Mavic Pro - 3 flights and now it disconnects.....always cr
553 6 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DonViper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 951421 ft
United States

So with all of the firmware problems I had with my Phantom 3 Standard, I was dead set against buying another DJI product. But I heard a lot of good things about the Mavic Pro, so I ordered one from the DJI website.

First flight on Tuesday no problems, second flight on Wednesday no problems.......Today, Thursday I take it to a clients site to capture aerials of their property, and the app says disconnected as soon as I get 10 feet up in the air. Land it, restart everything (drone, phone, and controller), reconnect, take off again 10 feet....DISCONNECTED!

Why can't DJI products just work? Why did I waste $900?
2018-4-12
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Little more info, what device are you using? Have you updated everything to the latest firmware?
2018-4-12
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Most likely interference with your smart phone connecting to the RC.  Turn off WiFi on your smart phone and try again.  This was my issue.  I was getting disconnects every couple minutes prior.   Since I have the WiFi off I have yet to get another disconnect.  Just try it
2018-4-12
Use props
DonViper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 951421 ft

Wifi was not turned on, its the LG V30. Worked flawless first two days, but the third day, the day I actually needed it to work.....problems.
2018-4-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DonViper Posted at 2018-4-12 14:19
Wifi was not turned on, its the LG V30. Worked flawless first two days, but the third day, the day I actually needed it to work.....problems.

As you know DJI stuff works best with IOS I have been using I6, I7, I8+ and I8X with no issues.
Rule of thumb:
airplane mode,
force close all apps,
no keys, metal wallets, other phone on you
check the environment to see if there is any cell towers, etc. around you.

Good luck dude! BTW, Man I will be PI1SSSED too!
2018-4-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had connection issues with both my two Mavic Pro
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DonViper Posted at 2018-4-12 14:19
Wifi was not turned on, its the LG V30. Worked flawless first two days, but the third day, the day I actually needed it to work.....problems.

Don, sorry for your difficulties. Had you updated the firmware when you received the drone? Please first try to update or refresh the latest firmware, try to test in an open place with no or a few obstacles and interferences around, take off the drone, hover for a while then start the flight, keep the RC antennas pointed correctly to the drone.
If the issue persists, please upload your flight records, export the flight log from the drone and provide a screenshot of the firmware info so we can check the data.
2018-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules