during the process if you simulate a new case for M210 product on the DJI Repair Center website.

About how to test... my experience:
I've started without unexpensive payload X4S.... and with 3 TB50 set and without the external upper GPS.

First, I tried to accelerate to reach max speed, and also to throttle max. I flew "hardly" using a lot of power. Do not go too far.
2nd test: Fly in ATTI mod and try to reach max speed (in ATTI Drones use more power and can fly faster) and be aware of red warning message which could appear on the upper left coner of DJI GO 4. Sometimes it doesn't happen, or it take time to happen (around 40% batteries) sometimes it happen many times, and quickly.. it depends... you have to test with all your batteries.

3nd test: Use TB55 and do the 1rst and 2cnd test.

Get a good breakfast because this will be a stressfull session !
Ask someone to record you and record your CS screen (we can't Screen Record with CS like we do with Ipad......)
Also, choose a day with no wind, because if you get permanent GPS disconection you will have to land in ATTI mod.
Everytime you have to be ready to quickly switch in ATTI mod if issue happens.

Error can me named: Compas error / GPS error / IMU error.
Error can have several symptoms....

If issue happens, get your log, and give them to your dealer and manage to sent it as soon as possible.
We think the issue happens by using too much power on motor (due to wind, high speed, payload, battery) but we do not have any informations from DJI.
2018-4-10
Use props
Pawell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 990256 ft
Poland

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-4-10 11:29
About the 15 days... Unfortunatly, I've discovered that when I sent my M210 to DJI Repair Center. You can see that during the process if you simulate a new case for M210 product on the DJI Repair Center website.

You can record the screen by sideloading an app like AZ recorder (we've used it with limited success)
As for the testing method and suspected issues - I've come to the same conclusion. Too much current going through a poorly shielded cable. DJI tried fixing this be reducing the max speed of the aircraft, but as soon as wind comes into play the issues come back. (our unit always has GPS issues in Sport mode, and 80-90%  in P mode)
2018-4-11
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Well, don't panic for now, but - indeed - do basic tests ASAP as mentioned by others. My first M200 was not really flyable due to persistent Compass Error issue. Replacement is flying fine by far, although I'm using TB50 batteries only for my single X5S camera setup. Test your bird in baby steps and be prepared for controlling her in Atti mode if GPS lock is lost as a result of compass error. Obviously perform careful IMU and compass calibrations first, don't trust factory calibrations. The problems may appear or may not.
If any, don't waste your time and demand replacement immediately.

That's not related to CS capability to accept 3-rd party apps, a separated issue which may or may be not addressed by DJI in future. For now you're limited to well proven iOS devices to carry your tasks with M210 RTK, I believe.
2018-4-11
Use props
Parzival
lvl.3
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-4-11 13:39
Well, don't panic for now, but - indeed - do basic tests ASAP as mentioned by others. My first M200 was not really flyable due to persistent Compass Error issue. Replacement is flying fine by far, although I'm using TB50 batteries only for my single X5S camera setup. Test your bird in baby steps and be prepared for controlling her in Atti mode if GPS lock is lost as a result of compass error. Obviously perform careful IMU and compass calibrations first, don't trust factory calibrations. The problems may appear or may not.
If any, don't waste your time and demand replacement immediately.

Thanks for the update; I'm planning to go test as soon as weather permits.
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our products, I would like to explain something.
1. Currently, we only have GS Pro iOS version, which means, the GS Pro can only be installed into iPad. Our engineers are working on developing Android version, therefore, even though the CrystalSky, there is no GS Pro, please note the future release.
2. The CrystalSky is designed specifically for DJI customized Android system. To ensure system stability, the CrystalSky does not support Google service framework, so Google Play cannot be installed.
3. For the compass issue of M210, our engineers will release a firmware to get it optimized, we would appreciate your patience for the release.
4. We apologize on behalf of our support team about the unpleasant experience, could you please PM me your number which you are used to contact our support so that we could make an investigation and keep improving our customer service? Thank you.
2018-4-12
Use props
dxtrty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3566 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

About the 15 days... Unfortunatly, I've discovered that when I sent my M210 to DJI Repair Center. You can see that during the process if you simulate a new case for M210 product on the DJI Repair Center website.

You can make Scrn shots with the Side button F1 or F2 on your CS .. read your manual
2018-5-2
Use props
dxtrty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3566 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

You can make Scrn shots with the Side button F1 or F2 on your CS .. read your manual
2018-5-2
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

dxtrty Posted at 2018-5-2 12:46

read my post, at the moment you can't RECORD the CS's screeen without 3rd part App.
CS only ables to make picture "screenshot", nothing about video.
2018-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules