Limp Gimbal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CKAERIAL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7697 ft

My P4P Pro + went through its startup routine and gimbal calibrated fine.  I took off and then noticed that the gimbal was hanging limp.  Brought it down and had to reboot twice before it corrected itself.  Is this a local interference issue?  I was quite close to a domestic power line coming into the property I was at.
2018-4-11
Use props
CKAERIAL
lvl.2

2018-4-11
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Probably just a quirk.  I see lots of things happen for no apparent reason.
2018-4-11
Use props
CKAERIAL
lvl.2
France

Thanks.. Software related then.
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

CKAERIAL Posted at 2018-4-11 08:51
Thanks.. Software related then.

Any error in your original video? Did it happen every time?
2018-4-11
Use props
CKAERIAL
lvl.2

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-11 23:03
Any error in your original video? Did it happen every time? Thanks for your support.

There was no error in my photos because I didn't take any until the gimbal problem corrected itself.  After I noticed the limp gimbal I relanded the drone and restarted.  On the first restart the gimbal calibrated as normal and then just after facing forward correctly it went limp again.  On the second restart it was fine.  

Can you tell me what might be causing this issue?  Thank you.
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

CKAERIAL Posted at 2018-4-11 23:20
There was no error in my photos because I didn't take any until the gimbal problem corrected itself.  After I noticed the limp gimbal I relanded the drone and restarted.  On the first restart the gimbal calibrated as normal and then just after facing forward correctly it went limp again.  On the second restart it was fine.  

May I know the firmware version of your drone? Is it possible that you provide us with a video of this case and the firmware info for further confirmation?
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

CKAERIAL Posted at 2018-4-11 23:20
There was no error in my photos because I didn't take any until the gimbal problem corrected itself.  After I noticed the limp gimbal I relanded the drone and restarted.  On the first restart the gimbal calibrated as normal and then just after facing forward correctly it went limp again.  On the second restart it was fine.  

Please tell me the firmware of your drone. Please shoot a video about the situation when it happened again.
2018-4-12
Use props
CKAERIAL
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-12 00:07
May I know the firmware version of your drone? Is it possible that you provide us with a video of this case and the firmware info for further confirmation?

App is 4.1.22 Aircraft firmware is 01.05.0600  I'm not sure what you mean by video.  The problem has not happened since.   
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CKAERIAL Posted at 2018-4-12 00:15
App is 4.1.22 Aircraft firmware is 01.05.0600  I'm not sure what you mean by video.  The problem has not happened since.

Understood, if the issue doesn't happen again, no worries. If it may reappear next time and you have a chance to record it, please provide us with the video for further checking. Thank you.
2018-4-12
Use props
CKAERIAL
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-12 00:21
Understood, if the issue doesn't happen again, no worries. If it may reappear next time and you have a chance to record it, please provide us with the video for further checking.

Ok thank you.  If it happens again I will try and take a video but the symptoms are as if the aircraft is switched off.  So as follows...

RC boots.
Drone boots.
Gimbal calibrates.
Just after facing forward gimbal goes limp (just like it is when the drone is off).
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CKAERIAL Posted at 2018-4-12 00:26
Ok thank you.  If it happens again I will try and take a video but the symptoms are as if the aircraft is switched off.  So as follows...

RC boots.

Got it. Please let me know at any time if it repeats. Thank you.
2018-4-12
Use props
CKAERIAL
lvl.2

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-12 01:31
Got it. Please let me know at any time if it repeats. Thank you.

Will do and I will try and film it although that will be difficult.....maybe!!
2018-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules