Experience Flying in a DJI Restricted Zone?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SilkyMilky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7070 ft
United States

Hello,
I fly commercially in the US, and was looking to see if anyone has flown in a DJI Geo-Zone "Restricted Zone" in this map https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map.  I understand the unlocking process but I would appreciate hearing people's experience on going through the process, and then how the aircraft and Ground Station Pro behaved in the field in that restricted zone.  

Specifically, we're attempting to use Ground Station Pro to conduct a mapping flight with our M600 at an airport.  We will have written approval from both the airport and the folks who contracted us to fly.  

DJI has a disclaimer on the Custom Unlocking page of their Fly Safe page that reads.  "1.        Custom Unlocking may disable certain autonomous features like waypoint navigation. Please plan to fly your equipment manually."  Any experience with this would be appreciated to hear about as well.  

Thanks!
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, if you would like to unlock NFZ in GS Pro, please unlock via DJI Go APP and then use GS Pro directly, waypoint navigation can still be used in M600, it is not available for P3 Series/M100/Inspire 1.
2018-4-12
Use props
SilkyMilky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7070 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-12 04:10
Hi there, if you would like to unlock NFZ in GS Pro, please unlock via DJI Go APP and then use GS Pro directly, waypoint navigation can still be used in M600, it is not available for P3 Series/M100/Inspire 1.

Thanks for the response.  However, that's actually contradictory to what  a DJI customer service representative has told me yesterday after an inquiry I submitted.  

Here is what they sent me:   
Crystal Kang (Support)
Apr 11, 00:00 CST
Dear Hayes,
Thank you for your soon reply.

Sorry, but at present, M600 is unavailable to use GS pro after unlocked the no-fly zone.

You are recommended to use Phantom 4 series, inspire2, M200 etc if you have to use GS pro in your mission.

Also, please plan to fly your equipment manually.

If there is any further question, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help.

Best Regards
DJI Technical Support

Can  you find a definite answer?  You answer and her's do not seem to reconcile .  I don't mean to be curt, but I need to know before I show up on a jobsite and find myself unable to do the work.  
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SilkyMilky Posted at 2018-4-12 06:40
Thanks for the response.  However, that's actually contradictory to what  a DJI customer service representative has told me yesterday after an inquiry I submitted.  

Here is what they sent me:   

We apologize for the late and different answers, I have confirmed with the higher team that GS Pro is available for M600 after unlocking NFZ, could you please provide me the email ticket number and the team will contact you soon for an apology and updating the answer? Sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused and we will learn from this to prevent the same thing happening again.
2018-4-15
Use props
fansa0f97860
lvl.1
United States

@Silky
Did you ever work this out? I would be interested in knowing what your experience was like.

I have an upcoming flight mission with an Inspire 1 with the FLIR (DJI) XT thermal senor in a DJI NFZ. I have all my FAA authorizations and DJI unlock certificates, but I am concerned that the GS Pro app won't work. I have used this drone/senor setup successfully in GS Pro for 2D mapping; however, I have not tried this in a DJI NFZ. Any advice?

Thanks.
2019-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules