Phantom 4 Pro P4P not flying straight (yaw drift)
11923 50 2018-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyinLo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7004009 ft
United States

I will start a new thread but my problem is that my drone is yawing during mapping missions.  It flies the designated flight path but the photos are rotated because my P4P is yawing while it is flying the autonomous mission.  I have done imu and compass calibration with no luck.  The folks here are having problems flying manually and I suspect what every is causing the yaw is the same problem, it is just that the autonomous flight keeps it heading in the correct flight path, albeit rotated on the z axis.  Any idea will be appreciated.
2019-1-21
Use props
FlyinLo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7004009 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-11 03:03
Hey there, could you upload some original DAT files for analysis? Sorry, we do not support the data on the third-party software for now.

DJI Susan, I am having the same exact problem.  I am posting my DAT file here for the flights yesterday.  I can provide more if needed.    I know this is not a controller because I swapped controllers from a P4P v1 that does not have this problem and nothing changed.   
When free flying the drone will drift to the east when only forward direction is applied to the stick.  When flying with autonomous software, the drone will yaw (rotate) to the WEST which I am sure it is doing to counter the eastward drift.  so for mapping mission, the drone ends up flying a straight line but the drone is rotated by a substantial degree by the end of the line.

Flight Data from yesterday: First 2 missions are autonomous flying parallel to the street below and the drone rotates to the west when I fly north or south.  The second mission is free flight where it drifts to the east when I fly north or south).

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... afpEOzb?usp=sharing
2019-2-21
Use props
fanseacc58a6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 694508 ft
Canada

Same issue since day one on my p4p v2. My p2v p2v+ p3p all fly perfect but this p4p v2 has a strange yaw drift at all times. www.opspeculate.com
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FlyinLo Posted at 2-21 04:23
DJI Susan, I am having the same exact problem.  I am posting my DAT file here for the flights yesterday.  I can provide more if needed.    I know this is not a controller because I swapped controllers from a P4P v1 that does not have this problem and nothing changed.   
When free flying the drone will drift to the east when only forward direction is applied to the stick.  When flying with autonomous software, the drone will yaw (rotate) to the WEST which I am sure it is doing to counter the eastward drift.  so for mapping mission, the drone ends up flying a straight line but the drone is rotated by a substantial degree by the end of the line.

Hi FlyinLo, thanks for reaching us. Could you offer us the corresponding issue video as well? We'd like to check the exact status.
2019-2-23
Use props
CHASCOADMIN
lvl.4
United States

We have several P4P's in our fleet and have never seen this issue and/or many other issue so as to the reliability of them I would have to be on the other side of the story.

Did either of you try to mechanically realign the gimbal arm?

Do you use the camera retainer every time you put it back in the box?

How many flight hours are on these? To get "five" of them in a row seems a little fishy. You must have a huge bad batch in your region.
2019-2-23
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Problem is much more common with the P4 Pro Vr 2.0.  I have a Pro 4 and it's rock solid on hover, and straight flight.   I ran through 3 Pro Vr 2.0's and all had the same yaw drifting on hover and issues around straight flight.  

With the 10/24/18 (last firmware update I know for the Vr 2.0), the issues around straight flight seemed to get improved.  The drone still has issues around yawing in hover.  

Problem always starts after a video pan.  When you lessen the stick pressure to stop the pan, the drone will continue the pan and many times drifts back the other direction (big problem).  Once this starts, it continues with stills until I bring it down, and do a IMU calibration (not easy to do with the P4 in the field where I work as you need level ground).  

Still takes better pictures than my P4 Pro (camera is off center) so I still fly it.  

Paul C
2019-2-24
Use props
Jay Snap
New

United States

Hello Everyone, I had the same issue today of the craft yawing right while using tap fly or even with manual flight. I did a few things, First IMU calibration, then compass calibration, then gimbal calibration, then finally RC calibration. I took it to a wide open field, no powerlines, no metal, water or sewer lines. I think that did the trick.
2019-6-16
Use props
fans757e762b
lvl.2

United States

Jay Snap Posted at 6-16 18:19
Hello Everyone, I had the same issue today of the craft yawing right while using tap fly or even with manual flight. I did a few things, First IMU calibration, then compass calibration, then gimbal calibration, then finally RC calibration. I took it to a wide open field, no powerlines, no metal, water or sewer lines. I think that did the trick.

I've tried all these calibrations and my P4P still crabs at an angle, does not fly straight. It flies at a slight angle to it's true heading.  Not curving, but not flying straight according to it's facing.  Wish I could solve this as it makes videography very difficult.
2019-12-2
Use props
Chabula Wolfram Chilombo
New

Zambia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-11 03:03
Hey there, could you upload some original DAT files for analysis? Sorry, we do not support the data on the third-party software for now.

Has anyone come up with a resolve yet? I have the same problem
2021-3-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Chabula Wolfram Chilombo Posted at 3-1 03:42
Has anyone come up with a resolve yet? I have the same problem

Please calibrate the IMU, compass, and controller. At the same time, please check if the propellers are damaged, please change them if necessary.
If the issue persists, you may need to send the drone back for further analysis. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2021-3-7
Use props
chasrb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109639 ft
United States

Jay Snap Posted at 2019-6-16 18:19

Well I’m on #3 p4pv2. Each one had a similar drift issue. On my last new p4pv2 they gave me a new controller too. I still have the drift issue. So I’m off to recalibrate everything.

Another question, has anyone backdated the firmware to see if that fixes any drift issue ?
2021-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules