Common ultra bright backlight failure. No DJI Dealer in my country.
749 12 2018-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AriefP12
lvl.1

Indonesia

Long story short, I had an eye on this product since it was introduced. Per March 2018, still no dealer here have this (I'm in Indonesia). Can't wait for it any longer, so I decided to buy it off the street. CS 5.5 and the UB 7.85. Seller said he handcarried em from the US. I got no receipt from him.

The 5.5 works great till now. The UB one failed after roughly 30% of battery consumption. Screen flickered then backlight completely off. The unit still function though. HDMI output work. I can see the screen if I torch it with my phone camera flash.

I contacted my local DJI service (both official and non-official. Although I'm not sure there's a real official DJI service here), none of them was able to service Crystalsky just yet.

What's my option here? Any input would be so much appreciated.

Thank you
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry to read your post. It is recommended to contact the right team via support@dji.com and send the unit in. There will be ticket number as long as the email is sent to the support successfully. Please let us know if you need further assistance.
2018-4-12
Use props
AriefP12
lvl.1

Indonesia

I'll give it a shot. Will update here. Thanks Susan.
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AriefP12 Posted at 2018-4-12 22:23
I'll give it a shot. Will update here. Thanks Susan.

You are welcome. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2018-4-13
Use props
AriefP12
lvl.1

Indonesia

I'm out of luck. Option "a" will not work for me. I have no relative in the US, let alone US address and phone numbers.

I have no problem shipping it to Hong Kong (although the fact that it's chargeable service make me a little uncomfortable), but my only concern is when the unit done for repair and DJI ship it back to me, Indonesian custom will treat it as an import goods and charge an outrageous tax/entrance fee (PPN 10% + PPH 15%). I Would like to know if there's a workaround for this. Any input will be so much appreciated.
2018-4-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

AriefP12 Posted at 2018-4-16 08:51
[view_image]

I'm out of luck. Option "a" will not work for me. I have no relative in the US, let alone US address and phone numbers.

I'm not from indonesia, but I met the same issue: my dealer was out of my country and he had to send it to DJI Repair Center.
When I shipped my UAV to my dealer, I noticed in the shippment document that it was a RETURN with WARANTY to my dealer, and I also provided to customers a bill of Repairs from my dealer.
Your taxes will be based on the amount of this bill.
But I guess it depends of the country....
2018-4-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

AriefP12 Posted at 2018-4-16 08:51
[view_image]

But I think you should call the local dealer from where your CS UB was bought at the origine in US. And negociate with him to manage the case and ask for refund with DJI instead of repair, because DJI doesn't sell the CS UB anymore because of the same issue you get: blacklight failure
2018-4-16
Use props
AriefP12
lvl.1

Indonesia

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-4-16 09:08
But I think you should call the local dealer from where your CS UB was bought at the origine in US. And negociate with him to manage the case and ask for refund with DJI instead of repair, because DJI doesn't sell the CS UB anymore because of the same issue you get: blacklight failure

It wasn't a dealer. I bought it from a seller on the marketplace similar like craigslist. Seller said he handcarried it from the US. Crystalsky haven't made it to Indonesian market yet. As for now, no Indonesian dealer have this.

Sent this seller a message on the marketplace, he doesn't reply. Forgot to ask his phone number. I guess I was too excited about this product.
2018-4-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

AriefP12 Posted at 2018-4-16 09:33
It wasn't a dealer. I bought it from a seller on the marketplace similar like craigslist. Seller said he handcarried it from the US. Crystalsky haven't made it to Indonesian market yet. As for now, no Indonesian dealer have this.

Sent this seller a message on the marketplace, he doesn't reply. Forgot to ask his phone number. I guess I was too excited about this product.

Maybe DJI could tell you the name of the original US seller of your product?
Or is there a way to get this information with serial number and DJI website?
Maybe paypal get another seller tel number/name?
Don't know =/
2018-4-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

AriefP12 Posted at 2018-4-16 09:33
It wasn't a dealer. I bought it from a seller on the marketplace similar like craigslist. Seller said he handcarried it from the US. Crystalsky haven't made it to Indonesian market yet. As for now, no Indonesian dealer have this.

Sent this seller a message on the marketplace, he doesn't reply. Forgot to ask his phone number. I guess I was too excited about this product.

Or you also could try to buy this service (US interlocutor) to another US dealer who would send the CS faulty to DJI Repair Center in your name?
2018-4-16
Use props
AriefP12
lvl.1

Indonesia

I'm not aware such service exist. I would be very interested if it is. Could you/somebody give me some pointers in this?
2018-4-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

AriefP12 Posted at 2018-4-16 10:08
I'm not aware such service exist. I would be very interested if it is. Could you/somebody give me some pointers in this?

I'm not sure this service exist, but you have to negociate it with dealer ! 100$ - 150$ to be used as an Adress, to send few mails and to ship your product, could interest dealers I guess (maybe a dealer seeing this thread?) Easy job... but you have to compare the total cost with international & local shipping... !
If at the end it ables you to be refund it can be an interesting solution...but I think you have to simulate all solutions and get the cheapest one...

2018-4-16
Use props
Elettrone78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-4-16 09:08

DJI has new CS UB units for sale on their website.
2018-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules