DJI Spark lots of little weird problems
2010 9 2018-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all thoroughly enjoying using my spark however there are a few things I have picked up on which I’m not entirely sure are normal or not, would someone please be able to confirm?

1. The app orientation has been flipped since an update, when I first for it the home button on my iPhone was to the right of the controler when in it but is now on the left side, why did this change?

2. I am unable to preview images however was able to previously, so after I have used the drone I’d normally be able to go into the album on the DJI GO app and preview it but instead I can only see the thumbnail, when I click on it there is just a white screen with the option to download

3. When in the air sometimes the drone will randomly turn to the right as if someone is ever so slightly pressing the left joystick on the controller to the left. This is very slow and doesn’t always happen however it causes blurry photos which is annoying ( I have tried calibrating the controller and drone )

4. Yesterday I was getting RC disconnect messages at only 100 meters alway, only for a couple of seconds and then it would resume to working normally, not a massive issue but is this normal?

5. I was getting a very twitchy gimbal yesterday which I have uploaded a video of, please see below ( most obvious at around 20 seconds in )

https://youtu.be/Evke2jLG70w

All very small issues but are they normal or is my drone faulty? I havnt ever crashed it!

Thanks in advanced for any help

https://youtu.be/Evke2jLG70w
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Frank, please provide us the original video and you can upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Did you try to flash the firmware with DJI Assistant 2? Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-4-12
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool no I’ve never tried that lol! Not actually that bothered about any of the issues mentioned as I was considering upgrading to the Mavic Air at some point!

Just thought I’d mention to find out if they are common amoungst spark owners

I’ll do the firmware and report back ! Thanks
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Frank13011 Posted at 2018-4-12 02:12
Cool no I’ve never tried that lol! Not actually that bothered about any of the issues mentioned as I was considering upgrading to the Mavic Air at some point!

Just thought I’d mention to find out if they are common amoungst spark owners

You are welcome. Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-4-12
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-12 02:38
You are welcome. Please keep us updated, thanks.

Will do, my guess is that the poor signal between the Controller and the Spark is what caused the twitchy movements but I am not an expert just guessing?
2018-4-12
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How strange, I have basically tried using an OTG cable and the drone seems to not do the twitchy ting, and I am able to see the cached images on the app now instead of it displaying a white screen.

Guessing the issue was between my phone and the controller!

2018-4-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Frank13011 Posted at 2018-4-13 01:30
How strange, I have basically tried using an OTG cable and the drone seems to not do the twitchy ting, and I am able to see the cached images on the app now instead of it displaying a white screen.

Guessing the issue was between my phone and the controller!

Did you have any influence around your spark? Please turn off all the bluetooth devices around it. Did you try to fly in different places for check?
2018-4-13
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-13 02:02
Did you have any influence around your spark? Please turn off all the bluetooth devices around it. Did you try to fly in different places for check?

There were no bluetooth devices or anything like that near it. It was strange but the issues are random and although I know OTG is not supported it has solved my main issues so I am happy!

But thank you for your help.
2018-4-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Frank13011 Posted at 2018-4-13 02:08
There were no bluetooth devices or anything like that near it. It was strange but the issues are random and although I know OTG is not supported it has solved my main issues so I am happy!

But thank you for your help.

Thanks for your update. Our engineers are working on OTG support now. Hope it will be officially supported soon.
2018-4-13
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-13 02:27
Thanks for your update. Our engineers are working on OTG support now. Hope it will be officially supported soon.

No worries thanks for the response
2018-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules