Want panomodes on P4A Now!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans39fedbf1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 477930 ft
  • >>>
Norway

How do we push DJI to implement panomodes on P4A?
2018-4-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you seriously want to shoot panoramas, why don't you do it manually?
It's fast and easy.
You don't need automation to shoot panoramas.
2018-4-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans39,

As Labroides says, do it manually.  You can even shoot a short video of the arc you want for the Pano.  Then in post select the image overlap you want and create photos out of those frames.  Cut and paste the frames into a Pano.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-4-13
Use props
fans39fedbf1
lvl.1
  • >>>
Norway

Labroides Posted at 2018-4-13 01:45
If you seriously want to shoot panoramas, why don't you do it manually?
It's fast and easy.
You don't need automation to shoot panoramas.

You are absolutely right. And I use Lightroom to stich. But I want those 360 spherical and I'm lazy
2018-4-13
Use props
fans39fedbf1
lvl.1
  • >>>
Norway

Cetacean Posted at 2018-4-13 02:24
Aloha fans39,

As Labroides says, do it manually.  You can even shoot a short video of the arc you want for the Pano.  Then in post select the image overlap you want and create photos out of those frames.  Cut and paste the frames into a Pano.

This helps, thanks.  pulling frames from video is new to me, will try it
2018-4-13
Use props
Thermographer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

You can also use this Micrsoft software:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ... e-composite-editor/
2018-4-13
Use props
Neil Henderson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

all we can do is keep pushing on here - susan has responded a couple of times - hopefully she will ad soon - she says they are adding it but p4a is long overdue a firmware update so hopefully coming soon - dji or susan please give us an update as there is a real need here from your clients and you clearly have the technology
2018-4-14
Use props
Neil Henderson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

we need to keep pushing on forums just like this - the more posts the better.  they have said that its in development but p4a is long overdue a firmware update especially for the relative costs of a p4a vs other models of lower cost which have the same functionality.  i appreciate the comments about manual and ive done that but in really bright conditions (which at times it can be ticky to see overlap etc on some terrains) that auto mode is a real time saver - it should also eliminate any potential error for those a bit newer to this quite complicated shooting pattern
2018-4-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Neil Henderson Posted at 2018-4-14 00:47
all we can do is keep pushing on here - susan has responded a couple of times - hopefully she will ad soon - she says they are adding it but p4a is long overdue a firmware update so hopefully coming soon - dji or susan please give us an update as there is a real need here from your clients and you clearly have the technology

all we can do is keep pushing on here - susan has responded a couple of times
If you'd been around long enough you'd realise that pushing here won't achieve anything.
Polite responses from moderators don't mean much either.
2018-4-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, thank you for your suggestion, actually, this proposal has been submitted before, I will forward it to our engineers again. Hope more functions will be available if possible.
2018-4-15
Use props
Neil Henderson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

thanks for our feedback diana - your colleague sarah mentioned in her post it was being worked on - do you know if that is the case or if it is just a suggestion?
2018-4-15
Use props
fans39fedbf1
lvl.1
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-4-15 18:31
Hi there, thank you for your suggestion, actually, this proposal has been submitted before, I will forward it to our engineers again. Hope more functions will be available if possible.

Thanks. I share your optimism.
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules