Latest firmware for p4p
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Well its been awhile now since the latest firmware update for the p4p.
Ive been holding off on doing mine.
Was wondering what if any reports good or bad people might have that have done the upgrade.
2018-4-11
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I have not seen any new errors on the other hand not really any improvements to issues i have noticed.
Only new thing for me was the pano features, make it fast and easy to take the shots needed but still need to be stitched in separate SW for a hires picture.

One thing that worries me is that my "Aircraft encoder error" is not shown anymore even the error is still present showing by a warm up time of 5-15min (temp dep.) before picture show up in app. I would not be sure why the error is not reported anymore and could worry that other errors might be suppressed too to hide know errors. Also i am unsure if it is the AC FW or the +RC FW that is hiding the error from showing up. Before the upgrade i would see a "Abnormal" status in the check screen and details tell me that there is this "Aircraft encoder error", after some time the error go away, status normal and the picture would turn up in the app.
2018-4-12
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-12 00:51
I have not seen any new errors on the other hand not really any improvements to issues i have noticed.
Only new thing for me was the pano features, make it fast and easy to take the shots needed but still need to be stitched in separate SW for a hires picture.

Hmm very strange have you spoken to dji about it yet ?
2018-4-12
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-12 01:45
Hmm very strange have you spoken to dji about it yet ?

no not beside mentioned in a few threads regarding missing video feed and/or the Air/Aircraft encoder error.
2018-4-12
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-12 01:52
no not beside mentioned in a few threads regarding missing video feed and/or the Air/Aircraft encoder error.

I read your post in other thread i think as soon as you find the time you should send it back to dji
2018-4-12
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-4-12 01:53
I read your post in other thread i think as soon as you find the time you should send it back to dji

I sure will and have to do it soon so i can give a third trip before warranty runs out if still not alright, not sure why it was replaced, i had done nothing but update when the issues started and i feel that they have just sent me someone else's defect return.
2018-4-12
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

They replaced mine on the second time in for repair and seems to be working fine thats why im a little sceptical about doing another update was hoping to get other peoples feedback before i dive in and upgrade it.
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-12 00:51
I have not seen any new errors on the other hand not really any improvements to issues i have noticed.

Hey KedDK, can the motors be started when the aircraft encoder error appears? We've met some misinformation in the previous APP, but not sure it is the same case. If the issue appears again, please kindly offer the aircraft, controller, APP version and the screenshot, we'd like to look into the exact status.
2018-4-12
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-12 22:13
Hey KedDK, can the motors be started when the aircraft encoder error appears? We've met some misinformation in the previous APP, but not sure it is the same case. If the issue appears again, please kindly offer the aircraft, controller, APP version and the screenshot, we'd like to look into the exact status.

Yes the motors can be started witch i have tried hoping for a faster warmup without luck, guess the board failing is placed in lower part of the body or in the gimbal.

below is pictures showing the versions and errors present when it was returned to me, those also include S/N of the replacements. Today it has latest versions on both AC+(+)RC and the Aircraft encoder does not show up more but issue is still present, All but latest flights has been syncronized if you can get some information from there.

Edit: Just noticed you have made a new release for the +RC, has not tried that yet but guess it don't solve the Aircraft encoder error as i think it is something in AC.

Screenshot_2017-12-16-14-22-11.png
Screenshot_2017-12-16-14-56-11.png
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-12 22:33
Yes the motors can be started witch i have tried hoping for a faster warmup without luck, guess the board failing is placed in lower part of the body or in the gimbal.

below is pictures showing the versions and errors present when it was returned to me, those also include S/N of the replacements. Today it has latest versions on both AC+(+)RC and the Aircraft encoder does not show up more but issue is still present, All but latest flights has been syncronized if you can get some information from there.

I've read your new post and replied there: https://forum.dji.com/thread-144054-1-1.html Please keep us posted on your post for better follow up, thanks!
2018-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules