VTT : Tracking mode only with my iphone.
501 4 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DocGG
lvl.1

France

I take my VTT, my iphone, my mavic Air : no remote controller, to big to stay in my pocket.

I connect the iphone to the mavic Air in wifi mode : that’s ok.

I ride with traking mode, everything fine, but after 100m, I have a message : « max distance reached ». ?!?

And with DJI app, I can’t modify this distance in parameter, is it normal, why?
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the maximum distance is 80 m when connected the mobile only. You can check this on our website: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#specs
mobile device control.png
2018-4-13
Use props
DocGG
lvl.1

France

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-13 02:04
Hi there, the maximum distance is 80 m when connected the mobile only. You can check this on our website: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#specs

You're talking about the distance between mobile and Mavic Air but on tracking mode, magic Air is only behind me ( about 5/6 meters) and the distance reached is the "distance traveled"
2018-4-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DocGG Posted at 2018-4-13 03:31
You're talking about the distance between mobile and Mavic Air but on tracking mode, magic Air is only behind me ( about 5/6 meters) and the distance reached is the "distance traveled"

Sorry for the confusion. The distance we mentioned here is the drone and the take-off point.
2018-4-16
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ill rewind time a little here. This was a pain when the Spark first came out. The hard limitation of only 30m from home point while tracking was a real pain in the a$$. This was resolved when in a FW update they introduced dynamic home point, then every 15m the spark would update its home point while active tracking. This works perfectly. I use it all the time with my spark and mavic pro.
Fast forward to today. New top of the range drone. Same old max distance from HP limitation but only on a slightly larger radius of 80m.
DJI need to give their software engineers a big slap so they wake up and bring over the best bits of their previous drones capabilities, especially so from a cheaper drone to a more expensive one. There are some things that should have been there straight out of the box.
Hopefully they will introduce dynamic homepoint with a new FW update and we can track ourselves over greater distances.
2018-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules