Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello everybody.

For those who want or would like to come to Italy and bring their drones, even if I already posted the basic regulations for a safe flying, I post again, because I think that sometimes a refresh is needed.

So, from Dronezine:

FLY DRONES IN ITALY FOR FUN: WHAT YOU CAN, WHAT YOU CAN’T       
Italy is a lovely place for enjoy your drone and take pics from the sky. But remind, there are laws you must respect for a safe and lawful fly. In the past, there was some accidents involving tourists and drones, they flew in places not suitable for this outdoor activity, and went in troubles. Please, READ THIS BEFORE FLY YOUR DRONE IN ITALY. There are just few rules, easy to understand and easy to follow.
Have a good time with your drone in our country.
NOTE: The following rules are for amateur and enthusiasts only.
For professional UAV flight, check here.
CAN I FLY A DRONE WITHOUT LICENCE OR AUTHORIZATION?
Sure you can. In Italy you can fly any kind model airplane or drone, until weight is less than 25 kg (55 pounds) and power is under 15 KW: It means all the usual, commercial drones are allowed to fly under flying model rules. A flying model may never be used for work: it’s strictly forbidden for hobbyists any use but sport and leisure only.
Everybody can fly for amusement and sport, even if underaged, and without any license. Insurance is not mandatory for hobbyists, but it’s strongly recommended. Please check before leave if your insurance cover European Union countries. Usually they does.
HOW CAN I FLY?
In Italy you must fly your drone seeing it during the whole flight. You can use automatic navigation, RTH and similar functions only if you can see your drone, without any device but your eyes (and, of course, optical glasses if needed) and you can take the commands anytime. If you want to enjoy VR googles and/or FPV devices, you must have a buddy pilot that can see and fly the drone anytime.
Your drone must remain closer than 200 meters (650 feet)  away from you, and max 70 meters (230 feet) high.
WHERE CAN I FLY?
You can fly daytime in any place where there is no people around, far away from houses, roads, railroads and so on. You must keep safe distance from people and buildings. Its’s strictly forbidden to fly over people.  Please, never try to take pictures from above flying inside our art cities:Venice is wonderful from the sky, that’s true, but in the past we had seen too much drones hitting San Marco’s church and fell over crowd: the local police is trained to stop any attempts to fly inside cities, and you may face criminal offence if you fly here.
WHERE I CAN’T FLY?
In Italy you must not fly in towns, and your drone must stay 5 km (3 miles) away from airports. You must not fly in the CTR airport zone (you can download the free Android app Italian Airspace Lite to know where CTR are). It’s forbidden fly over schools, hospitals, jail, industrial and military settings and any “sensitive infrastructure”.
You must not fly over beaches during bathing season (usually from June, 15th to September, 15th) and you must not fly over nature reserve and national parks, it’s prohibited and you may harm wildlife.
CAN I TAKE PICTURE FROM MY DRONE?
Sure you can, and you can post it on any social network. But these shots must be for your amusement only and you can’t sell your drone footage or embed it into a professional work. Take in mind other people privacy rights. Italy adopt the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) law to ensure people’s privacy. This means you can take shots of people being in the landscape, but you must not take picture of people in their home, workspaces and private spaces. If so, you must have their permission. Newer annoy people with your drone, never follow people flying, and respect private property.
RESPECT LOCAL AUTHORITIES INSTRUCTIONS
In some areas, drone activity may be restricted by temporary rules. Please follow instructions by local police or authorities.
Have good flights.

2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing this and learn a lot from it.
2018-4-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great info to know
2018-4-12
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Really helpful information as I will be going to Italy next month! Cheers!
2018-4-12
Use props
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Everybody's welcome.
2018-4-12
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer