Software update
1405 6 2018-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EMTDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247933 ft
United States

Hey guys!!  I have a quick question... When I connect to my Spark and then open up the DJI GO 4 app, the app checks for a firmware update... and keeps searching.  I am assuming that this is due to me being connected to the Spark Wifi?  Does anyone know if an android device using 4g LTE on Verizon is capable of using the 4G service while connected as wifi to something else?  It doesn't affect me flying the Spark, it just worries me that I will develop and issue when flying.  
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please tell me the model of your device. I would recommend you use IOS device to fly your spark so that you can use wifi and mobile data at the same time. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-10
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-10 22:43
Please tell me the model of your device. I would recommend you use IOS device to fly your spark so that you can use wifi and mobile data at the same time. Thanks for your support.

3#

I am using an android Moto play z.  I have been using it and have never had an issue checking for updates (At least I don't believe so).  I turned on my spark now and noticed this issue.   
2018-4-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Why did you want to use wifi and mobile data at the same time? Did you want to have live stream with spark?
2018-4-11
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-11 00:10
Why did you want to use wifi and mobile data at the same time? Did you want to have live stream with spark?

I would love to use the live stream at some point, but my issue was checking for and then updating the firmware on my Spark and batteries.  When I connect my Spark and then enter the app, I get the blue bar on the top saying "Checking firmware" or something to the regard and then it just stays there... finally It will time out and then go away.  It never says if its good or not.  When I go to check for an update in the app it also does nothing.  This firmware question brings up another issue.  (I just posted about it).  When I tried to fly today, I got a "IMU calibration" message.  I completed the calibration as instructed (which took literally 30 minutes) and as soon as I took off after restarting the drone, it flew into a building and cracked the lens on my camera.  
2018-4-11
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.3
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-11 00:10

My Spark powers on after this crash and says its ready for takeoff, but I am afraid to do so.  The image now lags EXTREMELY bad and the Spark keeps saying "Aircraft disconnected" and then reconnects.  It goes through this cycle over and over.  
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

EMTDad Posted at 2018-4-11 00:27
My Spark powers on after this crash and says its ready for takeoff, but I am afraid to do so.  The image now lags EXTREMELY bad and the Spark keeps saying "Aircraft disconnected" and then reconnects.  It goes through this cycle over and over.

In this case, I would recommend you send it back for check: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.
2018-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules