Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Puterdude92
lvl.2
Flight distance : 558392 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all,

I recently got my second pair of DJI Goggles and attempted to pair it with my Mavic Pro without much success. I picked it up with the idea of being within LOS of the drone while having two spectators viewing through the goggles while I fly.

There is even a tutorial online that says this is possible and that the second remote controller is "optional".

If I follow the instructions provided via the DJI instrucutional video, says

To pair the Two pairs of goggles go into the settings tab
select advanced linking,
select 2 pairs of goggles and follow the instructions (pushing the mavic link button) to connect my first set (primary) when I do my RC loses connection... No biggie as it then asks if I want to bind a RC with the goggles or no remote.
selected Remote and follow the instructions inside the DJI Go 4 app to bind the RC.

Here is where things get hairy...

After I do that the primary goggles (the ones i just bound) goes back to "Connecting" goggles, and will not connect again to the Mavic. (thinking this strange behavior)
I decide to carry on

Plan A
(if I back out of this menu) the RC stays bound but the Goggles (primary) but will not connect again, if I try the RC disconnects and I start all over again. (Secondary Goggles becomes unlinked)

Outcome A
Pull out the second pair of goggles and follow the same steps but choose secondary/view with no RC.

Primary RC bound, Secondary Goggles bound but no live view on Primary Goggles (Disconnected) Will not reconnect without starting all over again.

Plan B
In a rush I quickly tried to bind the secondary goggles during the timeframe given my the primary. When done I get a completed message however the Primary RC disconnects (both pair of goggles confirm that the RC disconnects but

Outcome B
I have liveview on both goggles but no RC. Rebinding the RC using DJI GO 4, breaks the connection to the secondary pair of goggles.

I see that in the FAQ DJI says, 1 RC and 1 DJI Goggles, or 2 RC and 2 DJI Goggles however the DJI video shows that the second controller is optional.

So the real question, has anyone had any luck with this after updating the firmware on the DJI Goggles to support the Mavic Air? I'm thinking about trying to Down Rev the version on both as I don't use them with my Mavic Air or perhaps it is the most recent firwmare update on the Mavic Pro causing these issues as DJI decided not to allow the secondary viewer without a second controller?

If anyone has any insight i'd be happy to hear it, preferably from DJI as I can't think i'm the first person trying this.

Thanks,
Puterdude92

2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Puterdude92, one Mavic Pro supports 2 sets of DJI Goggles and one RC. Regarding your case, two pairs of your Goggles and Mavic Pro had all updated to the latest firmware, right? Please do refer to the manual below, if it doesn't work, if it is possible, could you please provide me with an operating procedure video for further confirmation? Please also name the specific firmware version of the Goggles and provide me with the screenshot of the Mavic Pro's firmware info (General Settings, About). Thank you for your cooperation. ggls.png
2018-4-11
Use props
Puterdude92
lvl.2
Flight distance : 558392 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-4-11 21:06
Puterdude92, one Mavic Pro supports 2 sets of DJI Goggles and one RC. Regarding your case, two pairs of your Goggles and Mavic Pro had all updated to the latest firmware, right? Please do refer to the manual below, if it doesn't work, if it is possible, could you please provide me with an operating procedure video for further confirmation? Please also name the specific firmware version of the Goggles and provide me with the screenshot of the Mavic Pro's firmware info (General Settings, About). Thank you for your cooperation.[view_image]

Thank you DJI Thor.

The part that I was missing that became obvious when going through your setup routine was that the RC actually connects to the Goggles not directly to the Mavic.

Therefore the Mavic is only holding 2 connections (Goggles 1 and Goggles 2) and the RC's are connected directly to the goggles.

I was my own worst enemy in not giving the Googles and remote enough time to connect. Hopefully this lesson will be helpful for others out here.
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Puterdude92 Posted at 2018-4-12 06:44
Thank you DJI Thor.

The part that I was missing that became obvious when going through your setup routine was that the RC actually connects to the Goggles not directly to the Mavic.

Thank you for your update and glad to know that you got it worked and had learned something from it.
Live is a trip of continuing learning, isn't it?
If there are any further issues, please feel free to contact us.
2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules