In need of a little help
678 17 2018-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans23e9db90
lvl.1
Flight distance : 282 ft

I bought a p4p in December 2017. I haven’t had a lot of chances to fly it due to weather and busy schedule. Anyway I got it out the other day and was able to fly for about two minutes then it said it was disconnected but I still had a picture on my phone (I phone 7 plus) and it seemed that all the controls worked. Luckily I was not to Far away so I brought it back and landed it and hasn’t been right since. I tried turning everything off unplugging everything and then putting it all back together turning everything back on. Everything powered up like it should but my screen was black and it did not read anything in the top left corner of my screen. I could still manually start it with the joysticks and shut it down and I can still move the camera up and down. I have noticed that when I first open the app it reads p4 I get to the menu select p4p plug it to the controller  power everything up before I enter the device it switches back to p4 automatically. I have contacted technical support two times now and the only solution we have come up with is to create a case and send it back. So far I have deleted the app and reinstalled it, I have downgraded the firmware and even reset back to factory default. I’m not sure what else to try any ideas would be appreciated.
2018-4-11
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Send it back while you're good on warranty.
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please tell me the error message in the app. What is the color of the indicator of your RC? Thanks for your support.
2018-4-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When you unplug the USB and plug it back in, does the phone recognise the controller? If not, go into your android settings and apps, then top right click the dots and choose default apps, then clear the default for DIJ Go app, then plug in when the controller is turned on, does a popup now show? if so, do not click to set it as default, just double tap the icon, do this all the time, at least then in the future you can rule out any USB issues...
2018-4-11
Use props
fans23e9db90
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-11 22:04
Please tell me the error message in the app. What is the color of the indicator of your RC? Thanks for your support.

it is gray and there is no message. its just blank.
2018-4-12
Use props
fans23e9db90
lvl.1
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-4-11 22:23
When you unplug the USB and plug it back in, does the phone recognise the controller? If not, go into your android settings and apps, then top right click the dots and choose default apps, then clear the default for DIJ Go app, then plug in when the controller is turned on, does a popup now show? if so, do not click to set it as default, just double tap the icon, do this all the time, at least then in the future you can rule out any USB issues...

would that be the same for I phones?
2018-4-12
Use props
fans23e9db90
lvl.1
United States

so if I go into the app and select this:

then with everything on plug my phone in it changes to this:

at the bottom corner it says enter device, so I do that and this is the screen I get:
    [img]201804/12/141137burrnruouank5mr5.png[/I'm
I also forgot that if I take out the SD card and replace it with another one the LED that is next to the slot turns from green to flashing red. this might be dumb to ask but I noticed on the battery it says phantom 4. should it read phantom 4 pro?
2018-4-12
Use props
fans23e9db90
lvl.1
United States

picture that was from above that didn't work

2018-4-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry chap, i dont know about iphones...
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans23e9db90 Posted at 2018-4-12 14:17
so if I go into the app and select this:
    [view_image]
then with everything on plug my phone in it changes to this:

Please try to change USB cables and see if the USB port went wrong. If you fail to connect your RC with phone all the time, please send your RC back for check: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-4-13
Use props
fans23e9db90
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-13 01:12
Please try to change USB cables and see if the USB port went wrong. If you fail to connect your RC with phone all the time, please send your RC back for check: http://www.dji.com/support

i did try two different cables just in case one was bad. I did receive my return address label today. so hopefully I can get it sent back first thing next week.
2018-4-13
Use props
fans23e9db90
lvl.1
United States

the screen shots above say device not connected because I took them when it wasn't hooked up to anything. I just did it for demo purposes. when it is all hooked up and turned on it says connected and enter device is lit up in blue letters.
2018-4-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans23e9db90 Posted at 2018-4-13 16:57
i did try two different cables just in case one was bad. I did receive my return address label today. so hopefully I can get it sent back first thing next week.

Please inform us if you need help in your case and post the case number here.
2018-4-24
Use props
fans23e9db90
lvl.1

Well I sent my p4p was received and this is what was in my mailbox yesterday. I’m going to call today after work to find out why these things need replaced. I’m not sure if it is because wires and sensors are built into these parts. It has never been wrecked or dropped. I always keep it in its case when I’m not using it. Who knows.
82A89AAC-D873-4F78-8B2F-EF44E4C47A38.jpeg
2018-4-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Looks like they are quoting for a unit that has been damaged in a crash.
2018-4-24
Use props
fans23e9db90
lvl.1

It doesn’t make any sense to me.
2018-4-24
Use props
fans23e9db90
lvl.1

I was able to contact dji and spoke with someone. Turns out the parts listed above were to be replaced for routine maintenance. I surely hope that parts don’t need to be replaced after only four months. I’m currently waiting on another quote. Today is going to be 48 hours so if I don’t hear anything today I will have to contact them again.
2018-4-26
Use props
fans23e9db90
lvl.1

I’m getting tired of the run around. First it was parts need replaced for routine maintenance and now they are saying parts need replaced due to a obvious crash. I have footage of the last flight and it clearly shows there was no crash. How about possible damage in shipping? In what shape was the box in when it was received? I really wish I would have read reviews before I spent my money. I don’t know what to do anymore. If it was something I did then sure I will pay for my mistake. But it’s not the case.
2018-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules