Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New P4A+ activation problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SledgeHammer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99101 ft
Finland

Hey people. Cannot activate my new Phantom 4 Advanced +. I installed latest firmwares on both of the devices before anything. I go each step of the activation process and then tap the activate button and it just stays at "acquiring activation info" and nothing happens even if i wait several minutes. There's some other weirdness also going on. It likes to reset the whole process frequently. I think the whole lightbridge resets itself. It just goes into that main "enter device" and then "go fly" screen randomly. When i'm taking the activation steps it just randomly stops and goes "enter device" and after that "go fly". When i'm in that main screen and see the "go fly" it may suddenly switch to "enter device" for a second, like the lightbridge is resetting. I've tried to reinstall the firmwares in both of devices.

The battery is also stiff and doesn't like to get out at all when it's warmed up and at the same time it's seems loose in the socket like it's moving a lot in up and down axle when i move it. Not pleased with this individual at all. Speaking of friday the 13th.

Any help? Thank you.

2018-4-13
Use props
SledgeHammer
lvl.1
Finland

A video of the problem..
2018-4-13
Use props
SledgeHammer
lvl.1
Finland

About 15 hours from first attempt to activate this piece of sh*t and still no luck. Can it even be server problem anymore? Seriously not any thoughts?
2018-4-13
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

I would install an earlier version of dji go app to activate...... I had experienced the same problem ...i solved it in this way..when done you can install again the last dji go version.good luck
2018-4-13
Use props
SledgeHammer
lvl.1
Finland

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-4-13 22:28
I would install an earlier version of dji go app to activate...... I had experienced the same problem ...i solved it in this way..when done you can install again the last dji go version.good luck

Thanks for advice, but can i even do that in the + controller? I'll try that for sure if i can.
2018-4-13
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

SledgeHammer Posted at 2018-4-13 23:23
Thanks for advice, but can i even do that in the + controller? I'll try that for sure if i can.

It use to throw out an error if not but are you sure you have it connected to internet and don't have any firewall blocking connection to odd ports.
Perhaps the servers at DJI are faulty again, won't be the first time and possibly not the last, quite busy in here when it happened in the Christmas days ...
2018-4-14
Use props
SledgeHammer
lvl.1
Finland

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-14 03:03
It use to throw out an error if not but are you sure you have it connected to internet and don't have any firewall blocking connection to odd ports.
Perhaps the servers at DJI are faulty again, won't be the first time and possibly not the last, quite busy in here when it happened in the Christmas days ...

I'v tried with my home wifi and phone wifi with same result. Now there's a new problem. I downgraded the RC firmware with some file i got from phantompilot forums. The controller seems to work ok but now it wont link to my P4A. I tried the linking processes with the app and the button configuration. I pressed the button in my P4A when the controller was beeping and the light just keeps flashing on the phantom and the controller just beeps but wont link. Just great! I don't know what to do now. The firmware was made for P4P but i thought it uses the same GL300E controller.
2018-4-14
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

SledgeHammer Posted at 2018-4-14 06:18
I'v tried with my home wifi and phone wifi with same result. Now there's a new problem. I downgraded the RC firmware with some file i got from phantompilot forums. The controller seems to work ok but now it wont link to my P4A. I tried the linking processes with the app and the button configuration. I pressed the button in my P4A when the controller was beeping and the light just keeps flashing on the phantom and the controller just beeps but wont link. Just great! I don't know what to do now. The firmware was made for P4P but i thought it uses the same GL300E controller.

I think it should work, at least if it is one of the later releases, the downloads for the +RC don't contain any AC names, just like GL300E_v1410_20180412.ZIP
Assuming you have the GL300E RC, you could try the latest found under P4P downloads, not sure why the P4A download does not get updated.

Can you do anything at all? Back when mine was new i could not do anything but register and even today if i logout i can't anything but watch the login picture and enter the settings part.
If you can get to the Enter Device and come into the App, then in settings at the RC icon at the bottom you'll find advanced from where you might need to change type to the P4A.
2018-4-14
Use props
SledgeHammer
lvl.1
Finland

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-14 06:39
I think it should work, at least if it is one of the later releases, the downloads for the +RC don't contain any AC names, just like GL300E_v1410_20180412.ZIP
Assuming you have the GL300E RC, you could try the latest found under P4P downloads, not sure why the P4A download does not get updated.

I found a RC firmware from official P4A support page. Installed that and it links again. Tried to activate with that but it didn't even let me pass the "device naming" part. An error message appeared and it said "check the connection between mobile device and controller" or something like that. I tried with different names but no luck. So i updated to the latest firmware again and now i'm in the same position that i can't activate the frikkin thing. This has been a nightmare.

I can register to my account and fiddle with the "enter device" settings but as soon as i turn on the P4A, and hit "go fly", the activation form pops up and the rest is history..
2018-4-14
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Denmark

SledgeHammer Posted at 2018-4-14 07:48
I found a RC firmware from official P4A support page. Installed that and it links again. Tried to activate with that but it didn't even let me pass the "device naming" part. An error message appeared and it said "check the connection between mobile device and controller" or something like that. I tried with different names but no luck. So i updated to the latest firmware again and now i'm in the same position that i can't activate the frikkin thing. This has been a nightmare.

I can register to my account and fiddle with the "enter device" settings but as soon as i turn on the P4A, and hit "go fly", the activation form pops up and the rest is history..

It really sound like you have entered a bad circle of different issues, i still would suspect the servers at DJI being the cause of registration problems.

On thing i would mention, when i do my up- and downgrades i use to do a factory reset before and after, on the RC the one with format checked. Also i do the install twice as an attempt to make sure all modules get installed right.
I don't think it helps with the registration issue but would do no harm to flash it once more after a factory reset, if nothing else you would have had your mind busy avoiding the temptation to make it fly by hand out a window or so ....
2018-4-14
Use props
SledgeHammer
lvl.1
Finland

KedDK Posted at 2018-4-14 08:00
It really sound like you have entered a bad circle of different issues, i still would suspect the servers at DJI being the cause of registration problems.

On thing i would mention, when i do my up- and downgrades i use to do a factory reset before and after, on the RC the one with format checked. Also i do the install twice as an attempt to make sure all modules get installed right.

Thank you for your help. Those random connection breaks between the phantom and the tablet concerns me also. (seen in the video above) I haven't found any reports of similar issues by googling the forums. It makes me think that either one of the devices is faulty. Frikkin 1.3k€ system and can't even get it in the air after second day of owning it. Way to go DJI. If i can't activate it on monday, i'll contact the seller and send it back.
2018-4-14
Use props
SledgeHammer
lvl.1
Finland

SledgeHammer Posted at 2018-4-14 10:07
Thank you for your help. Those random connection breaks between the phantom and the tablet concerns me also. (seen in the video above) I haven't found any reports of similar issues by googling the forums. It makes me think that either one of the devices is faulty. Frikkin 1.3k€ system and can't even get it in the air after second day of owning it. Way to go DJI. If i can't activate it on monday, i'll contact the seller and send it back.

I just wanna inform you guys that i couldn't activate the darn thing till this day and i sent it back to the seller and i'll now wait for a replacement. So the problem wasn't solved. My advice to everyone with new DJI products is that before updating any new firmwares, try to activate it to your account, because you can't downgrade firmwares any easy way anymore. If i've tried to activate it first, i maybe had it in the air the first evening, who knows..
2018-4-16
Use props
fullspeed
lvl.1
United States

Its Feb 2nd 2019 and I think  I've got a fresh "restock " that I think they sold me as" new" from the little details I found at the unboxing. Anyways its doing the same thing that you noted and I'm still unable to fly after 8 days of having it and 3 solid days of trying to  get it to stay linked . I think its working and then BAM - its drops off and I'm back to hating life....I've spent more that 15 hours trying to get mine in flying shape plus a 2 hours at the DJI store with an  employee who acted like he knew all the angles - but it was never able to get it set up and the guy wanted to charge me $50 to have it looked over even though it was new and never flown and under warranty ... I'm loosing it ..I couldn't really aford it but it was on sale but now its discontinued and  its not worth anything if its not reliable and flyable... I'm really disappointed- I've been waiting 3 year s to upgrade from mt Phantom 2 vers. 2 from 2015 or so . At least it was solid and it flew by the set of your pants but it was dependable....don't know if I can trust the new models after reading all the problems everyone has with these things
2019-2-3
Use props
SledgeHammer
lvl.1
Finland

fullspeed Posted at 2-3 01:49
Its Feb 2nd 2019 and I think  I've got a fresh "restock " that I think they sold me as" new" from the little details I found at the unboxing. Anyways its doing the same thing that you noted and I'm still unable to fly after 8 days of having it and 3 solid days of trying to  get it to stay linked . I think its working and then BAM - its drops off and I'm back to hating life....I've spent more that 15 hours trying to get mine in flying shape plus a 2 hours at the DJI store with an  employee who acted like he knew all the angles - but it was never able to get it set up and the guy wanted to charge me $50 to have it looked over even though it was new and never flown and under warranty ... I'm loosing it ..I couldn't really aford it but it was on sale but now its discontinued and  its not worth anything if its not reliable and flyable... I'm really disappointed- I've been waiting 3 year s to upgrade from mt Phantom 2 vers. 2 from 2015 or so . At least it was solid and it flew by the set of your pants but it was dependable....don't know if I can trust the new models after reading all the problems everyone has with these things

I'm from finland so i don't know your policies, but if it is the same problem i had, then it's a faulty product and you should return it to seller and receive a replacement. Back when i sent it back, i contacted the retailer and he couldn't activate it either, so they sent me a new one and it activated no problem.  
2019-2-3
Use props
fullspeed
lvl.1
United States

SledgeHammer Posted at 2-3 04:06
I'm from finland so i don't know your policies, but if it is the same problem i had, then it's a faulty product and you should return it to seller and receive a replacement. Back when i sent it back, i contacted the retailer and he couldn't activate it either, so they sent me a new one and it activated no problem.

Thank you - I'm just anxious to get back to aerial videography - been flying since the Phantom1  (2013) and had to wait for a while to afford a new one -  both financially  and mentally . Its a real kick in the ass when they drop from the sky  of flyaway like I've had 3 do... sucha cruddy  feeling in your stomach and your wallet....
2019-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules