Can't attach X7...help!!
2612 10 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

I'm driving myself crazy here. I've tried for over an hour to attach the Zenmuse X7 camera to my new Inspire 2 but nothing will work. I read the manual and watched the video on connecting but it refuses to lock in. It just will not turn at all. Won't even budge. I've got the white dot lined up with the red dot and proceed to turn to the right but it just won't go. I'm not an idiot but I really need some help.
2018-4-12
Use props
lvl.4

Nevermind. Got help. The fix was so blasted simple yet not documented anywhere.
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-12 19:13
Nevermind. Got help. The fix was so blasted simple yet not documented anywhere.

Hi, glad you solve it. Can you share the solution? If your app has X7 disconnected error message, here are some tips for you:
follow the tips below:
1. Do not touch the Lens Release Button when you attach the lens.
2. Mount the lens in place and rotates the lens several times. Please install it gently and avoid rotating it forcibly.
3. Please note that the lens does not support hot swapping. Try to reinstall the lens and reboot the aircraft.
2018-4-12
Use props
lvl.4

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-4-12 23:12
Hi, glad you solve it. Can you share the solution? If your app has X7 disconnected error message, here are some tips for you:
follow the tips below:
1. Do not touch the Lens Release Button when you attach the lens.

Hi Elektra,
This isn't about a lens it's about mounting the camera to the gimbal. If the upper gimbal isn't aligned no amount of work will get it in. The mount needs to be turned and aligned like so by pressing the unlatch button and turning the gimbal mount. See attachment. You really should add this to documentation. I was literally pulling my hair out...and I'm bald.
2018-4-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Yep, I've been fooled by this button on side as well ... Took me only 10 minutes to figure it out, which means ... that I'm smarter than you?
2018-4-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-13 07:14
Hi Elektra,
This isn't about a lens it's about mounting the camera to the gimbal. If the upper gimbal isn't aligned no amount of work will get it in. The mount needs to be turned and aligned like so by pressing the unlatch button and turning the gimbal mount. See attachment. You really should add this to documentation. I was literally pulling my hair out...and I'm bald.[view_image]

Sorry that Elektra misunderstood your post, glad to know the issue was figured out and we are sorry for the hassle, I will transfer your suggestion to our engineers to consider adding this point in our user manual. Please let me know if there is other issues or suggestions
2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

I checked the user manual again that we have mentioned this point, but it may not be very obvious, we will keep improving the user manual. GTScreenshot_20180416_180924.png
2018-4-16
Use props
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-16 02:11
I checked the user manual again that we have mentioned this point, but it may not be very obvious, we will keep improving the user manual.[view_image]

Haha Mindy!
You don't say what the 'correct' gimbal position is OR HOW to put into the correct position. So, really not obvious at all. :-)
2018-4-16
Use props
Steve H i2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322579 ft

Correct position is in the unlocked position.
Red is in locked position
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-16 06:23
Haha Mindy!
You don't say what the 'correct' gimbal position is OR HOW to put into the correct position. So, really not obvious at all. :-)

I see, sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused, I will report it to our engineers for attention.
2018-4-17
Use props
Barney Meyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 892 ft
Australia

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-13 07:14
Hi Elektra,
This isn't about a lens it's about mounting the camera to the gimbal. If the upper gimbal isn't aligned no amount of work will get it in. The mount needs to be turned and aligned like so by pressing the unlatch button and turning the gimbal mount. See attachment. You really should add this to documentation. I was literally pulling my hair out...and I'm bald.[view_image]

I agree with you! The manual is pretty bad on this issue.
The internal connector in the mount can easily turn out of position.
Thanks for posting this, saved some of my remaining hair.
2019-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules