Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Crystal Sky Firmware
12Next >
4976 59 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raven4
First Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

New Crystalsky Firmware was posted on the DJI Crystalsky website today, 4/12. No info concerning this update was posted...changes? Anyone have any more info?
2018-4-12
Use props
feethea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 387940 ft
  • >>>

Can't help with other info but it's a big file - 860Mb. Downloading the Zip file now.
2018-4-12
Use props
bobo
First Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was told a update was being finished. Guess we will have to wait for info.
2018-4-12
Use props
feethea
lvl.1
  • >>>

This is the title of the file for the 7.85" CS - ZS600A_v2630_20180412.bin
And almost identical re the 5.5" file -
ZS600B_v2630_20180412.bin
The date entry is at the end and, I presume, the version number of the firmware in the middle, i.e. v02.06.0300 ???
2018-4-12
Use props
feethea
lvl.1
  • >>>

V02.06.03.00 has now been released via the update section on the CS settings page. It includes:-
Inspire 2 added output FPV function in HDMI video output mode
Optimised CS power control logic to improve performance under extreme conditions
fixed an issue where the RC became disconnected when switching between built-in apps
Updated DJI Go 4 app to 4.2.8
Updated DJI Go 3 app to 3.1.30
2018-4-12
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I updated both apps on crystal sky now i cannot log into my DJI GO account FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will let me log into GO4 but not GO, WTF is going on with these updates does anyone test them first. Now I have a bunch of useless aircraft I cant fly because I cannot log into my account which is ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!

Have reset the thing about 10 times and give up now, what a system where you cannot use the monitor without logging into your account first, jesus !!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-4-12
Use props
raven4
First Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

hmmmm...I updated GO4 with no issues.
2018-4-12
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Did the offline maps appear again after this update?
2018-4-12
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

i think i had this update 2 weeks ago, totally no problem with the Osmo+
2018-4-12
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

nixuspix Posted at 2018-4-12 10:50
Did the offline maps appear again after this update?

No, still no offline maps but you can hotspot your phone or get a myfi
2018-4-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

fansa7e34cd9 Posted at 2018-4-12 08:53
Well I updated both apps on crystal sky now i cannot log into my DJI GO account FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will let me log into GO4 but not GO, WTF is going on with these updates does anyone test them first. Now I have a bunch of useless aircraft I cant fly because I cannot log into my account which is ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!

Have reset the thing about 10 times and give up now, what a system where you cannot use the monitor without logging into your account first, jesus !!!!!!!!!!!!

going on with these updates does anyone test them first

Print out the above.  Walk into bathroom.  Read what's printed.  Gaze into bathroom Mirror.  
There's your answer!

Learned long ago, you put off firmware and software updates, until a few adventuresome soles have proceeded you.
Exception is if firmware or software update involves a viable Security threat.

Sorry about your grounded fleet of drones.  
2018-4-12
Use props
Forestjim
Captain
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>

lannes Posted at 2018-4-12 12:58
No, still no offline maps but you can hotspot your phone or get a myfi

Did you update Ken,
Both updates done to CS Ultra & 5.50
2018-4-12
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Forestjim Posted at 2018-4-12 15:29
Did you update Ken,
Both updates done to CS Ultra & 5.50

Yes, did so as well, noticed they heated up a bit quicker than with 4.2.6`
2018-4-13
Use props
JMR58
Captain
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>

fansa7e34cd9 Posted at 2018-4-12 08:53
Well I updated both apps on crystal sky now i cannot log into my DJI GO account FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will let me log into GO4 but not GO, WTF is going on with these updates does anyone test them first. Now I have a bunch of useless aircraft I cant fly because I cannot log into my account which is ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, i just updated Crystalsky and logged in Dji Go with the Osmo.
When opening the Dji Go app there was another kind of data transmission for a few moments,"Resource data analyzing".
After this the app opened and everything was normal..
2018-4-13
Use props
Far_North
First Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

I'll wait a bit.  Mine is presently working well.
2018-4-13
Use props
fans48abce45
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4284826 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I can’t login the DJI GO 3 after the update, already reset the CS still no luck
2018-4-13
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

fans48abce45 Posted at 2018-4-13 15:25
I can’t login the DJI GO 3 after the update, already reset the CS still no luck

Do you mean log in to your DJI account  to start the DJI Go 4 app ?
2018-4-13
Use props
Mountaindrone
Captain
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>

Login with Dji Go 4 first
2018-4-13
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

raven4 Posted at 2018-4-12 08:56
hmmmm...I updated GO4 with no issues.

yes as I said go4 works fine, but i cannot get into go at all, not even sign up for a new account
2018-4-14
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 2018-4-13 19:33
Do you mean log in to your DJI account  to start the DJI Go 4 app ?

no, i can get into go4 fine, i cannot get into go......are you aware they are 2 seperate apps ??

If you have upgraded or reset the device you need to re-login to your account before you can access the either go or go4 apps.......i cannot re-log into go app

2018-4-14
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

lannes Posted at 2018-4-13 03:01
Yes, did so as well, noticed they heated up a bit quicker than with 4.2.6`

What did you mean by this? I ask because after the update and operating my 7.85" High Brightness (not Ultra) I got a overheat warning in 10 mins. Ambient temp was 33 degree C and I was in complete shade!
2018-4-14
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Airpixel Studio Posted at 2018-4-14 04:19
What did you mean by this? I ask because after the update and operating my 7.85" High Brightness (not Ultra) I got a overheat warning in 10 mins. Ambient temp was 33 degree C and I was in complete shade!

It appears DJI Go 4 4.2.8 might be more CPU intensive, which causes the CS UB to heat up quickly, the back of the unit gets hot faster than with what I experienced with the 4.2.6 version.

The 4.2.6 version gets to about 40c on the back on the CS and maintains this temperature. 4.2.8 goes past this. For me a maximum operating temperature of the CS UB looks about 47c before the panel starts to have problems, flickering and having an uneven backlight
2018-4-14
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
Second Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-4-12 14:31
going on with these updates does anyone test them first

Print out the above.  Walk into bathroom.  Read what's printed.  Gaze into bathroom Mirror.  

yeah i know......so much for confidence in the system !......how hard can it be just to get things to work properly, all I did was update which went smoothly then whooooshhh no GO App !!!
2018-4-14
Use props
derider
Captain
Flight distance : 2760853 ft
Denmark

Just want to share my experience with the new updates at the CS. FYI! My Mavic air has all the latest updates.

While using my CS together with an Mavic Air I also did an update of the CS that ran with no issues as others have seen. Did 3 flights today and few minutes in the first flight the Go 4 app stopped responding and I had to start the Go 4 app again which I have seen the app do before - no surprise for me. The rest of the flight and the 2 next batteries went fine, but the surprise came when I wanted to check the flight records - they were recorded with location time and pics in the flight record. When doing a flight sync - the sync says "Flight record have been synched" as normal - however the sync records is not seen at online records which might not be problem with CS but at the Dji server somewhere. However if I want to play the recorded flights at the CS now - no matter if it an older or the newest flight record it only shows the start location, travle distance and time and when I click at play function all the information disappears and the flight record play continue without any data shown - no Travel distance , time, hight, distance, Horiz. or Vert. speed is shown, satelite or battery info is shown - all at zero. During the flight I did not see missing telemetry at all.

Anybody else have the same issues?
2018-4-14
Use props
Airpixel Studio
lvl.3
United Arab Emirates

lannes Posted at 2018-4-14 04:36
It appears DJI Go 4 4.2.8 might be more CPU intensive, which causes the CS UB to heat up quickly, the back of the unit gets hot faster than with what I experienced with the 4.2.6 version.

The 4.2.6 version gets to about 40c on the back on the CS and maintains this temperature. 4.2.8 goes past this. For me a maximum operating temperature of the CS UB looks about 47c before the panel starts to have problems, flickering and having an uneven backlight

Well mine isn't even the CS UB, its the HB and ambient temp was 33 deg C and I was under a shelter in full shade. It overheated in around 10mins... it never shut off but warned us twice to shut down and let it cool! I stupidly updated to 4.2.8 last night....
2018-4-14
Use props
Pauxier
First Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-4-14 04:36

The 4.2.6 version gets to about 40c on the back on the CS and maintains this temperature. 4.2.8 goes past this. For me a maximum operating temperature of the CS UB looks about 47c before the panel starts to have problems, flickering and having an uneven backlight

Have you tested with different aircraft? I wonder if one model needs more horsepower than another
2018-4-14
Use props
lannes
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Pauxier Posted at 2018-4-14 11:38
Have you tested with different aircraft? I wonder if one model needs more horsepower than another

I did with the MP and the MA, just find it runs hotter
2018-4-14
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

derider Posted at 2018-4-14 10:12
Just want to share my experience with the new updates at the CS. FYI! My Mavic air has all the latest updates.

While using my CS together with an Mavic Air I also did an update of the CS that ran with no issues as others have seen. Did 3 flights today and few minutes in the first flight the Go 4 app stopped responding and I had to start the Go 4 app again which I have seen the app do before - no surprise for me. The rest of the flight and the 2 next batteries went fine, but the surprise came when I wanted to check the flight records - they were recorded with location time and pics in the flight record. When doing a flight sync - the sync says "Flight record have been synched" as normal - however the sync records is not seen at online records which might not be problem with CS but at the Dji server somewhere. However if I want to play the recorded flights at the CS now - no matter if it an older or the newest flight record it only shows the start location, travle distance and time and when I click at play function all the information disappears and the flight record play continue without any data shown - no Travel distance , time, hight, distance, Horiz. or Vert. speed is shown, satelite or battery info is shown - all at zero. During the flight I did not see missing telemetry at all.

Exactly same problem with my 5.5" CrystalSky after latest upgrade. Just discovered this yesterday and decided to try again today to understand what is going on That's complete disaster and it was with my Spark btw
2018-4-14
Use props
Gus241
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Well I updated both apps on crystal sky now i cannot log into my DJI GO account"

Exactly the same problem, completely unable to log into Go (G0 4 and Pilot both fine).

Help please !!!!
2018-4-14
Use props
derider
Captain
Denmark

nixuspix Posted at 2018-4-14 21:40
Exactly same problem with my 5.5" CrystalSky after latest upgrade. Just discovered this yesterday and decided to try again today to understand what is going on That's complete disaster and it was with my Spark btw

Okey, I'm not alone. As a add on information - the online Dji flight distance records has not been working lately and don't seem to be in relation with the CS update which I also discovered yesterday - I'm missing about 10 km at my online account which I have at my CS and Mobile. My CS and mobile (using version GO 4 4.1.15/android) did sync well until I updated the CS. The Mobile still play the flights records correct but won't sync with CS now.
2018-4-14
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
Second Officer
  • >>>

Gus241 Posted at 2018-4-14 23:54
"Well I updated both apps on crystal sky now i cannot log into my DJI GO account"

Exactly the same problem, completely unable to log into Go (G0 4 and Pilot both fine).

BINGO again, yet another happy crystal sky customer !!......hey m8 ive had this ground my S1000+ and Inspire 1 for 3 days now and still waiting for a response from DJI customer support.....at least now it is not me only, which I was getting concerned about, there clearly is a bug in the GO app with the latest firmware

DJI you listening now ????
2018-4-15
Use props
derider
Captain
Denmark

nixuspix Posted at 2018-4-14 21:40
Exactly same problem with my 5.5" CrystalSky after latest upgrade. Just discovered this yesterday and decided to try again today to understand what is going on That's complete disaster and it was with my Spark btw

Just an update.
Did 6 flight today using Spark  and Mavic Air together with the CS and the mobile to check what's working and not. Since my Android mobile had Go 4 version 4.1.15 (to be able to use otg at spark) I updated my mobile to latest Android go 4 version 4.2.8 to be able to use my Mavic Air together with my mobile. Then did a sync of the flight records and now the CS and mobile is in sync again. However, at the CS the flight records can't be played since it look like the CS can't read the data. At the mobile the flight records plays normal no matter which drone was used together with the CS or mobile. At the Dji account my flight distance/level still not updated even both my CS and mobile can do a sync flight records without errors.
So, right now - the "only" issue are that I can't play the flight records at the CS. Don't know how to solve this issue.
2018-4-15
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

derider Posted at 2018-4-15 08:00
Just an update.
Did 6 flight today using Spark  and Mavic Air together with the CS and the mobile to check what's working and not. Since my Android mobile had Go 4 version 4.1.15 (to be able to use otg at spark) I updated my mobile to latest Android go 4 version 4.2.8 to be able to use my Mavic Air together with my mobile. Then did a sync of the flight records and now the CS and mobile is in sync again. However, at the CS the flight records can't be played since it look like the CS can't read the data. At the mobile the flight records plays normal no matter which drone was used together with the CS or mobile. At the Dji account my flight distance/level still not updated even both my CS and mobile can do a sync flight records without errors.
So, right now - the "only" issue are that I can't play the flight records at the CS. Don't know how to solve this issue.

Yes sure. Have tried full CS factory reset. Still the same s--t.DJI, please help with this issue. Not possible to record or play flight records now
Screenshot_2018-04-15-20-08-15.png
Screenshot_2018-04-15-20-08-29.png
2018-4-15
Use props
skywatch111
First Officer
Flight distance : 8677251 ft
  • >>>

derider Posted at 2018-4-14 10:12

While using my CS together with an Mavic Air I also did an update of the CS that ran with no issues as others have seen. Did 3 flights today and few minutes in the first flight the Go 4 app stopped responding and I had to start the Go 4 app again which I have seen the app do before - no surprise for me. The rest of the flight and the 2 next batteries went fine, but the surprise came when I wanted to check the flight records - they were recorded with location time and pics in the flight record. When doing a flight sync - the sync says "Flight record have been synched" as normal - however the sync records is not seen at online records which might not be problem with CS but at the Dji server somewhere. However if I want to play the recorded flights at the CS now - no matter if it an older or the newest flight record it only shows the start location, travle distance and time and when I click at play function all the information disappears and the flight record play continue without any data shown - no Travel distance , time, hight, distance, Horiz. or Vert. speed is shown, satelite or battery info is shown - all at zero. During the flight I did not see missing telemetry at all.

Updated today. Have the same issues! Nothing helps to recover history of my flight records. The same function works fine in ipad Go4 App. The records didn't dissapear
2018-4-15
Use props
Luc Van de Vyver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240725 ft

Locked out using DJI GO since update

using my Crystal Sky 5.5"
since the update to the latest firmware (V02.06.03.00) DJI GO refuses to login, makes my inspire 1 and Osmo useless !
I get the signup / login screen
enter credentials (but it does not matter if the are correct or not ...)
then comes the message "Unfortunately, DJI GO has stopped"

So on this device, with the latest update, it seems that it cannot go to the login-server.
I tried the 'sign up' button also, then it says "connect to network, then sign up again"
nevertheless, I can browse and I can use the DJI GO 4 app ...
so there IS a network

I also have a Crystal Sky 7" for inspire1 camera-man
here everything still works fine

It looks like the issue is related to the 5.5" model - DJI GO

DJI GO 4 works ok on both 5" and 7" (for mavic)

DJI, please fix this issue, you have grounded many drones
or force them to use iPhones again !
2018-4-15
Use props
Gus241
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Luc Van de Vyver Posted at 2018-4-15 22:12
Locked out using DJI GO since update

using my Crystal Sky 5.5"

Identical problem for me.!!!!!
2018-4-16
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
  • >>>
Latvia

Is there anyone from DJI moderators going to answer to the questions and problems the owners of Crystalsky encountered with after the latest upgrade?
2018-4-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

nixuspix Posted at 2018-4-16 05:59
Is there anyone from DJI moderators going to answer to the questions and problems the owners of Crystalsky encountered with after the latest upgrade?

They are going to wait you to claim a little bit more, and then one of them ll going to ask:
'Could you check your UAV firmware version?' you ll reply and then 3days afters after you ll claim again they will ask again:
'Could you provide CS log or screenshot'
Then they ll say 'We appologize blablabla..... we transfer the issue to our engineers blablabla.....'
10 days later when you wont get any news from engineers and you ll claim again they ll say:
'I get good new, Please wait patiently next firmware is going to be released very soon'

Anyway they ll release their new firmware whenever it was scheduled whatever your issue with your grounded stuff !!!!  DJI moderators only answer us to earn some times, and to try make us claim less. Don't even hope about, customer support or technical argue.
That's what they are doing with M200 firmware, Cendence firmware, Z30 firmware, XT firmware, anyway all the PRO stuff...

Happy to be a DJI Customer?
=/
2018-4-16
Use props
bety
Captain
Flight distance : 1097644 ft
Vietnam

Updated V02.06.03.00 this morning of Crystalsky 5.5.
Heats a lot  in 10 minutes then message on the screen.
The synchronization of flight data is not correct on Crystalsky, impossible to see the flight.
The synchronization on my iPhone 7+  is OK.
I can see the flights and all the messages.

2018-4-17
Use props
Forestjim
Captain
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I updated both of my Ultra & 5.5. I even did a factory reset.
I thought I’d test it today.
It was a sunny day say 29c at lunchtime so thought I’d do some Panos on the Spark with my 5.5.
75% of the time is was in the shade.
The screen was on about 80% bightness
I was on my 2 battery using my CS and the too hot warning came on.
The fan was on. It felt reasonably hot but not real hot, so I took a screen shot and turned off  the CS and landed on the sticks.
I’ve had 3 CS’s  overheated and burnout the backlight.
Maybe it’s good we are getting a warning and the fan is coming on and hopefully not melting the solder inside the unit.
But they should be able to cope with 29c or 85F.
2018-4-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules