Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Recommend Tablets for Mavic Air
48795 15 2018-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicCC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23724 ft

hi all newbie here...

I’m considering getting an android tablet to use with my Mavic Air controller instead of using my iPhone...
I thought I could get a budget tablet purely as a controller screen so it won’t matter so much if it gets knocked about or scratched.

Not wanting to pay the premium for an iPad mini as I already have an iPad Pro thought I’d just go for a budget android tablet
and was wondering if anyone here has had any experience of using the tablets I’ve listed below, if so could they advise on how
well they fit controller, the quality of screen image, battery life and if they are capable of running the DJI go4 app stably please?

Also is the DJI go4 app just as stable on Android as it is iOS?

1) Huawei MediaPad T3 7” 16gb tablet
2) Lenovo Tab 7 Essential 7” 16gb tablet
3) Acer Iconia One 7” 16gb tablet

Any feedback appreciated
2018-4-11
Use props
Bokepacha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149265 ft

Interesting. Following up. I also think about the possibility of buying a cheap tablet for the controller instead of my nexus 6P.
2018-4-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Have you ever had a look at DJI CrystalSky? Just a suggestion...
2018-4-11
Use props
OldFaflyers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26555 ft
Australia

There is already a thread about this here
2018-4-11
Use props
MavicCC
lvl.1

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-4-11 13:00
Have you ever had a look at DJI CrystalSky? Just a suggestion...

Thanks Wachtberger....  But, Too pricey for what I require

The tablets I’ve mentioned only cost around £70 GBP
2018-4-11
Use props
MavicCC
lvl.1

OldFaflyers Posted at 2018-4-11 14:23
There is already a thread about this here

Where... no link showing here?
2018-4-11
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MavicCC Posted at 2018-4-11 15:35
Thanks Wachtberger....  But, Too pricey for what I require

The tablets I’ve mentioned only cost around £70 GBP

It is worth pointing out..... you tend to get what you pay for.

I use a variety of dedicated devices Samsung S5-S6-S7 (old phones no sim cards) with great success, but also have 2  ipad mini 4's that are streets ahead.  
2018-4-11
Use props
MavicCC
lvl.1

M2Wair Posted at 2018-4-11 15:57
It is worth pointing out..... you tend to get what you pay for.

I use a variety of dedicated devices Samsung S5-S6-S7 (old phones no sim cards) with great success, but also have 2  ipad mini 4's that are streets ahead.

Thanks M2Wair... having found a few other threads discussing android tablets I’m starting to get the same impression you suggest

Might have to just manage with my iPhone as £400 for a new iPad mini is a tough pill to swallow, shame DJI don’t do a budget version of something similar to the CrystalSky
2018-4-11
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MavicCC Posted at 2018-4-11 16:25
Thanks M2Wair... having found a few other threads discussing android tablets I’m starting to get the same impression you suggest

Might have to just manage with my iPhone as £400 for a new iPad mini is a tough pill to swallow, shame DJI don’t do a budget version of something similar to the CrystalSky

It's a tough pill to swallow for sure, but money well spent, the mini ipads are streets ahead.
2018-4-11
Use props
OldFaflyers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26555 ft
Australia

https://forum.dji.com/thread-143371-1-1.html
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Either iOS or Android devices, if the device is compatible with the DJI GO 4, it should run the app smoothly and stably. The tablets you listed above are not on the recommended list, but it doesn't mean that it can't run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 smoothly. Hope others who have the devices will provide some tips on it.
Sometimes we would recommend using the mobile device on our test list because engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine, so maybe you can also choose a recommended tablet if the budget available. Thank you for your attention. devide support list.png
2018-4-11
Use props
MavicCC
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the info DJI Thor
2018-4-12
Use props
Smiffy62
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9675 ft
United Kingdom

I just bought an Acer Iconia One 7 from Argos for £60. Its running Android Marshmallow and works fine, I fitted it with a anti glare screen guard
and have only used it on 3 flights but can't tell much difference from my iPhone 7. I have removed all the unnecessary apps from it and I keep it
in airplane mode... Worth a try for £60
2018-6-8
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wouldn’t use any other tab apart from iPad mini 4. Sorry if that’s not helpful. Just very reliable!
2018-6-8
Use props
Gary Grasma
New
United States

I just pitched an ipad 4 min after spending six hrs trying to get DJI go 4 to work on it.  Seems as though this 4 would not function with the Mavic Air.  Don't buy refurbed.
2018-8-14
Use props
dcaton
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39606 ft

Gary Grasma Posted at 2018-8-14 18:36
I just pitched an ipad 4 min after spending six hrs trying to get DJI go 4 to work on it.  Seems as though this 4 would not function with the Mavic Air.  Don't buy refurbed.

I'd say, don't buy refurbished from a vendor who doesn't have a decent return policy so you're not stuck with something that doesn't work properly.  I just bought a refurbished 64kb mini 4 on Ebay and GO4 works just fine on it.  Price was less than half the cost of a new unit and aside from a small scratch on the back, it's in like-new condition.

What about GO4 wasn't working?  Seems unlikely that one app would have problems but others work ok.  Did you update iOS to the latest version first?  I'm not an Apple person, but after reading a bunch of threads the general concensus seems to be that GO4 works better on iOS than Android.
2018-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules