Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New CrystalSky Firmware Released 12/04/18
1567 14 2018-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YOYOMAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Hi guys,

https://forum.dji.com/thread-144019-1-1.html

Overview

• Date: 2018.04.12
  • CrystalSky Firmware: V02.06.03.00
  • DJI GO 3 App: V 3.1.30
  • DJI GO 4 App: V 4.2.8
  • DJI Pilot Beta: V 0.5.1

What's New?
  • For the Inspire 2: Added Output FPV function in HDMI Video Output mode.
  • Optimized CrystalSky power control logic to improve performance under extreme conditions.
  • Fixed an issue where the remote control became disconnected when switching between built-in apps.
  • Updated DJI GO 4 app to 4.2.8.
  • Updated DJI GO 3 app to 3.1.30.

2018-4-13
Use props
broadlandboy
Captain
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Apparently V0.6 is incoming
2018-4-13
Use props
kozlio#
Second Officer
Canada

The dji automatic update for pilot on my crystal sky installed v0.6.0 just now apr13
2018-4-13
Use props
kozlio#
Second Officer
Canada

No updates for go4 or ground station pro on the (iOs) iPad pro, only for the dji crystal sky tablet
2018-4-13
Use props
broadlandboy
Captain
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

kozlio# Posted at 2018-4-13 16:41
No updates for go4 or ground station pro on the (iOs) iPad pro, only for the dji crystal sky tablet

& Pilot           
2018-4-14
Use props
BCD Video
lvl.1
Flight distance : 672103 ft
United States

And still no offline maps?
2018-4-16
Use props
kozlio#
Second Officer
Canada

I was able to install offline maps on the dji pilot though have not confirmed their intended functionality yet through a uav flight
2018-4-17
Use props
kozlio#
Second Officer
Canada

In dji pilot, u can download offline maps, it seems. Upon login, go top left menu, then click offline map & select region where u want map to be recorded. For me it started with a small rectangle in the middle of the Atlantic. I guess gps 0,0, west of Gabon. U can save a few maps there.

As for dji go 4, i followed the advice of this YouTuber but to no avail.

https://youtu.be/W-gLKvySHTM
IMG_20180417_181546.jpg
IMG_20180417_181605.jpg
2018-4-17
Use props
YOYOMAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

kozlio# Posted at 2018-4-17 14:21
In dji pilot, u can download offline maps, it seems. Upon login, go top left menu, then click offline map & select region where u want map to be recorded. For me it started with a small rectangle in the middle of the Atlantic. I guess gps 0,0, west of Gabon. U can save a few maps there.

As for dji go 4, i followed the advice of this YouTuber but to no avail.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... e_Notes_0416_EN.pdf

2018-4-18
Use props
kozlio#
Second Officer
Canada

the new go4 app misses to fix the bug of using z30 on position 2 of m210 - the zoom is not operable in position 2. zoom on z30 only works in position 1. but that's ok. no big issue.
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... NtJFCCQw2uTbe5119ES

also, upon touch and hold on the CS screen, the go4 app doesnt always allow the camera gimbal to move in the direction of your point on the screen. on numerous flights this weekend, it touch'n'hold on screen only allowed for vertical only gimbal control, without access to a horizontal control.

not sure what's fixed and what's not. focus dial works better on pilot but same nonsense on go4.
at least didnt get green video feed/gps loss/compass issue on 3 h of flights. good! thank you!
2018-4-23
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

kozlio# Posted at 2018-4-23 14:22
the new go4 app misses to fix the bug of using z30 on position 2 of m210 - the zoom is not operable in position 2. zoom on z30 only works in position 1. but that's ok. no big issue.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q9UbPII5FY0aGNtJFCCQw2uTbe5119ES

Kozlio, did you had a chance to test your bird at full throttle forward? What is the max speed performance like? Would it be good to know if they just trimmed the power down ...
2018-4-23
Use props
kozlio#
Second Officer
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-4-23 15:14
Kozlio, did you had a chance to test your bird at full throttle forward? What is the max speed performance like? Would it be good to know if they just trimmed the power down ...

Matthew, haven't done full throttle test. not sure when the next job in the field will be and i live in a city with buildings around me. but yeah, no compass errors, gps signal loss or video green video from either the CS or iPad pro. had no communication issues. just a dead battery and unfixed or newly introduced bugs in the new go4 app
2018-4-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>

kozlio# Posted at 2018-4-24 15:09
Matthew, haven't done full throttle test. not sure when the next job in the field will be and i live in a city with buildings around me. but yeah, no compass errors, gps signal loss or video green video from either the CS or iPad pro. had no communication issues. just a dead battery and unfixed or newly introduced bugs in the new go4 app

OK, thank you for update. I'm just heading toward flatland beyond city suburbs to test my bird with patch antenna on Cendence and overall performance, will report later tonight ...

EDIT: testing went smoothly, no major issues, although with TB50 batteries only i have. In Sport Mode full throttle forward I get acceptable 80 km/hr, however the Go 4 app will reduce the power supply after a while of such abuse. No compass error, no GPS lost, solid communication in at least 3 km range. With standard stick antennas that is, the patch antenna is a flop. Oh, well ... I can live with that ...

2018-4-24
Use props
Mr Nebby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 682776 ft
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-4-24 16:12
OK, thank you for update. I'm just heading toward flatland beyond city suburbs to test my bird with patch antenna on Cendence and overall performance, will report later tonight ...

EDIT: testing went smoothly, no major issues, although with TB50 batteries only i have. In Sport Mode full throttle forward I get acceptable 80 km/hr, however the Go 4 app will reduce the power supply after a while of such abuse. No compass error, no GPS lost, solid communication in at least 3 km range. With standard stick antennas that is, patch antenna is a flop. Oh, well ... I can live with that ...

What do you mean "the patch antenna is a flop"?  Are you getting better performance from the whip antennas? Thanks.
2018-4-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>

Mr Nebby Posted at 2018-4-25 06:48
What do you mean "the patch antenna is a flop"?  Are you getting better performance from the whip antennas? Thanks.

Exactly, unless something else must be done in Go 4 app settings (i.e. transmission frequency). To be confirmed ...
2018-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules